Errol zimmerman and Tyrone sponge

lolmit

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Hello guys,
Did Errol zimmerman and Tyrone sponge retired already?
I haven't saw them recently in 'Glory' events..
By the way i really love Tyrone fighting style!!

Both had bad leg injuries some years ago and those basically took them away from Glory.

Spong is in boxing now and not retired. Zimmerman has still fought outside Glory and don't think he is retired either even if, based on wikipedia at least, it's been a while since his last fight.

Both had bad leg injuries some years ago and those basically took them away from Glory.

Spong is in boxing now and not retired. Zimmerman has still fought outside Glory and don't think he is retired either even if, based on wikipedia at least, it's been a while since his last fight.
Why did Spong convert to boxing?
I saw he sparred with Anthony Joshua..

Tyrone sponge

MKLU.gif

He was going to fight Usyk but got suspended for doping. Probably a good thing as I think Usyk would have crushed him.

Crazy to think it's been a whole 6 years since Spong broke his leg and left the sport.

Then we lost Saki. The LHW division had a lot of potential back then, now all we really have is Vakhitov and Periera.

Then we lost Saki. The LHW division had a lot of potential back then, now all we really have is Vakhitov and Periera.
Maslobojev, Zhuravlev and Machado should all have competitive matches against both of them. Kryklia fights in ONE at 102KG, don't know if he still can make 95kg.

He was going to fight Usyk but got suspended for doping. Probably a good thing as I think Usyk would have crushed him.
That was a shame. Usyk would have sent him directly back to Glory. Or ONE.

Maslobojev, Zhuravlev and Machado should all have competitive matches against both of them. Kryklia fights in ONE at 102KG, don't know if he still can make 95kg.

Should i keep my eyes open on ONE too?
Do ONE is in the same level like Glory or they like UFC and Bellator?

Depends on the weight class but i',d say One is superior at 70 kg, and they have good fighters at 61 kg, 65 kg, 67 kg. At 77 kg and up Glory has the edge i'd say.

Maybe not top to bottom but ya they certainly got a lot of really good fighters. They've managed to snatch up quite a few really legit Thais in addition to guys like Petrosyan. 70 KG and bellow is strong.

You also never know what you are going to get. In a ring or cage, with boxing gloves or MMA gloves, Kickboxing rules or Muay Thai rules.

Not a perfect promotion but a great addition IMO.

Also don't sleep on K-1. It is very much alive now in the lower weight classes (even with corona lol)

Would it be fair to say K-1, Glory, and ONE are the new first tier kickboxing promotions? What are the second tier?

Against who? Machado is below average fighter lately, Maslobojev is overrated. Maslobojev is untested, protected by the KOK manager from Lithuania Bushido, he embarrassed himself against a Romanian C in KOK in Lithuania (Robert Dorin). I"ve always liked Maslobojev"s technique, but I find him the most protected LHW in the world. Still, he can always surprise with a win, but probably not on long-term. Victories can give you confidence and Machado for example beat some better fighters when he was in maximum shape and his opponents not.

Khbabez or Andrei Stoica would beat both of them, probably via KO. Even Fabio Kwasi these days is at least better than Machado. Maslobojev lost to Cenik, Re Cairo took his scalp for example. I also think Ibrahim El Bouni is not poorer than Machado at least. Cozmâncă not sure, than Machado probably but I also find him untested like Maslobojev. He was with up and downs to be honest. But Cozmâncă beat Ferdous and I think he is better than Sebastian Ciobanu, who beat 1 time for example Cairo (in the other he was also KOed).

On the other hand Zhuravlev isn"t on the same par with them, he is worthy challenger. Or he used to be, some years ago. The most worthy.

Would it be fair to say K-1, Glory, and ONE are the new first tier kickboxing promotions? What are the second tier?

Enfusion and 2-3 Romanian promotions WITH CONTINUITY such as Dynamite and Colosseum (OSS Fighters is also very nice, but not putting so many shows). But I have doubts K-1 is a 1st tier.

If Superkombat would have survived, would have been 2nd in the world but highly competitive now to Glory compared to the past when Glory was much better besides the golden years of SK. In 2011-2012 but since 2013 SK discovered some of the best names now in Glory.

So Glory. And One but I hope they keep developing its divisions by signing more fighters. Otherwise One and Kunlun had this problem of developing all the weight classes.

ONE is a MMA promotion with some top fighters signed also in kickboxing. But its kickboxing you cannot say yet it is fully developed (as weight classes/divisions) and it does not launch kickboxers like Superkombat did.

Kickboxing"s Bellator was Superkombat for years (2003-2018). Superkombat was from Romania with Eurosport/CBS Sports Network contracts, right now in Europe the most active scenes are in the Netherlands and Romania. Netherlands has the best fighters, but is mainly hosting Glory shows. In Romania on the other hand the scene is split by 4 (+ another 2 regional) promotions now, but none is anymore at the level of Superkombat. Still, there are good fighters there and they keep hosting events every season. The TV money in Romania are probably the most now in Europe. Dynamite Fighting Show and Colosseum Tournament are similar to Enfusion of the Netherlands, which is a 2nd tier promotion and always has been. Enfusion unfortunately mainly focuses on Moroccans, not all the Dutchmen are fighting there (most of them are in minor Dutch promotions or abroad).

