Female Figure That Defines 'Charisma'?

I don't think charisma applies to women the same way it does for men. I can't remember the last time (if ever) that I looked at a woman and thought, "wow, she's so charismatic."

Finding a charismatic woman, might be similar to finding a woman that's funny. Sure, they might exist. But, that's not what they're valued for.

I think there's something to the idea that "that's not what their valued for". Or at least not famous for.

Famous chicks are generally either really hot or really good at what they do (singing, sports, whatever).

I'm sure there are charismatic women out there - particularly business execs. But none of us are going to be aware of them by name.

That really only leaves a tiny pool of high-level female politicians, which of course is going to be very divisive and drowning in biased opinion.

I made a thread about this and the responses I got are mostly male figures. Let's talk about the female version of charisma. Which one that comes to mind first? Hillary Clinton? Lol.

I think for female it's quite different, when you think about charisma from female pov it's someone what women find relatable or want to be that kind of woman be it personality or style. I think Jennifer Aniston fits this bill. You know the whole 'America's Sweetheart'. What do you guys think?
I 100% agree with Jennifer Anniston

Raquel
rs-181708-114158858.jpg

She wasn’t just gorgeous. She had a magnetic presence to her but was also so charming. She came across as you could easily have a conversation with her despite being the most beautiful woman you’ve ever seen
Before my time, but damn she was fire in her prime.

Margaret Thatcher.

“Being a leader is like being a lady. If you have to remind people you are, you aren’t.”

She was one of the great charismatic leaders imo. I rarely agreed with her policy but I always admired her charismatic leadership. She was a lioness, unlike the donkeys that lead us now.

348_margaret_thatcher.jpg

I'd say Rita Hayworth in Gilda was charismatic.

It’s an interesting topic, since women are mostly judged for their looks, a lot of charismatic women are just viewed as extremely attractive by men, so that trait is blurred slightly.

I’d agree on Oprah, her looks didn’t carry her but her charisma did. Politically it’s tricky, Condaleeza Rice is a good example, but many of the more successful female politicians get there by being either out there and half decent looking or just insanely smart. I think women like Clinton and Warren just come across as stiff and competent, not charismatic.

In entertainment it’s easier, Julia Roberts is a great example, not the best looking or the most talented but you can’t look away from her. Missy Elliot in music, and Tina Fey for TV are all solid choices as well.

There are some good examples.
Love Aubrey Plaza and Kristen Bells personalities, very charming and they draw you in even when they are being weird.

Oprah is one brain tumour away from having millions of women march in rank and file to her commands

In the book The Charisma Myth the author talks about how charismatic Marilyn Monroe was. Apparently she could turn it "off", put her hair down and just walk around in public and nobody would recognize her. And when she turned it "on" she instantly became the magnetic, charming personality that she was known for.

Physically she wasn't *that* amazingly attractive but I think her appeal came in large part due to her personality and magnetic charisma.

Aubrey Plaza is a snotty bitch. That’s the opposite of charisma. You guys are voting with your dicks.

I made a thread about this and the responses I got are mostly male figures. Let's talk about the female version of charisma. Which one that comes to mind first? Hillary Clinton? Lol.

I think for female it's quite different, when you think about charisma from female pov it's someone what women find relatable or want to be that kind of woman be it personality or style. I think Jennifer Aniston fits this bill. You know the whole 'America's Sweetheart'. What do you guys think?

2020082614084_5f464ff7c2bf74d8ccd5f24cjpeg.jpeg

Joan of Arc?

Back