Final call - Jones vs Gane predictions?

Let's hear it...

Who takes it, and how?

I see this going one of two ways.

Jon looking ring-rusty, timing off, gets pieced up on the feet. UD by Gane, or possible tko from a barrage, started with something like a head kick or knee landed.

OR - Jon is able to mix up his kicking game and use it to time his entries, and plant Cyril on his back, and slashes him up with hellbows, getting a ref or Drs stoppage.

Going to go with the latter, based on Jon's fight IQ. 4th round stoppage due to cuts.

Jon's hellbows ended about 10 years ago.

Gane. Only because Jones has been out of the fight game for quite a while, and looks like he had to put on quite a bit of weight for this fight, which is only gonna add to his potential ring rust/cardio issues. I won't be surprised if Jones wins, but I'm leaning towards this being a sad exit of sorts, for a legend.

My guess, Jones gasses early, gets dropped and TKO'd/submitted. 2nd Round.

One of the trickier match ups to predict due to all the contrasting factors.

Jones:
(-)
Exhibited visible decline in his last fights, plus 3 years off and heavier body to carry around for the first time.
(-) Terrible lifestyle that surely adds to his already very long mileage.
(-) Hasn't managed to impose an offensive wrestling game plan since Gus 2 (picco saga).

(+) His wrestling credentials along with his experience and ring craft would nullify ALL of the above and lead him to an easy victory, IF his body would allow for it. We don't know.

Gane:
(+) Is really slick and cerebral on the feet and has shown he can turn it up for the TKO recently.
(+) A genetic freak with great attributes and very low mileage, surely a champ sometime down the line.

(-) Got taken (and held) down repeatedly by Ngannou, who learned offensive wrestling via youtube tutorials while he was getting his hands wrapped backstage.

I threw 5 bucks on Gane via stoppage, just because it offered great odds and I could multiply it with some "safe" soccer matches into a good parlay, but I don't have delusions of knowing how this will turn out.
I can see it happening though, if Jones gets overwhelmed standing up and becomes predictable in his wrestling attempts.

Really amped to watch.

Last edited:
One of the trickier match ups to predict due to all the contrasting factors.

Jones:
(-)
Exhibited visible decline in his last fights, plus 3 years off and heavier body to carry around for the first time.
(-) Terrible lifestyle that surely adds to his already very long mileage.
(-) Hasn't managed to impose an offensive wrestling game plan since Gus 2 (picco saga).

(+) His wrestling credentials along with his experience and ring craft would nullify ALL of the above and lead him to an easy victory, IF his body would allow for it. We don't know.

Gane:
(+) Is really slick and cerebral on the feet and has shown he can turn it up for the TKO recently.
(+) A genetic freak with great attributes and very low mileage, surely a champ sometime down the line.

(-) Got taken (and held) down repeatedly by Ngannou, who learned offensive wrestling via youtube tutorials while he was getting his hands wrapped backstage.

I threw 5 bucks on Gane via stoppage, just because it offered great odds and I could multiply it with some "safe" soccer matches into a good parlay, but I don't have delusions of knowing how this will turn out.
I can see it happening though, if Jones gets overwhelmed standing up and becomes predictable in his wrestling attempts.

Really amped to watch.
Agree on all that.

I could see father time and inactivity catching up to Jon in this one, and Cyril just piecing him up.

But I have bet against Jones in the past and he usually proves me wrong, so I am slightly leaning towards him rising to the occasion and fighting a very smart, calculated game plan.

But this fight truly is a pick em for me.

Gane by decision, or Jones by decision if he is able to figure out Gane's striking after the first two rounds. It will be interesting to see how the odds move as we get past each round.

They padded that "public" crowd full of Dwight Casuals.

Not one yell of "picograms".

SUS !

Dwight Round 4, by a pico post eye poke.

A rusty Jones struggled with OSP years ago. I still think Jones takes it by GnP in Rd3 or 4 since Gane has 0 wrestling.

Dwight Round 4, by a pico post eye poke.
That's the thing - do Gane and his team know (realize) that Jon will do anything to get a win; especially if he starts to lose (we'll get to see the old "accidental" foul that changes the course of the fight).

JBJ UD
Losing 1 rnd in kickboxing, rnd 3 or so. Rest he grinds out with TDs and GNP.

Back