Rumored "Famous Irish Sports Star" under investigation - sexual assaults (MEGA THREAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The accused is 26...not conor...the victim was a dude...again, not conor...conor is 31 or 32.. different athlete.
Rosewood is posting that to illustrate the timescale that rape cases frequently span.

Did you read lalaland's post? Like, it's all been laid for you to read (as comprehensively as possible) - what are you on about? rumours? i don't even get what part of it you are saying is a "rumour".......are you trying to say that all of this coverage, which spans different platforms and different outlets internationally, and the file that the Garda Siochana have sent to the DPP recommending he be charged (because of the extensive forensic evidence) is based on.........a rumour?

Intelligence? Right, here's your chance so.

Explain it to us. Explain why backing McGregor in this situation would be the intelligent standpoint. What is the insight you have that trumps the file sent to the DPP?

Yeah, because nothing has happened to Conor and he is flying around the world and smacking old men in the face at pubs.

A brutal rape would have nobody touching Conor.

Look at Shawn Rhoden. 2018 Mr Olympia who's been accused of rape, and now he's been kicked out of all competitions and most companies are staying far away from him even though it seems that he is innocent.

Conor might be charged with physical assault but probs will settle out of court for that.
I doubt he would rape someone. People in Ireland would beat the shit out of him if he did and his wife would def leave him.

Yeah, because nothing has happened to Conor and he is flying around the world and smacking old men in the face at pubs.

Look at Shawn Rhoden. 2018 Mr Olympia who's been accused of rape, and now he's been kicked out of all competitions and most companies are staying far away from him even though it seems that he is innocent.

Conor might be charged with physical assault but probs will settle out of court for that.
I doubt he would rape someone. People in Ireland would beat the shit out of him if he did and his wife would def leave him.
Yep...somebody still hasn’t comprehended how the IRISH legal system operates...:(

Let's look at the facts.

* There are articles from multiple irish media outlets (I posted 2 of many) in december of last year about an internationally renowned irish sports star accused of beating and raping a woman on december 10th.
* A leaked RTE memo confirms that Conor McGregor is the irish sports star accused of raping the woman on december 10th.
* A Sunday Times article confirms that the RTE memo is genuine and refers to a sexual assault.

That should be enough for a rational person to realize that Conor is under investigation for rape, but there's more.

* The New York Times outed Conor as the irish sports celebrity accused of raping a woman in December 2018.

If they were wrong, Conor would've sued or at least gotten his legal team to force a retraction. Instead, his spokesperson didn't even deny it.

“This story has been circulating for some time and it is unclear why it is being reported now,” Kessler said. “The assumption that the Conor retirement announcement today is related to this rumour is absolutely false. Should Conor fight in the future it must be in an environment where fighters are respected for their value, their skill, their hard work and their dedication to the sport.”

That is a complete non-denial of the NY Times assertion that Conor is accused of rape. Anyone who still doesn't realize that Conor is under investigation for rape is unbelievably irrational.

Let's look at the facts.

* There are articles from multiple irish media outlets (I posted 2 of many) in december of last year about an internationally renowned irish sports star accused of beating and raping a woman on december 10th.
* A leaked RTE memo confirms that Conor McGregor is the irish sports star accused of raping the woman on december 10th.
* A Sunday Times article confirms that the RTE memo is genuine and refers to a sexual assault.

That should be enough for a rational person to realize that Conor is under investigation for rape, but there's more.

* The New York Times outed Conor as the irish sports celebrity accused of raping a woman in December 2018.

If they were wrong, Conor would've sued or at least gotten his legal team to force a retraction. Instead, his spokesperson didn't even deny it.

“This story has been circulating for some time and it is unclear why it is being reported now,” Kessler said. “The assumption that the Conor retirement announcement today is related to this rumour is absolutely false. Should Conor fight in the future it must be in an environment where fighters are respected for their value, their skill, their hard work and their dedication to the sport.”

That is a complete non-denial of the NY Times assertion that Conor is accused of rape. Anyone who still doesn't realize that Conor is under investigation for rape is unbelievably irrational.

So he's accused of rape....Ok!

That doesn't prove anything. Nor do I care what media sites post.

This case doesn't seem to have legs to stand on. I'd be surprised if it goes to trial.

This case doesn't seem to have legs to stand on. I'd be surprised if it goes to trial.

Based on what? Your assesment of the case is rooted in nothing but wishful thinking.

How do you know the case “doesn’t seem to have legs to stand on”?? Again, you’re comparing cases in America to cases in Ireland. As shown in the link I posted earlier, rape cases in Ireland can sometimes take years to get to court, which is why I made the “great reply” of you not knowing the difference between the legal system in America and Ireland.

FC940C70-9248-498E-9E84-02915EA812CE.jpeg

Doesn’t sound like that to me. You can say that you don’t care what media sites post all you like, but that’s one of the main papers in the country and it’d be straight up illegal for them to post falsehoods about the case. It’d be an obstruction of justice.

