Media Favourite Mirko training

Some calling him out on half rep pull ups. Keep in mind his age, wars his body has been in, and injuries. Wouldn't be surprised if he has shoulder issues that are preventing him from going full ROM

The man is nearing 50 and has had like over 100 something pro fights across various sports. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Crocop had to retire from MMA because of a stroke.

That's amazing for an 80 year old Mirko!

He's in great shape, still a fucking unit at nearly 50 years old.

Do what? Some shitty circuit of arbitrary bodyweight exercises with shitty technique?

Pull ups are alot like push ups where not locking out actually keeps the muscles under constant tension.
What does locking out have to do with going all the way down? Those are opposite ends of the spectrum. Dude is right, though. Exercises have the most hypertrophic yield in the stretch position, not the contracted position. And if someone says, "hE's nOt dOinG pULLupS fOr hYpErtRoPhy", then what is he doing them for?? Just picking some arbitrary movement done with shitty form for "cardio" purposes? That's not intelligent training design.

He looks like he's incapable of doing actual full range pullups. I can do 20 but I'm also about 15 years younger than him and probably like a 100 lbs lighter

It's not like he's actually training for a fight or anything. It's for guys to do at home with little equipment. No he's not always using proper technique, he's showing the process. I'm sure he knows how to do a proper push, pull up etc. He was in special forces.
If he were just starting in this day and age, with all the advanced in everything over his time... He would be a beast. Those high kicks are legend. So fast and powerful. He was the real deal, deserves respect from anyone who claims to love fighting.

Back