Fighting Games Discussion

the fighting game i mainly check out is Smash Bros Ultimate...i know it isn't part of EVO.

I used to like watching SF4, my buddies played the crap out of that game...but they didn't like SFV...so they kinda gravitated to Smash Bros, which we try to play once a week together at my buddies place. It can be quite fun

the fighting game i mainly check out is Smash Bros Ultimate...i know it isn't part of EVO.

I used to like watching SF4, my buddies played the crap out of that game...but they didn't like SFV...so they kinda gravitated to Smash Bros, which we try to play once a week together at my buddies place. It can be quite fun
I remember in college melee was a game my friends and I would always play

has anyone here tried a Hitbox before?
yeah, i went from using keyboard to using a hitbox. i'm almost completely new to fighting games so i don't know how valuable my experience is and i don't have much to compare it to having never really used a joystick, but yeah i have one.

yeah, i went from using keyboard to using a hitbox. i'm almost completely new to fighting games so i don't know how valuable my experience is and i don't have much to compare it to having never really used a joystick, but yeah i have one.
Nice, i kind of wanted to try one but i don't know if my left hand would get use to be the directions for buttons.

Nice, i kind of wanted to try one but i don't know if my left hand would get use to be the directions for buttons.
yeah, it's hard to say since i've never really played with a joystick outside of at the arcade as a kid so i don't have a lot to compare it to, but it feels natural coming from playing games on the keyboard and using my left hand and keys to make movement inputs. haven't played a character like golddick in GGS with half circle inputs that might be awkward with the "up" button being down by my thumb though.

I remember in college melee was a game my friends and I would always play

Melee is the GOAT. Played the shit out of it from release up until like 2014. Only really stopped because finally my friends and I moved away from each other lmao.

@OnionKnight86 Heh, I'm proud of this. Hearing by buddy mash that coin button afterwards was great.

200.gif

has anyone here tried a Hitbox before?
Yeah, it's okay. I prefer arcade stick still to everything. Ball top, Japanese layout. If you learn to use it I feel its just as valid, the biggest benefit is your drop won't wear out and you'll randomly drop directional inputs. I gotta replace my drop for the 4th or 5th time on this stick and I barely play anything anymore.

Yeah, it's okay. I prefer arcade stick still to everything. Ball top, Japanese layout. If you learn to use it I feel its just as valid, the biggest benefit is your drop won't wear out and you'll randomly drop directional inputs. I gotta replace my drop for the 4th or 5th time on this stick and I barely play anything anymore.
i have a stick but i don't like the gate ( i think that's what its called) it has, doesn't feel great when i'm doing certain inputs

i have a stick but i don't like the gate ( i think that's what its called) it has, doesn't feel great when i'm doing certain inputs
Square or Octagon? I prefer square gates, but I also played in the arcades when I was younger.

Back