EU passes law requiring all devices to charge with USB-C; Apple will have to ditch lightning ports

I believe newer iPads already use USB-C, no? Plus it's the main/only port on Macbooks as well. It's weird apple hasn't made the switch already.

I believe newer iPads already use USB-C, no? Plus it's the main/only port on Macbooks as well. It's weird apple hasn't made the switch already.
Yes this is correct. My wife has a new iPad Air.

I love bureaucracy

latest

Good fuck Elon!

It's going to take a year to charge a Tesla via a USB-C port. <Moves>

I understand the phones tablets and maybe cameras charging via USB-C but laptops require more power and use larger batteries. According to what data I can find, USB-C can provide a maximum of 3 amps a 5 volts. Current laptops have batteries in the 7.5 volt to 18 volt range and it requires a higher than battery voltage to charge a battery. My ASUS with an 11.4 volt battery has a 19 volt charger. If they drop the battery voltage to use the same batteries used in cell phones and tablets, they will require more of those batteries and take a long time to charge fully at 5 volts 3 amps.

It's going to take a year to charge a Tesla via a USB-C port. <Moves>

I understand the phones tablets and maybe cameras charging via USB-C but laptops require more power and use larger batteries. According to what data I can find, USB-C can provide a maximum of 3 amps a 5 volts. Current laptops have batteries in the 7.5 volt to 18 volt range and it requires a higher than battery voltage to charge a battery. My ASUS with an 11.4 volt battery has a 19 volt charger. If they drop the battery voltage to use the same batteries used in cell phones and tablets, they will require more of those batteries and take a long time to charge fully at 5 volts 3 amps.

Bro,

It was just a joke... Just trying to get ahead of Elon before his tweets.

I could give a fuck, here's my $$$ give me the charger.

I like you, only for your AV in her prime, other then that stop sounding like a fucking dork.

Not on MacBook pro and on phones.

Reactions: lsa
I couldn't care less since I've never owned an apple products.... But this some weird nanny state shit.

All the different bullshit chargers used to create thousands of tonnes of waste per year and cost consumers billions of dollars.

It's always just been a massive money grab by companies to force you to use their bs proprietary chargers.

Back