Fightmetric didnt score this as a knockdown

At that moment i also don't think that was, but Adesanya admitted after that he, actually, was dropped.

So, Fightmetric is wrong.

Kind of moment that looked worse at the time, he seems pretty clear throughout in that sequence.

He was rocked as fuck with the neck kick in the 4th though.

I don't recall off the top of my head kelvin being dropped before... or Israel having any power. lol

Rick story dropped him, and it actually looks extremely similar to that knock down shown above from Adesanya. Left hand, similar position in the octagon...

story+2.gif

Lol they really need to make a clear definition of what a knockdown is. Is it when you fall to a knee or a hand on the mat or what?
Shouldn't it just follow the rule of what is a "downed opponent"?
Or at least I think what the old rule was, three point contact?
On your butt or back, seem to be obvious in those occasions.

Yes it should be considered a knockdown, if the ropes/cage holds a fighter up/keeps them from falling that is suppose to be scored a knockdown.

But at what point in boxing does it count as a KD? When the back hits the floor or the hands or what is the exact definition?
If anything but your feet touches the ground due to a punch. If the ref believes the ropes held you up then that is also a knockdown.

Last edited:
It wasn't a knockdown. He was back peddaling and the momentum of the punch sent him backwards. He had the gas on queer street in the 5th with blood gushing out his mouth.

The same people who claim Khabib "knocked down" Conor, will turn around and say this wasn't a knockdown

Blatant hypocrites

If Conor was "knocked down" then so was Isreal....both never hit the mat period..."body parts touching" is irrelevant and has nothing to do with the rules. That's only a boxing rule....either both Conor and Isreal were dropped...or both were not dropped.

Blah blah blah strawman strawman strawman. Both are knockdowns imo. Conor’s knee touches the ground, and is most certainly the definition of a knockdown in combat sports.

Last edited:
hand touched the ground = knockdown

Well he was rocked but he recovered instantly

Hard to tell if he actually would have fallen or not.

ElectricSmoothCaracal-size_restricted.gif

This is definitely a knock down though
But his knee didn't touch the mat. So this is not a knockdown

The same people who claim Khabib "knocked down" Conor, will turn around and say this wasn't a knockdown

Blatant hypocrites

If Conor was "knocked down" then so was Isreal....both never hit the mat period..."body parts touching" is irrelevant and has nothing to do with the rules. That's only a boxing rule....either both Conor and Isreal were dropped...or both were not dropped.
I like how you're invinting opposition here lol. Naturally, you have to defend conors honor against these imaginary hypocrites you dreamt up.

In boxing it would be. But for me its when you fall to a hand and/or knee that it's clear as day

Blatant hypocrites

Those "same people" aren't Fightmetric, so I don't know who you're raging at.

View attachment 566183

Seriously, what the fuck do Khabib and Conor have to do with this? Is there some kind of crossover between Khabib fans/Conor haters and Adesanya fans that I'm unaware of?

Why do you guys have to insert McGregor into every fucking thread?
AstonishingSharpJavalina-max-1mb.gif

I don't recall off the top of my head kelvin being dropped before... or Israel having any power. lol
KG was tired as fuck. when you are gassed, you go down even if you are a big dude.
Not that KG is a big guy. Cardio helps with recovery. That's why smaller guys can only win vs heavyweights if they tire their bigger opponents out. For sure some MWs can beat some top HWs but their margin for error is very low. They have to tire their opponents out quick. One power shot is all it takes. That's why HW will always be the best weight class.

Works the same in boxing. If you hold yourself up with the ropes it isn't a knockdown... because you aren't knocked down.

Grabbing the cage is illegal in MMA. Israel most likely falls if he doesn’t cheat.

It's a rule in literally every striking sport. If you watch K-1/Glory it's the same. Hold yourself up with the ropes it isn't a knock down.
If your butt, knee, hand, whatever hit the ground it's a knock down.

Israel's right hand hits the ground.

Back