Law FBI Data Show Unprecedented Spike In Murders Nationwide In 2020

You were. ???
I wasnt ???

"The number of homicide victims in California jumped 27% from 2019 to 2020, to about 2,300, marking the largest year-over-year increase in three decades, according to preliminary death certificate data from the California Department of Public Health.
There were 5.8 homicides per 100,000 residents in 2020, the highest rate in California since 2008."

https://californiahealthline.org/mu...id-covid-shutdowns-of-schools-youth-programs/

It in the title he says big cities have gone down, either way we are contributing this to liberal policies or BLM? Is that the point? Not the guns which is mentioned in the article, or that everyone seems to be turnt up to 11 because of social media.
No, it doesn't say that big cities have gone down. It says that the increase was slightly higher, percentage wise, in small cities than it was in larger cities, and that specifically NY and LA than have less of their share from the all time high 30 years ago.

Minneapolis went from 117 murders in 2019 to 185 in 2020, which would be smaller percentage increase than a town with 20,000 people going from 1 murder to 2.

No, it doesn't say that big cities have gone down. It says that the increase was slightly higher, percentage wise, in small cities than it was in larger cities, and that specifically NY and LA than have less of their share from the all time high 30 years ago.

Minneapolis went from 117 murders in 2019 to 185 in 2020, which would be smaller percentage increase than a town with 20,000 people going from 1 murder to 2.
Going by his OP which is what I meant to say instead of title.
“Large cities went from 13% of the nations murders to only 4%.”
That wording to me was a little weird how he put it. I did the read the article but I’m still wondering the point. I assume because of the poster he is blaming some sort of liberal policy. I just wonder what it is?

That wording to me was a little weird how he put it. I did the read the article but I’m still wondering the point. I assume because of the poster he is blaming some sort of liberal policy. I just wonder what it is?
13% was in 1990.

I think there's a clear pandemic impact. I doubt any political theories are going to hold up to serious scrutiny (not that that's going to stop hacks).
Pandemic impact? People losing their jobs? I remember reading about how crime declined in 08-09, destroying a lot of expectations.

Chronic unemployment is probably a better predictor of crime rather than a sudden, mass amount of unemployment.

I wasnt ???

"The number of homicide victims in California jumped 27% from 2019 to 2020, to about 2,300, marking the largest year-over-year increase in three decades, according to preliminary death certificate data from the California Department of Public Health.
There were 5.8 homicides per 100,000 residents in 2020, the highest rate in California since 2008."

https://californiahealthline.org/mu...id-covid-shutdowns-of-schools-youth-programs/

You're defending a statement that is different from the one you made. Homicide was up in CA from 2019 to 2020. Fact. Crime hasn't skyrocketed over the past 5 years. Fact.

Pandemic impact? People losing their jobs? I remember reading about how crime declined in 08-09, destroying a lot of expectations.

Chronic unemployment is probably a better predictor of crime rather than a sudden, mass amount of unemployment.

I think people being away from school was probably a big factor.

Where do you guys get this shit? I didn't blame any policies. I just shared an interesting article for the purposes of discussion. If I wanted to blame liberals, I'd blame liberals. But Trump was President in 2020, so he has to own at least some of it.

Tucker Carlson already did a segment debunking pandemic impact. Crime in most countries went down last year.

I think there's a clear pandemic impact. I doubt any political theories are going to hold up to serious scrutiny (not that that's going to stop hacks).

Murders in a lot of countries went down in 2020.

Also interesting that major crimes declined for the year overall, though that one (very important!) class rose. Note that it's the highest share ever for firearms, and gun purchases were way up that year.

Not sure how you'd target homicide specifically when overall crime is decreasing.
Gun control would be an obvious answer, but seems out of reach in the US.
Interesting that the increase was supposedly roughly proportionate across the entire demographic spectrum (Edit: although I'll have to dig up the data, because the reporting is contradictory on that).

Whats the increase in new gun sales since 2020?

Whats the increase in new gun sales since 2020?

Not sure on the latest numbers, but there was a slight decrease at the start of 2021 (after February, following a massive surge in January). That's still higher compared to 2020 though, which supposedly saw about a 64% increase from 2019.

Not sure on the latest numbers, but there was a slight decrease at the start of 2021 (after February, following a massive surge in January). That's still higher compared to 2020 though, which supposedly saw about a 64% increase from 2019.

Increase gun sales seems to connect with increase in gun violence, who would have guessed?

<seedat>

Violent crime only up 5.6%. I expected worse considering the circumstances.
Violent crime statistics can be very misleading, especially when the system is so fucked up that people don’t even bother to report heinous shit.

Murder statistics are a great leading indicator because it’s the hardest crime to ignore/cook.

Big liberal cities like NYC and LA are extremely conservative on crime, just because the city is liberal doesn't mean that it is so on all policy. They remember what the 80s and 90s were like. We're blaming the problem on a lack of will on the political leadership to clamp down on crime.
No NYC isn’t. They are unloading Jails like never before. Bail reform means appearance tickets for violent crime instead of jail. Many quality of life crimes have been decriminalized...which is why you see open drug use, tent cities, public shitting, vandalism, pan handlers all back in full force. Deblasio ruined NYC. Even Graffitti is back.

While the op himself says “big cities went from 13 to 4%”, the actual portion of the article he posted doesn’t say that. It says that New York and Los Angeles went from 13 to 4%. I don’t think of New York and Los Angeles as being the only two big cities in the nation personally.

Quarantine lefties with other lefties for long enough and everyone starts realizing what insufferable cunts they all are and deal with it accordingly...just a theory.

This guy may have mental problems lol.

Wouldn't be surprised if lockdowns helped this, either. People getting cabin fever, going stir crazy, mental health problems worsening, domestic violence increasing etc. Lockdown has really made all of those things worse, I wonder how many of these murders were the result of those things.

Increase gun sales seems to connect with increase in gun violence, who would have guessed?

<seedat>
giI1179.jpg

Funny enough in that same time as your graph the number of households that owned guns fell. What your graph shows is that gun owners were buying way more per persons than previously. In the late 1980s and early 1990s at the peak of gun violence, over 50% of house holds owned firearms. As the number of households that owned firearms started to drop so did the numbers on gun violence. Then we set record numbers for first time buyers and gun violence is on the up tick.

Back