PlayStation Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth

Wassup fellas, where we at?

I’ve just hit chapter 9. Yes I’ve put in a lot of hours (about 35), fortunately I was able to plan for me not to have a lot of responsibilities in between February 29 00:00 and now. What also kind of helped is that I caught a cold, so next to sleeping and going for walks I wasn’t really able to do much other than play the game anyway.

Feeling better now though so instead of taking another Sunday to play I’ve been catching up on some work. Might play an hour or two later tonight.

Anyway, the game is just magnificent. It’s so jam-packed with love, care and attention it just oozes personality. For example it’s like almost every NPC in this game (and there are a LOT) has dialogue. They didn’t have to go so fucking all out hard, but they did.

The only small critique I have is that I feel like the narrative and world are slightly less “dark” than the OG to me, but that could probably be due to the fact that game production quality between 1997 and 2024 are lightyears apart. Every character for example has voice acting (duh) compared to just text and 3d polygon emotes. So in the OG you only have very limited visual cues to gauge the mood, which were darker, if that makes sense. Also, I was like 9 when I played OG FF7 so there’s that.

Also; Yuffie is fucking BROKEN

Ideal party setup has been Cloud/Barret/Yuffie for me, Barret with Stoneskin/Lifesaver and buff spells in the tank/support role, Yuffie as the main damage dealer and Cloud as whatever role he needs to perform is how I roll atm.

For me, there seems to be no other way than dynamic for the first playthrough as I switched to normal just to see where I was at and I just straight up one shot regular creeps.

End of wall of text. Anyone already further than chapter 9 here?

Last edited:
Wassup fellas, where we at?

I’ve just hit chapter 9. Yes I’ve put in a lot of hours (about 35), fortunately I was able to plan for me not to have a lot of responsibilities in between February 29 00:00 and now. What also kind of helped is that I caught a cold, so next to sleeping and going for walks I wasn’t really able to do much other than play the game anyway.

Feeling better now though so instead of taking another Sunday to play I’ve been catching up on some work. Might play an hour or two later tonight.

Anyway, the game is just magnificent. It’s so jam-packed with love, care and attention it just oozes personality. For example it’s like almost every NPC in this game (and there are a LOT) has dialogue. They didn’t have to go so fucking all out hard, but they did.

The only small critique I have is that I feel like the narrative and world are slightly less “dark” than the OG to me, but that could probably be due to the fact that game production quality between 1997 and 2024 are lightyears apart. Every character for example has voice acting (duh) compared to just text and 3d polygon emotes. So in the OG you only have very limited visual cues to gauge the mood, which were darker, if that makes sense. Also, I was like 9 when I played OG FF7 so there’s that.

Also; Yuffie is fucking BROKEN

Ideal party setup has been Cloud/Barret/Yuffie for me, Barret with Stoneskin/Lifesaver and buff spells in the tank/support role, Yuffie as the main damage dealer and Cloud as whatever role he needs to perform is how I roll atm.

For me, there seems to be no other way than dynamic for the first playthrough as I switched to normal just to see where I was at and I just straight up one shot regular creeps.

End of wall of text. Anyone already further than chapter 9 here?

You've been going hard. I'm only on Chapter 4 working on clearing the second region. First has been cleared. I have Cloud, Aerith, and Tifa and I can tell my party is garbage. Aerith is pretty much useless. The AI ATB gauge doesn't seem to fill fast enough compared to when I control them. I might need to look at my setup. I honestly feel like I'm garbage at the game I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Normal just feels way harder than it should and I'm barely making it through some fights. I like how summons are used much more than before.

I have about 15 hours in the game but I skipped 2 from the demo so I guess it would be more like 17.

Last edited:
I haven't played it yet, but clips keep showing up in my youtube feed. I'm not quite sure how I feel about Cait Sith being Scottish...

You've been going hard. I'm only on Chapter 4 working on clearing the second region. First has been cleared. I have Cloud, Aerith, and Tifa and I can tell my party is garbage. Aerith is pretty much useless. The AI ATB gauge doesn't seem to fill fast enough compared to when I control them. I might need to look at my setup. I honestly feel like I'm garbage at the game I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Normal just feels way harder than it should and I'm barely making it through some fights. I like how summons are used much more than before.

