ESPN+19 play by play

On Brown Bear here. Hopefully this fight will make me feel less dirty.

I'm a huge "Just Bleed" guy, and I love the old IVC fights in Brazil with groin strikes, head-butts, and virtually no ref stoppages, and wish downward elbows, soccer kicks, head-stomps, knees to the head of downed opponents, etc. were all legal...but yeah, I think that fight should have been stopped about 1.5 rounds earlier.

That really should have been stopped sooner. Don't hate Davis doing what I thought he would

I'm a huge "Just Bleed" guy, and I love the old IVC fights in Brazil with groin strikes, head-butts, and virtually no ref stoppages, and wish downward elbows, soccer kicks, head-stomps, knees to the head of downed opponents, etc. were all legal...but yeah, I think that fight should have been stopped about 1.5 rounds earlier.

Yeah, that's the kind of shit that stops MMA being truly accepted.

As a fan that was rough. Still though we aren't fans here and Gifford just isn't ready for the ufc

I think he would have happily cruised it out if his corner weren't screaming at him to finish.

Issue was also Gifford being too tough for his own good. Meaning that not only was he taking that beating, he was continuing to attack and throw and try to win all the way to the end. Which is amazing, but it basically forced Davis to throw hard counters and when he landed that last one...yikes.

Yeah, that's the kind of shit that stops MMA being truly accepted.

MMA isn't truly "accepted" because it's the ultimate meritocracy and the most brutal and individual of all sports. No one to blame or hide behind for any of your failings.

For the record, there were a lot of beatings back in boxing in the 40's and 50's that were on the level of what Gifford suffered.

Although yeah, that ref shouldn't ever work again.

This fight looks like a 12 year old fighting his 16 year old brother.

MMA isn't truly "accepted" because it's the ultimate meritocracy and the most brutal and individual of all sports. No one to blame or hide behind for any of your failings.

For the record, there were a lot of beatings back in boxing in the 40's and 50's that were on the level of what Gifford suffered.

Although yeah, that ref shouldn't ever work again.

I would argue society was quite different then but that's an argument for another time lol

10-9 Clark. Not a lot of activity. The two takedowns would edge it for me.

Spann looks confused or unsure, both when he had Clark against the cage lookn for the takedown and in his striking after. He looks lke he has no idea how to get the takedown but he wants it.

Was weird to see clark at +150 even though he probably won the 1st round

That was easy once Spann woke up, I got that completely wrong.

Clark bet was looking good in my mind too, that one hurt.

Back