Great reply o_O

Rosewood is bang on the money there, you’re being completely willfully ignorant and not bringing anything constructive to the thread.
People have gone to lengths in this thread to explain the way our legal system works and provided all the pertinent details of the case that are available, and you’re just saying basically you don’t believe or care about any of that. As if that’s a valid stance to take. That basically, your perception of Conor McGregor is of greater importance to you than your critical faculties.

guys you’re wasting your time trying to get through to these fucking idiots. just like when mcgregor pinched the old man; all of them tried their best to say “he didn’t hit him, he threw a drink” he’s like donald trump to inbred yanks and until he’s charged you may as well be ramming your head against the wall.

Based on what? Your assesment of the case is rooted in nothing but wishful thinking.

How do you know the case “doesn’t seem to have legs to stand on”?? Again, you’re comparing cases in America to cases in Ireland. As shown in the link I posted earlier, rape cases in Ireland can sometimes take years to get to court, which is why I made the “great reply” of you not knowing the difference between the legal system in America and Ireland.

View attachment 635479

Doesn’t sound like that to me. You can say that you don’t care what media sites post all you like, but that’s one of the main papers in the country and it’d be straight up illegal for them to post falsehoods about the case. It’d be an obstruction of justice.

Rosewood is bang on the money there, you’re being completely willfully ignorant and not bringing anything constructive to the thread.
People have gone to lengths in this thread to explain the way our legal system works and provided all the pertinent details of the case that are available, and you’re just saying basically you don’t believe or care about any of that. As if that’s a valid stance to take. That basically, your perception of Conor McGregor is of greater importance to you than your critical faculties.

I doubt Conor will be charged with rape. Why is his wife still with him? These are pretty damning rumours and people are still hanging around Conor.

NYT article saying: "McGregor was arrested in January, questioned by law enforcement authorities and released pending further investigation". Doesn't seem like anything new has come out.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/26/sports/conor-mcgregor-sexual-assault.html

Someone from Conor's camp denying the rumour put out by NYT.
https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/26/conor-mcgregor-investigated-for-alleged-rape-in-dublin-hotel/

There's no proof of anything, just an accusation. You guys are reaching. Obviously the police would have to investigate an alleged rape, it's their job.

If any of you were accused of rape, you would give yourself in or be picked up by the police to be questioned. Then the investigation would continue based on further evidence or be dropped based on no more evidence. Basic math.

Who cares if media sites can't put Conor's name next to rape because they can be sued. They can't do it for anyone and it's just an accusation that hasn't gone anywhere.

There's no proof to call Conor a rapist. He could be but there's still no proof.

He's clearly a McRape Fanboy, only here to troll and waste everyone's time. Don't see why you take the bait. Everyone in MMA and far beyond knows about this, and until further facts and the trio emerges, his fanboys will just post rubbish to defend him. why, I really dont know!

I'm relaxed about this now. Am certain it will be tried in due course and this animal will be sent to the zoo jail for a long time which is where he will also get his comeuppance.

Wrong. I don't like Conor. He's an entertaining fighter but other than pre and post-fight media, and him actually fight, I don't follow Conor.

Where's your proof that Conor is a rapist? You could be accused of rape, does that mean you are a rapist?

It's not fair to just label people rapists without proof. Unless you have some insider information you would like to share?

Wrong. I don't like Conor. He's an entertaining fighter but other than pre and post-fight media, and him actually fight, I don't follow Conor.

Where's your proof that Conor is a rapist? You could be accused of rape, does that mean you are a rapist?

It's not fair to just label people rapists without proof. Unless you have some insider information you would like to share?
You are right in principle, but let’s agree that it doesn’t look good for him...

I doubt Conor will be charged with rape. Why is his wife still with him? These are pretty damning rumours and people are still hanging around Conor.

NYT article saying: "McGregor was arrested in January, questioned by law enforcement authorities and released pending further investigation". Doesn't seem like anything new has come out.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/26/conor-mcgregor-investigated-for-alleged-rape-in-dublin-hotel/

There's no proof of anything, just an accusation. You guys are reaching. Obviously the police would have to investigate an alleged rape, it's their job.

If any of you were accused of rape, you would give yourself in or be picked up by the police to be questioned. Then the investigation would continue based on further evidence or be dropped based on no more evidence. Basic math.

Who cares if media sites can't put Conor's name next to rape because they can be sued. They can't do it for anyone and it's just an accusation that hasn't gone anywhere.

There's no proof to call Conor a rapist. He could be but there's still no proof.
“...people are still hanging around Conor” - LOL, London MMA was correct - your trolling is pretty weak and I was stupid to fall for the bait.

The fact that he admitted having sex with, the fact that the police transported her to the sexual assault unit in the rotunda where she was assessed as having all of the injuries consistent with rape, assault and stangulation, the fact that the Garda have urged the DPP to charge him because they have enough forensic evidence to back it all up.

How does that NOT sound like rape to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back