Fight Night Champion. Anyone playing again?

I remember being like WTF when I saw that. Manny fighting Winky Wright with Grants was somehow weirder. I think they just did that because Grant, stylistically, is probably the closest of the in-game brands to Cleto Reyes. Logo placement, etc.

Yeah maybe or maybe business stuff with Reyes

Xbox One decided to re-release the game a year ago since it originally came out in 2011.

The last boxing video game made.
Hopefully they make a new one.

Anyway.
Made my create player, was 14-3, now 14-6.
Pretty pissed off, but i do like how there are different styles.
Boxer-puncher, conventional boxer, counter puncher, brawler, unconventional fighter, inside fighter and outside fighter.
I picked outside fighter. Gives me better stamina and speed to start with.
Got my jab and straight right hand built up.
My hooks are weak so I need to build them up too.

Dropped my last 3 fights.
Had a streak where I was facing these fuckin pressure type brawlers who were fuckin just on my ass every round. So I was having to constantly pivot around, throw a bunch of jabs and get out.
Was working good tho, they tire out, I start going to the body, and eventually KO them.
But then I get so use to that that Ill face a fuckin guy like me, who wants to potshot all fuckin night, and box.
I generally outbox most people but when you face a guy whos fought 100 fights compared to like 10, his stats are way up.
So if he has a great left hook or straight right hand, those shits hurt and it becomes a fuckin run and hit type fight.

Love the game tho.

Love when I get someones timing down so well that Im landing flush right hands, right when they drop there guard to throw something.

Cant wait for them to make a new one.
Rediscovered this game since I’ve been stuck at home. They need to make a new one but this game is so much better than the current mma games on console.

Love how like people have said you can win against a better ranked fighter with tactics and stick skill but then even when your maxed you have to pretty much fight every fight locked in or you could lose. Unlike the UFC game you can tweak the tuners where it’s very difficult on the highest difficulty. But you never feel like the CPU is unnecessarily overpowered.

I took a year break because my ps3 bricked , bought a xbox one and now am back to playing it everyday online

I saw this guy uploading a video last night, seems pretty active to this day lol

I took a year break because my ps3 bricked , bought a xbox one and now am back to playing it everyday online
Which version of the Xbox One did you get? I have an Xbox One X Enhanced. I'm waiting on the next gen consoles before I buy anything else as they're due out at the end of the year (assuming their respective launches aren't delayed due to COVID-19). I'll be pre-ordering my PS5 soon.

Which version of the Xbox One did you get? I have an Xbox One X Enhanced. I'm waiting on the next gen consoles before I buy anything else as they're due out at the end of the year (assuming their respective launches aren't delayed due to COVID-19). I'll be pre-ordering my PS5 soon.
Xbox One S All Digital Edition, its cheap and I dont buy discs anyway

Xbox One S All Digital Edition, its cheap and I dont buy discs anyway
I still buy game discs (DVDs & Blu-Rays) because I like owning an actual copy of the game media on disc. I've never been a fan of digital full game downloads unless it's a partial game download to add or expand an in-game mode or player campaign.

Restarted my guy at 354-244 207KOs
8-0 3KOs currently.
First guy I faced was 21-5. Beat him by majority decision.
Faced him again when I was 7-0. He was 38-9 by this point which means he went 17-3 since our first fight. Beat him by UD. Dropped him twice.
EDIT: Hes currently #63 in the world and #1 fighter out of Spain.

When I was 4-0 faced another guy that was 4-0. Won by majority decision. My game gave it an ESPN Classic Fight rating after.

Last edited:
Im back on. Took me a while to get back into it. I was getting beat but now I'm on my revenge tour.

I made my guy short with short reach to train against backstep spammers. Hes an 83 now so I'm keeping him. 5'10 70 in reach HW.

Alsk if you throw a left hook while they throw a right hook it parties the punch I never realized this

had a guy yesterday keep back step spamming me. He knocked me down twice and made me watch every replay.

I started front stepping everytime he backstepped and by the 5th round he was done. I made him watch every replay and he quit. Fucking hate this cocky guys who can give it but not take it.

It sucks though because they don't give you a counter window for front stepping past their punch like they did in round 4.

had a guy yesterday keep back step spamming me. He knocked me down twice and made me watch every replay.

I started front stepping everytime he backstepped and by the 5th round he was done. I made him watch every replay and he quit. Fucking hate this cocky guys who can give it but not take it.

It sucks though because they don't give you a counter window for front stepping past their punch like they did in round 4.
I'm 9-2 right now. Got fucked in two decisions.

Got to 23-9 got pissed restarted again.
Went 13-0 now I'm 29-4.
I'll stick this one out.
I'm at like #121 in the world. #34 prospect though. So the game knows I'm coming for the top.

Hopefully they make another game but I doubt they will.

So, this guy has a great channel. It's just him schooling ppl online and talking mad shit. But you can learn from watching his tactics

Enjoy

@Confucamus FN3 indeed

I am sure anyone who has ever played this game knows about the danger of gassing.

well the other day I am playing and the guy I am playing is just a fuckin god. Dude is landing everything. I am trying to cover up and get out of the way of the shots, but everything he is doing is working. I am down 4 times by the 6th round. Except when we come out for the 7th, I realized he is totally fucked from being gassed, and I am not because the last 2-3 rounds have been just survival for me.

I put it on him and his counters aren't working because now they are slow as shit. and I stop him in the 9th

He sent me a rage message for a rematch hahaha

Back