I have about 15 hours in the game but I skipped 2 from the demo so I guess it would be more like 17.
Yeah Aerith is so underwhelming. The only really good ability is Sorcerers Storm tbh. The problem like you said is her ATB buildup which is just sluggish and takes forever. Then when you do get the Arcane Ward down and can start double casting spells you probably take aggro, start getting knocked back and try to recover. I rarely ever use her, even when she’s forced into my party I just use her as a heal bot for when I’m low.

Tifa is good for single target/staggered enemies but lacks reliable AoE. Red XIII however is very interesting as he’s quick and holding down square for makes him do a spinning attack around the map at high speed that rounds up enemies. If you want to kill creeps fast, you can just spam that ability until you have 2 ATB for Stardust Ray. With the enemies that should usually now be central you can just nuke the fuck out of them with this method.

If you’re struggling I’d just recommend putting Barret in every chance you get. Lifesaver makes him tank damage your other party members receive. Steelskin buffs up his defences. Throw on some HP Ups & a healing materia. His basic attacks(especially Overcharge) are the most reliable source of ATB out of all the party members so you can utilize his kit every time Overcharge is up.

But the main point is using Assess on every new enemy type you encounter so you can read what actions build up the Stagger meter the quickest. Weakness to a certain element is what I look for most of the time. By having every source of elemental damage somewhere in the party at all times you will always have an opening to build up the meter. Yuffie, once you get her in the party, is broken for this because she has a reliable, ranged, just 1 ATB costing source of elemental damage in her kit through her Ninjutsu. Just one spell with green materia usually builds up at least 15% on the stagger meter and often gets the opponent pressured so you can build the meter up even faster.

And lastly the game wants you to utilize every party member, so keep switching in between commands. They want you to use synergy abilities but it takes a while getting used to.

I got to chapter 4 and now ive stopped to do all that stuff as well. clearing the first area now.
I just started Junon, I haven’t even bothered with the town. Running around doing Chadley quests.

Titan kicked my ass so i figured i go level up first before i try that trial again

I just started Junon, I haven’t even bothered with the town. Running around doing Chadley quests.

Titan kicked my ass so i figured i go level up first before i try that trial again

Haven't even tried doing any of the virtual fights yet. I might save those for closer to the end of the game.

Finally able to get started with this after going through the Intermission DLC. Probably could have finished it earlier, but was having a lot of fun with the Fort Condor stuff.

Only got to play for about an hour of Rebirth, and I'm really itching to get more time. Just turning the Remake on to start the DLC and hearing the music, just hit all the feels. It's going to be really hard waiting years for the final installment.

Haven't even tried doing any of the virtual fights yet. I might save those for closer to the end of the game.
You’re missing out on some very good rewards mate

just saw a streamer talk about this in relation to the difficulty, grinding in this game is doing the side quests. If you’re approaching this with a completionist mindset the game isn’t that difficult even on hard mode. If you’re mostly just bumrushing through the main story, the game will probably kick your ass

Last edited:
You can get some decent enemy skills and materia for completing them.

The only challenge I haven’t done yet is finishing the last proto relic for the Fort Condor mini game and the Phoenix summon

You’re missing out on some very good rewards mate

just saw a streamer talk about this in relation to the difficulty, grinding in this game is doing the side quests. If you’re approaching this with a completionist mindset the game isn’t that difficult even on hard mode. If you’re mostly just bumrushing through the main story, the game will probably kick your ass
Yea I've been doing everything but the virtual fights. Guess I'll get on those next.

Haven't had as much time as I'd like this weekend to put into the game but up to about 10 hours so far, done a couple of things in Junon and have got Titan so far.

binged the game from start until yesterday, now no time to play whatsoever until Thursday. withdrawal symtoms kicking in. gimme mah crack

chappelles-show-dave-chappelle.gif

binged the game from start until yesterday, now no time to play whatsoever until Thursday. withdrawal symtoms kicking in. gimme mah crack

chappelles-show-dave-chappelle.gif

Yea i went hard this past weekend. Haven't played since Sunday and wont be able to until Thursday also.

Back