Extremely high reps

Trying to condition myself without a punching bag, sparring partner, or money to pay for MMA training currently, just so I'm in the best possible shape I can be when I finally start again after my wrist surgery.
And what are you doing right now? What's your routine like?

And what are you doing right now? What's your routine like?
As I can't do full pushups yet as of my wrist, I do knee explosive push ups, pull ups, core exercises to hit: Obliques, serratus anterior, inner core muscles, and back. general plyometrics for lower body, hill sprints, HIIT, then swimming for half an hour every other day. Rest of time I have I use for drills

As I can't do full pushups yet as of my wrist, I do knee explosive push ups, pull ups, core exercises to hit: Obliques, serratus anterior, inner core muscles, and back. general plyometrics for lower body, hill sprints, HIIT, then swimming for half an hour every other day. Rest of time I have I use for drills
Which core exercises, lower body plyos and HIT exercises do you do btw? Just out of curiosity. Also, you don't like LISS running, or do your knees complain? And what about jumping rope?

What would a template of your typical training session look like?

Soo, I know JaxBlade isn't the BEST source of info or anything, but I know he's knowledgeable somewhat in the field for doing it so long, was wondering on your opinion of this:

Now, reason I ask; is because I remember looking at Mike Tysons workout(cus d'amato era especially) where he was doing some insane reps, same with some other boxer workouts of that era, I was wondering what the actual benefits are to doing this, and why most people don't train for that max muscle endurance, especially for a sport like MMA where, as Joe Rogan would say: "It's not a sprint, it's a marathon" Just wanting opinions.

Oh wow, I never thought I'd see a JayBlade video to be discussed in a MMA forum. (New here so I don't know much about what you guys discuss)
I myself only started working out intensively 3 years ago, so I am not that experienced but I feel that doing insane reps helps a lot. After I got the basics down and my body was ready to not be broken down from intense training I had started doing moderate amount of basic calisthenics like pushups, situps, lunges, squats, etc. while also doing some cardio like road cycling and running. I kept on doing that for a year with some breaks in between and I saw great improvement and I increased my stamina and gained some muscle mass. At the time I was ecstatic, I had never done this before and it felt like I was in a new body, but I soon learned that I had not improved as much as I thought. Afterwards I added more calisthenics and I also added in weights to get a good balance between the both and also I increased my usual number of reps which was 30-40 to 100-120 (not for the weights, the weight reps were still moderate). This was the change that I needed, It hurt like hell and I couldn't move at all for the first few weeks, but afterwards I really did change. I had put on loads of muscle mass on my legs and arms and my core was stronger than ever, while my muscular endurance was on a different league than before. Of course now I am always increasing the number of reps the moment I feel comfortable so I never stop growing, while also giving my body rest after multiple sessions.

Well, what I was trying to say was that calisthenics give the greatest benefit when in high reps in from my experience.

Also sorry for the large paragraph, I'm the type of guy that doesn't stop talking :/

Oh wow, I never thought I'd see a JayBlade video to be discussed in a MMA forum. (New here so I don't know much about what you guys discuss)
I myself only started working out intensively 3 years ago, so I am not that experienced but I feel that doing insane reps helps a lot. After I got the basics down and my body was ready to not be broken down from intense training I had started doing moderate amount of basic calisthenics like pushups, situps, lunges, squats, etc. while also doing some cardio like road cycling and running. I kept on doing that for a year with some breaks in between and I saw great improvement and I increased my stamina and gained some muscle mass. At the time I was ecstatic, I had never done this before and it felt like I was in a new body, but I soon learned that I had not improved as much as I thought. Afterwards I added more calisthenics and I also added in weights to get a good balance between the both and also I increased my usual number of reps which was 30-40 to 100-120 (not for the weights, the weight reps were still moderate). This was the change that I needed, It hurt like hell and I couldn't move at all for the first few weeks, but afterwards I really did change. I had put on loads of muscle mass on my legs and arms and my core was stronger than ever, while my muscular endurance was on a different league than before. Of course now I am always increasing the number of reps the moment I feel comfortable so I never stop growing, while also giving my body rest after multiple sessions.

Well, what I was trying to say was that calisthenics give the greatest benefit when in high reps in from my experience.

Also sorry for the large paragraph, I'm the type of guy that doesn't stop talking :/
Glad to see another fan! Yea, kinda bummed me out so many people blew him off like he has zero clue what he's talking about, and I was 90% talking about calisthenics and it's progressions, especially things for like ring dips, ring pull ups, etc. that hit those internal stabilizers much more than anything else does.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back