Social Evangelicals: "Jesus was a Libtard!"

To be honest, if Yoshua came back, he would probably convert to Buddhism as he would find more common ground with it. Either that or he would create a whole new following. Christianity has been adopted and transformed into something starkly different than what JC apparently stood for, based on how he has been written anyway. The guy was a forgive all, no violence kind of guy. The exact opposite of some of his most loyal followers throughout the years.

He wouldnt have made it to 23 much less 33 in todays era. This world would chew him up and spit his ass out so fast that he wouldnt be able to ask his father to forgive everyone quick enough.

like me many years ago you probably have never heard of the contemplative dimension of Christianity (widely spoken of by many of the early church fathers and totally preserved by monastics) and how that path has maintained and perfected the spiritual path that jesus taught.

Buddhism-- there is no self
Christianity -- there is a self created in the image of god and it is good
Buddhism-- the existence of god is irrelevant
Christianity-- there is a god who knows you and loves you and wants to know you and that relationship is THE WAY into union with god.
Buddhism-- karmic law will revisit upon you all of your past deeds
Christianity-- there is a god of love who will forgive you if you truly repent.
Buddhism- the path to enlightenment is a scientific one based on technique
Christianity
- the path to enlightenment is a relationship with a god who brings you in through its own power.
Buddhism-- the world is not real it is an illusion
Christianity- the world is real, it was created for creatures and it is not a mistake and it is good.

Last edited:
like me many years ago you probably have never heard of the contemplative dimension of Christianity (widely spoken of by many of the early church fathers and totally preserved by monastics) and how that path has maintained and perfected the spiritual path that jesus taught.

Buddhism-- there is no self
Christianity -- there is a self created in the image of god and it is good
Buddhism-- the existence of god is irrelevant
Christianity-- there is a god who knows you and loves you and wants to know you and that relationship is THE WAY into union with god.
Buddhism-- karmic law will revisit upon you all of your past deeds
Christianity-- there is a god of love who will forgive you if you truly repent.
Buddhism- the path to enlightenment is a scientific one based on technique
Christianity
- the path so enlightenment is a relationship with a god who brings you in through its own power.
Buddhism-- the world is not real it is an illusion
Christianity- the world is real, it was created for creatures and it is not a mistake and it is good.

Yup. Buddhism definitely makes more sense, moreso today then ever before.

Yup. Buddhism definitely makes more sense, moreso today then ever before.
thats fine that you think that. but that was not the point i was making. all of those differences were made by jesus himself or else were part of the tradition he supported.

i only wanted you to know that the spiritual path jesus taught has never been lost and has many very significant differences with buddhism. jesus is about as far from Buddhism as you can get on a spectrum actually.

and i only point that out because i was under the same impression... so much so that my first ten years after i dedicated my whole life to spirituality was spent in eastern religions because i wrongly thought the spirituality that jesus taught had been lost.

thats fine that you think that. but that was not the point i was making. all of those differences were made by jesus himself or else were part of the tradition he supported.

i only wanted you to know that the spiritual path jesus taught has never been lost and has many very significant differences with buddhism. jesus is about as far from Buddhism as you can get on a spectrum actually.

and i only point that out because i was under the same impression... so much so that my first ten years after i dedicated my whole life to spirituality was spent in eastern religions because i wrongly thought the spirituality that jesus taught had been lost.

Oh I understand the points you were making. It is just still clear to me that christianity has been twisted and contorted to fit whoevers agenda over its basic principals. I was merely stating that Jesus, if he came back might get so disillusioned by humanity today that he himself may chose to believe that this existence is not real and that the true path must be found from within. That his own followers may turn on him and label him a heathen preaching faslehood.

This world is so ripe with evil and chaos that the way of buddhism actually offers a more practical and intelligent solution to ones journey in life.

I dont consider myself religious, but that path actually makes the most sense to me.

It is an extremely difficult path which cant really be tampered with, which is why it probably isnt as popular as many of the others.