Last edited:
Real/my top 13 LHWs:

- all groups in no order:

Khbabez
Pereira
Zhuravlev (prime Zhuravlev)
Ilunga (but is unpredictable, not really in his prime)
Vakhitov
A Stoica
Abena

Kwasi
Tavares

Cozmâncă
El Bouni
B Stoica
Maslobojev

These 13 are all LWHs GLORY MATERIAL. Before Redouan Cairo would have also been in the first 2 groups. Loren was also a LHW at some moment, but usually he is a MW anyway. And Micheletti in my opinion is better than Machado, but they are overrated fighters. And notice I wanted Micheletti in Superkombat.

Last edited:
Duut is trash recently, since the KO loss to Sikking. Sikking was destroyed by both Stoica brothers, same as Hameur-Lain who beat Machado by KO.

Giving either Machado or even Maslobojev a title chance, is like signing Cozmâncă, El Bouni or Bogdan Stoica straight for the championship. Better give it to Tavares instead, who might not even be in my group B/2 (pretty untested, all the Enfusion champions didn"t do even close to the Superkombat ones in Glory). Maslobojev normally for a chance should beat both Tavares and Abena, and Tavares at least Abena. I am not a big fan of Abena, but in the fights he is in top shape and is using his height/reach he"s good.

You see my current elite group. Kwasi I like him a lot as boxing, very technical lately, but must improve his toughness. Cozmâncă also definitely a Glory material but less tested.

Kryklia is not a LHW, Plazibat got better results in his career as a HW. Otherwise Plazibat would have been also in my top but like all the Croatians is very unpredictable. He lacks consistency all the fights. And imagine Brestovac had the biggest value of all. Anyway, he can improve, if he finds toughness, but fought pretty unidimensionally against a bad version of Jahfarr Wilnis. But yet again I remarked him, it was a good win. AND the HW is tougher usually. Just that fought unidimensionally against an opponent with 0 plans. In 95 kg probably he would be make bigger fights.

Last edited:
I’d say Enfusion tops the list. Then probably, Rise in Japan, WLF in China, A-1 combat cup, W-5 in Russia, and maybe SK in Romania.

I’d say Enfusion tops the list. Then probably, Rise in Japan, WLF in China, A-1 combat cup, W-5 in Russia, and maybe SK in Romania.
Superkombat is defunct and anyway was a lot over your promotions. You are certainly not aware of the Romanian scene. Superkombat was 2 classes over current Enfusion. Superkombat heavily promoted Adegbuyi, Zhuravlev, Londt, Lascenko, Brestovac, Marshall, Loren, Bugaenko, Khbabez, Stoica brothers, Catinas, Morosanu, Paraschiv, Spetcu, Cedric Manhoef, Kwasi, El Bouni, Hutnik, Hron, Stefanovski, Plazibat and Belgaroui, and launched Pereira, Micheletti, Cesar Almeida, Kryklia, Yoann Kongolo, even your Jamie Bates and Daniel Sam. SK also had former It"s Showtime or K-1 veterans as champions such as Zambidis, Kraus and Ngimbi (also Ignashov, Mighty Mo, Slowinski, Edwards and Poturak). Verhoeven, Zimmerman or Gerges also had several fights in the promotions. Bob Sapp too. SO HOW IS ENFUSION EVEN CLOSE TO SUPERKOMBAT? https://en.everybodywiki.com/Superkombat_Fighting_Championship

I had Enfusion for years on Antena 1 and I know how laughable is this comparison. Even Enfusion owners would have only dreamed at the contracts of SK.

A1 WCC was never a serious promotion and is defunct. World Fighting League (WFL) of the Netherlands also not continuity but a bit more. W-5 is a regional Russian promotion. Clearly worse than ACB. What was the name of the Russian who made debut in Glory and embarrassed against a nobody? Young Russian, with clear record in W-5.

I wouldn"t compare W-5 to Dynamite and neither Colosseum in Romania.

WLF of China not sure it"s not defunct anymore, certainly under former SK by miles. WLF only has light weight class and that"s all.

Superkombat had the top middleweights, cruiserweights and super cruiserweights (light-heavyweights) and heavyweights in the world. Plus they were developing all the divisions.

Rise is good for midgets maybe. I like Rise more than WLF. But how can you call them such promotions if they can only rely on light fighters? Is kickboxing only Muay Thai or what? Is Glory only FW and LW?

If you look at Dynamite and Colosseum they promoted all the weight classes plus they have continuity.

https://en.everybodywiki.com/Superkombat_Fighting_Championship

For me:

1. Old K-1
2. Glory
3. It"s Showtime
4. Superkombat

The best kickboxing promotions in history. From those with continuity. Many on this forum are from Asia, so they are with Japan and Asia, but in Europe Superkombat had millions of fans from the Netherlands.

Last edited:
Back