Fighting Games Discussion

I tried it a while back and it ran pretty good on my laptop. I liked what little I played.
Yeah, I double checked the settings and the resolution scaling was maxed out so dropping it down made things run smoothly on my 1070.
Hopefully Capcom has an open beta before launch with a few of the other newer characters. As of the closed beta it's light years more fun and polished than the launch state of 5.

Fh-30FnacAIFoqo

looks like this is the next fighter in Guilty Gear

Yeah, I double checked the settings and the resolution scaling was maxed out so dropping it down made things run smoothly on my 1070.
Hopefully Capcom has an open beta before launch with a few of the other newer characters. As of the closed beta it's light years more fun and polished than the launch state of 5.

Yes, I want to see how Manon, Lily, and Marisa plays.

The beat from the menu music was stuck in my head for a bit.

I admit I was taken in a little at first although when he claimed the move was specific to Oro and especially his stage I started to wonder even as someone without great knowledge, never heard of anything else being stage specific in 3rd strike in terms of mechanics.

Taking more of an interest in fighting games again after 15+ years it does seem a little crazy how heated some of the talk about characters becomes, I mean I was aware that some characters were better than others in the past but the way its become so massive does seem like to plays into people becoming more egotistical, a defence against losing.

Big difference between someone from that earlier era like Justin Wong throwing about "broken" or "god tier" but accepting that its perfectly fine to use and someone constantly bitching about it as a reason for losing or why a game isnt worth playing.

I would say generally Third Strike doesnt seem to be THAT bad, maybe because its stayed the same for so long people just accept the game for what it is although I suspect the ages involved also play an issue with a load of guys in their 30's and 40's playing it.

Last edited:
If you could bring three Characters from SNK to Street Fighter, who would it be?
For me I would pick Yamazaki/Geese/Iori but I want them in a 2d style game or 2.5d I think it suits them much more than the SF6 style or the recent KOF style.

^^ Funny. The Street Fighter director posted this a couple of days ago.

I wouldn't mind seeing Clark, Tung, and Shermie in a SF, but if there were ever any guest characters they would most likely be Terry or Mai.

Last edited:
Back