DWTNCS 7: Rodrigues V Williams

Screen-Shot-2020-09-15-at-10-28-45-AM.png

Couldn't help but laugh when I saw she has more than forty boxing matches and zero finishes either way, definitely don't play her by tko
We're going to hear stuff like:

• Danyelle Wolf is a high level athlete / high level boxer.
• She's massive/big for the weight class.
• She is a three-time boxing champion.
• She was a three-sport athlete.
• She's a Golden Gloves champ.

What we won't hear:
• Danyelle Wolf is 37-years-old.
• She lost her last two boxing matches.
• She's 27-14 in professional boxing.
• She has no professional MMA experience.

And when she loses, we'll hear how it was a big upset. Then, Tennant will go on to get owned in the UFC and we'll likely get a decent line on her in her debut.

As for Wolf, she is easy on the eyes. Her jawline looks a little questionable, but I'd still smash: https://www.instagram.com/danyellewolf/?hl=en

• Taneisha Tennant +120 $20 for $24
• Gregory Rodrigues -135 $33.75 for $25

Wolf 1.29 units to win 1 unit
Rodriguez 1.24 units to win 1 unit
Driscoll/Lombardo parlay 1 unit to win 1.41

Feels like the Naimov / Anglin line is off, but not sure if I want to roll the dice with the dog yet or not. Still a few hours to decide. Been doing well on these Tuesday night cards. Hate seeing it come to an end. November is just around the corner though.

2u on Lombardo 1,56
was thinking on tailing you guys on Rodrigues for 1u, but nah, I'll stay out of that

We're going to hear stuff like:

• Danyelle Wolf is a high level athlete / high level boxer.
• She's massive/big for the weight class.
• She is a three-time boxing champion.
• She was a three-sport athlete.
• She's a Golden Gloves champ.

What we won't hear:
• Danyelle Wolf is 37-years-old.
• She lost her last two boxing matches.
• She's 27-14 in professional boxing.
• She has no professional MMA experience.

And when she loses, we'll hear how it was a big upset. Then, Tennant will go on to get owned in the UFC and we'll likely get a decent line on her in her debut.

As for Wolf, she is easy on the eyes. Her jawline looks a little questionable, but I'd still smash: https://www.instagram.com/danyellewolf/?hl=en

It's not even professional boxing, she's 27-14 as an amateur

I usually love fading weird hype trains, but I'm taking a 1u stab on Wolf at -125. Not even going to attempt to justify it...

Would be funny if she loses though, she definitely comes across as a bit delusional.

(she claims her mma debut has been postponed because 16 girls pulled out to fight her in amateur mma. She also pretended to be shocked at her record being 27–14 according to boxrec, claiming she has at least 80 wins. That might be true, but come on, as concerned as she is with her online presence she must know her stats on bexrec. Nothing quite adds up. But I will say does seem she has poured time and resources into her training for quite a while.)

Last edited:
Lombardo -175
Driscoll/Paiva goes distance +150
Rodrigues -140
Wolf -142
Anglin/Naimov goes distance +145

£124.57 Rodríguez - 120 to win £100.80
£150 Wolf - 137 to win £109.90

Fuck this wolf chick. Her record and background is so bad. She is more concerned with how good she looks then actual skills. The chick she is fighting at least has mma experience that is good enough for me. I'd be surprised Wolf knows how to stop a takedown. This fight has a lot of potential to be hilariously bad.
Also are there any good boxers that ever made a good transition into mma? I can't think of anyone.

It is interesting that 73% on tapology are picking Tennant. If those numbers are at all representative, Wolf being the favorite would suggest bigger money is coming in on Wolf.

Fuck this wolf chick. Her record and background is so bad. She is more concerned with how good she looks then actual skills. The chick she is fighting at least has mma experience that is good enough for me. I'd be surprised Wolf knows how to stop a takedown. This fight has a lot of potential to be hilariously bad.
Also are there any good boxers that ever made a good transition into mma? I can't think of anyone.
She did win white belt championships back in 2016. At least suggests she was a quick learner and has had four years to do so... (crap, I said I wasn’t going to try to justify my bet)

I don't understand the wolf play but I'd love if she won by a quick ko in order to fade her bigly in the main roster vs someone who will wrestle.

I like kuppe here, citing Lombardos fight with daukaus as an example

13308301_1018429258248369_6463153568982505826_o.jpg

Danyelle Wolf got a gold medal in the novice event in June 2016, and she beat 3 opponents by points (this makes me think her 5'11 size might have came into play, instead of skills). I am trying to find more information about this event, but it's difficult, as it's not listed on the official IBJJF website.

Wolf hasn't competed in any major BJJ events since then.

If you have anymore info on what a novice event is, please let me know. It sounds like something below a white belt level, because there are white belt events in the main IBJJF world tournaments and local tournaments.

----------

According to a Reddit post, novice is essentially a white belt. They didn't want white belts calling themselves world champions, thus the switch from white belt to novice at the IBJJF worlds.

Last edited:
13308301_1018429258248369_6463153568982505826_o.jpg

Danyelle Wolf got a gold medal in the novice event in June 2016, and she beat 3 opponents by points (this makes me think her 5'11 size might have came into play, instead of skills). I am trying to find more information about this event, but it's difficult, as it's not listed on the official IBJJF website.

Wolf hasn't competed in any major BJJ events since then.

If you have anymore info on what a novice event is, please let me know. It sounds like something below a white belt level, because there are white belt events in the main IBJJF world tournaments and local tournaments.
It’s white belt training < 6 months

Back