Evolution is not always a success

No actually it doesn’t at all, by the time your kicking leg returns your hands are back for offence.

Its a valid technique, for the right application. For myself however, I would disagree.

It doesnt lend itself to follow up technique well, specifically with the left hand.

I would agree its fine in regards to being back into guard position.

Its a valid technique, for the right application. For myself however, I would disagree.

It doesnt lend itself to follow up technique well, specifically with the left hand.

I would agree its fine in regards to being back into guard position.
Your not striking back until your kicking leg hits the floor, by then your hand have returned to where they were, ready to strike.

Your not striking back until your kicking leg hits the floor, by then your hand have returned to where they were, ready to strike.

You just described returning to your guard position after the kick.

Right kick right hand is thrown before your leg returns, aside from that, it is a example of the mechanics of a combination this method of blocking doesn't fit well with.
Im not going to be able to throw this combo blocking the way you have described.

Generally speaking, it doesn't lend itself well to follow up techniques but is fine for returning to guard.

A follow up technique to a strike goes, strike, strike. Not strike guard strike.

You are correct that yes you can return to your guard ready to strike using this block.

You just described returning to your guard position after the kick.

Right kick right hand is thrown before your leg returns, aside from that, it is a example of the mechanics of a combination this method of blocking doesn't fit well with.
Im not going to be able to throw this combo blocking the way you have described.

Generally speaking, it doesn't lend itself well to follow up techniques but is fine for returning to guard.

A follow up technique to a strike goes, strike, strike. Not strike guard strike.

You are correct that yes you can return to your guard ready to strike using this block.
I’m confuse you say kick then right hand, your right hand will be behind your back so how is that in position to kick then punch when the right arm is bought back to kick.
The left hand is the one on the face

I’m confuse you say kick then right hand, your right hand will be behind your back so how is that in position to kick then punch when the right arm is bought back to kick.
The left hand is the one on the face

Throw a right kick, follow it with a right hand.

The blocking we are speaking of, I am envisioning done the "Muay Thai" way.

Lucien Carbin teaches to kick and block the way you are speaking of. But is done differently than the "Muay Thai" way. Lucien way does lend itself well to follow up techniques

Don't know for sure but I like both hands up in a guard position.

I do remember when the Jet change the sport .

Back