Fastest hands in combat sports history?

I mentioned technique as well. But that just means they were throwing the same speed or greater speed than Garbrandth. It wasn't just one punch that connected. They connected with multiple before Cody got KO/TKO. If there was a speed difference wide looping punches wouldn't matter, he would still land first. Munhoz threw wide and he also connected multiple times during the exchanges in the pocket. TJ blocked and threw a tighter punch but the speed was even in those exchanges.
What the fuck are you talking about? A nice clean tight hook will land before a wide sloppy looping hook even if they're is a speed difference. Cody was very clearly faster than TJ and Munhoz.

Good thing you specifically said hands. No one is touching Frank Dux 72 mph kick.
images

What the fuck are you talking about? A nice clean tight hook will land before a wide sloppy looping hook even if they're is a speed difference. Cody was very clearly faster than TJ and Munhoz.
Like I said technique matters as well, but the reason they were connecting even though Cody was swinging wide is because they have similar hand speed, if they didn't Cody would connect regardless of his punching technique in the poccket. It wasn't just one punch, it was multiple punches. You can easily see the speed of their punches in the exchanges regardless if they were wide or tight. Cody's hands weren't faster and that's why he lost those exchanges. You can get away with wider punches if your hand speed is faster, you can't if your hand speed is equal or less. That's the point. People with fast hand speed and who also know how to fight in the pocket will understand that.

I ate that shut up as a kid. I made my parents watch it. I remember telling them “You have to see what he’s done”. Oh how stupid I feel but Damn do I love the movies from the late 80’s and early 90’s.

80s was magic this was my favorite movie, sad it was never popular as the karate kid.

but the fight choreography is really good!!

Prime Manny was from another planet

80s was magic this was my favorite movie, sad it was never popular as the karate kid.

but the fight choreography is really good!!

No retreat no surrender was a great movie. I got that as a Christmas present as a kid. And I agree. The fight scenes were badass. I think that’s Van Damms first movie. Or is it black eagle?

Meldrick Taylor is definitely one. One guy to keep an eye out for in terms of pure handspeed is a Cuban defector named David Morrell Jr..

Anyone mention Mike Russow and his mach one hammerfist yet? Shit came out of f'ing no where!
28iumw4.gif

There are many, Meldrick Taylor and Joe Calzaghe came to my mind inmediatly.

Calzaghe slapped though. Not hating on the guy he had a weird style that served him well with damaged hands but its a lot easier to spam punches with that technique.

84121"]Meldrick Taylor, Zab Judah, Ray Leonard, Roy Jones, Ali (p4p)[/QUOTE]

Best answer yet

Would maybe add Camacho, even Khan and Russell

fastest hands goes to Sugar Ray Leonard. Most accurate in punching goes to the greatest Ali. Raw power, goes to Mike tyson. Best defense goes to Mayweather.

Leonard dominating Floyd Mayweather
4816670-2614821329-leona.gif

fastest hands goes to Sugar Ray Leonard. Most accurate in punching goes to the greatest Ali. Raw power, goes to Mike tyson. Best defense goes to Mayweather.
Tyson is not the strongest, but fastest and most explosive HW I have ever seen.

ko.gif

ThoughtfulOrderlyHarrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

pi4szW.gif

And

QnrXwG.gif

Evander had more brute strength than Tyson, this guy was a monster look how
he destroyed Buster Douglas.

and this Douglas was the guy who survived Tyson power.

Evander is scary!!
LikelyAnotherHummingbird-size_restricted.gif

Back