Fighters who flipped your opinion on them.

I stopped caring about Condit after Diaz 1, 2, 5. The recent Colby performance is another good example.

In WMMA Nunes pulled out from a card because of sniffles. From there on she was never put on 1 mln+ cards after being on 2 of them. And I only have watched the Cyborg fight live.

While he was fighting, I was definitely a Matt Hughes fan. After he retired I found out things about his personal history that made me not like him as a person. I don't wish him ill, of course and hope he's recovered/recovering from that train accident.

While he was fighting, I was definitely a Matt Hughes fan. After he retired I found out things about his personal history that made me not like him as a person. I don't wish him ill, of course and hope he's recovered/recovering from that train accident.
Matt Hughes can be an entire idiom himself: Never read your heroes autobiography.

I used to really like O'Malley when he was on the regional scene. When he got to the UFC and started running his mouth, I just want to see him get pounded out now.

Reactions: 666
Bisping. I didn’t care for his attitude on TUF and his reaction to winning the decision against Hamill had me really disliking him for years. When he revealed the extent of his eye injury and how he had fought through it I started to look back at his career differently and really gained a ton of respect for him.

Johny Hendricks.

Was impressed with his performance against GSP but acting like a sore loser and then not letting anyone touch his title after he won the vacant belt was enough for me.

Bisping. I didn’t care for his attitude on TUF and his reaction to winning the decision against Hamill had me really disliking him for years. When he revealed the extent of his eye injury and how he had fought through it I started to look back at his career differently and really gained a ton of respect for him.
Spot on

Benson Henderson. I was obviously a Pettis fan lol

Hated the split decisions and blamed him. Seeing him lose to Pettis was dope but felt bad when he handled the RDA KO so well. When he took the Brandon Thatch fight on short notice I immediately flipped. Thatch was undefeated and the next big thing at Welterweight, a weight class up from Bensons.

He went in there and took Brandon's 0 and earned my respect. I've viewed him as a fighting dog to admire ever since.

I have watched Jorge Masvidal since the Kimbo Slice backyard brawl days. I was a fan for years.

After watching an interview about how he described himself as the sucker punch king and then sucker punching Colby after getting beat fair and square I think he's a dirty mofo.

On the flip side I used to hate Jon Jones. Every fight I wanted him to lose early in his career. I root for him now though. Maybe because I respect how he throws caution to the wind and I can relate with his fuck ups.

Any fighters you used to love or hate that changed your mind in the other direction?
So you don’t like Masvidal for sucker punching people, but you like Jones because he caused a hit and run with a pregnant woman, cheated with steroids, beat his fiancé in front of their kids, etc?!
All due respect, but you sound like a moron.
Coincidentally, to answer your question, I used to be a huge fan of Jones and gave him a pass for his past out of cage indiscretions, but the way he ducked Ngannou and is cherry picking Stipe while also ducking Aspinal has made me dislike him tremendously.

Couldn't stand smug Overeem until I watched a few interviews. He's too chill to dislike.

O Malley

I think he's less a putz because he was a millionaire prior to becoming champ.

Jorge, Conor, Chimaev, Nate, JDS

I’ll flip on a guy if he always fights too dumb, makes the same mistakes every fight (Nate, JDS)
And I’ll flip if they become too goofy, like Conor, Jorge and Chimmy

I used to think Khamzat was the next Khabib and then I watched the Burns fight. I wasnt even mad just disappointed. There is something about wanting to see an invincible fighter, like ho Boxing had Tyson in the 80s I was kinda hoping we had that for MMA but now I know Khamzat aint that guy.

I used to really dislike the Diaz bros I used to hate their attitude, cocky -ness & excuse making for fights they lost but some time later I started liking them & respecting them.

So you don’t like Masvidal for sucker punching people, but you like Jones because he caused a hit and run with a pregnant woman, cheated with steroids, beat his fiancé in front of their kids, etc?!
All due respect, but you sound like a moron.
Coincidentally, to answer your question, I used to be a huge fan of Jones and gave him a pass for his past out of cage indiscretions, but the way he ducked Ngannou and is cherry picking Stipe while also ducking Aspinal has made me dislike him tremendously.
No I like Jones because he wants to be good but falls to his inner demons. Also if you watched his PFL interview he actually called out all of them. If I'm a moron you = noob+moron

Last edited:
He has been quite disrespectful since he retired. The absolute worst he was in the build up to Charles vs Islam 1 and even before that fight was announced.
Hard to say if it’s a language barrier, he saying things, that he thinks are funny, but come clumsy to everyone elses ears or wtf that all is?
I just hoped, I could have kept my illusion of him being a humble and respectful guy. Turns out he was not that during his career either. All the episodes like making a homeles man do pushups etc. is just not what I think is cool to do, no matter who you are.
Similar experience here. Liked Khabib's fighting style and apparent humility when he was coming up. Wow did I get the humility part wrong! On top of that I had the impression he was an honorable individual but his actions have taught me I was wrong on that too.

Back