Last edited:
Oh I understand the points you were making. It is just still clear to me that christianity has been twisted and contorted to fit whoevers agenda over its basic principals. I was merely stating that Jesus, if he came back might get so disillusioned by humanity today that he himself may chose to believe that this existence is not real and that the true path must be found from within.

the last statement is in contradiction with what jesus originally thought seeing as how he taught the the kingdom of heaven is within you 2000 years ago. there would be no need to make a change as the contemplative path that jesus taught still works as well as ever.

as far as thinking his existence is not real i guess that depends on weather you feel jesus had intense experience with the ground of reality or not (i do).

what do you know about the contemplative path jesus taught in order to make those judgments between buddhism and christs path? i know a great deal about it and it has never been corrupted and has thrived to this day. im thinking you have not been exposed to that.

@Ezekiel 25:17

what do you know about the contemplative path jesus taught in order to make those judgments between buddhism and christs path? i know a great deal about it and it has never been corrupted and has thrived to this day. im thinking you have not been exposed to that.

@Ezekiel 25:17

One thing I believe is that you should venture down several different paths in life to learn. At some point however, the path should be your own, which in turn could lead to different paths based on how far you are willing to learn and grow.

Some religions most visible downfall in my eyes is that they close you off. You must adhere to set rules/practices or you dont make the cut, therefore facing living in a hell of sorts.

How do you change or grow being restricted like this, which is the best thing a human can do in life. Hinduism believes in reincarnation which means you keep coming back until you find some sort of self knowledge/awareness and ultimately find bliss. Buddhist believe that life is suffering and the only way out is through meditation and being clean/doing good.

I believe that you should ultimately be a good hearted person and do right by others even if others dont intend to reciprocate. That the energy you keep around you should be good and that growth comes with sacrifice and change. That the universe is very powerful and should be at the very least, respected. Meditating brings me peace of mind and calmness amidst whatever chaos exists outside of my sphere. If going to a church or a mosque does that for others, im ok with that, but it's not for me. I can respect it if it is respected by those who follow it, but it is simply not for me.

I can extract aspects from different religions and belief systems to incorporate into my own journey, but I never close myself off or adhere strictly to one way of practicing. To me, this is limiting and you should never limit yourself of knowledge or the pursuit for spiritual growth.

One thing I believe is that you should venture down several different paths in life to learn. At some point however, the path should be your own, which in turn could lead to different paths based on how far you are willing to learn and grow.

Some religions most visible downfall in my eyes is that they close you off. You must adhere to set rules/practices or you dont make the cut, therefore facing living in a hell of sorts.

How do you change or grow being restricted like this, which is the best thing a human can do in life. Hinduism believes in reincarnation which means you keep coming back until you find some sort of self knowledge/awareness and ultimately find bliss. Buddhist believe that life is suffering and the only way out is through meditation and being clean/doing good.

I believe that you should ultimately be a good hearted person and do right by others even if others dont intend to reciprocate. That the energy you keep around you should be good and that growth comes with sacrifice and change. That the universe is very powerful and should be at the very least, respected. Meditating brings me peace of mind and calmness amidst whatever chaos exists outside of my sphere. If going to a church or a mosque does that for others, im ok with that, but it's not for me. I can respect it if it is respected by those who follow it, but it is simply not for me.

I can extract aspects from different religions and belief systems to incorporate into my own journey, but I never close myself off or adhere strictly to one way of practicing. To me, this is limiting and you should never limit yourself of knowledge or the pursuit for spiritual growth.

I am somewhat sympathetic to your position here as I have studied many different traditions and quite deeply even. However, many people who do that and who take it very seriously discover that it is exceedingly beneficial to become proficient in one tradition while augmenting with others similar to the way many MMA fighters are really good in one discipline and then augment their style with other styles.

But even sticking with one system is extremely useful as each of the various traditions on the planet have figured out reliable ways to produce consistent results and that is not something that is very easy to do. Producing saints generation to generation reliably is a fantastic feat and the great world religions have honed those abilities down through the centuries.

I took sufism, shamanism, Hinduism and some Buddhism very seriously. Always meditating for at least 3 hours a day minimum for the first 10 years of my life.

But I found the Christian system to work so much better that it was astounding. And that's because Christianity is the only one of the big five religions that has transcended karma, which in Christianity is the god of the old testament eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth consciousness.

When you realize that you are not entering in by way of merit but are instead entering in on God's love, it changes things quite dramatically, especially for the unskilled and the ungifted!!!

Back