Fastest hands in combat sports history?

Prime Jones, especially with combinations.

Michael johnson. The fastest hands in the game to strike the GOAT, and almost knocked him out with his lightning twitch punch
TotalAdolescentAmethystgemclam-size_restricted.gif

Who has he lost to that has faster hands? Cody is pretty substantially ahead of all his opponents in raw hand and foot speed, his issues are elsewhere.
He has fast hands but when he loss to TJ and Munhoz it's because they were faster in the pocket. That's how they were able to connect more during those exchanges. Yes technique factors in and defense as well, but they were matching his speed or throwing faster than him in the pocket during those exchanges.

He has fast hands but when he loss to TJ and Munhoz it's because they were faster in the pocket. That's how they were able to connect more during those exchanges. Yes technique factors in and defense as well, but they were matching his speed or throwing faster than him in the pocket during those exchanges.
They weren't faster in the pocket, he just stuck around too long. Cody has great eyes, but great eyes aren't enough against good fighters. Neither TJ or Munhoz throw faster, and Cody is still quicker of foot than TJ. I won't really even mention Munhoz because he's incredibly foot slow.

No offense, if you got eyes, you can easily see Cody is quicker of hand than pretty much any BW, with the only comparable guy being Dodson in his prime.

Reactions: 613
Manny around the time of the Hatton fight.
I remember some of the buildup footage to that being off the charts/ padwork etc.

Manny around the time of the Hatton fight.
I remember some of the buildup footage to that being off the charts/ padwork etc.

Yep. I came here to say this. The shadow boxing videos from around that 2008 time were incredible. His footwork and hand speed where blindingly fast. Amir Khan is another but not as quick as Manny imo.

The Best Eva... EVA!

THIS X2, it took 5 pages for it to come up. He hit him with like 8 punches in millisecondss and every one was a clean haymaker. Even in the slow mo replay his hands were still faster than a lot of current UFC fighters.

P4P its probably RJJ. Amir Khan, Hector Camacho, Meldrick Taylor, SRL, Floyd Paterson, Ali etc... All had fast hands too

For MMA it's either young Vitor Belfort or early Aleks Emelianenko(Fedors brother).

Roy Jones for the fastest shots.

Pacquiao for the fastest flurries.

Yep. I came here to say this. The shadow boxing videos from around that 2008 time were incredible. His footwork and hand speed where blindingly fast. Amir Khan is another but not as quick as Manny imo.

Manny was fast no doubt. But his hand speed gets slightly overrated because he throws in crazy flurries and he does that pre fight show speed shadowboxing where he throws punches nothing like he would in a fight

He loss his fights because he wasn't fast enough in the pocket. He has fast hands but he loss to fighters with faster hands than him in the pocket.
Not really. They just throw tighter punches and Cody starts throwing wide lopping punches in the pocket

Back