Finally the Ryan Hall myth has ended.

With a broken hand? Let me guess...he was lying that he broke his hand the first punch right?

his other hand was broken? His legs were broken? His one broken hand explains zero offensive wrestling? Spit that dick out. He’s not the first fighter to break his hand in competition.

The UFC is obligated to offer you 3 fights every year otherwise they have to pay you the show money. Whether you accept any of the fights the UFC offers you is a different matter. Unless Hall has a different contract, it means he's been refusing to fight whomever is offered to him. He's already pulled out of the Lamas and Ige fights, so that's 2 fights right there. Burns was calling him out and he hasn't fought him so that might be the 3rd fight, which means we're missing 2 fights that Hall refused since 2019 and potentially another 2 this year.

That is interesting context, redblue, thanks. Given that we've heard so much about Hall not being able to get fights, do you you think then that it's more that Hall is being too picky about the fights he's offered? (Here I'm stipulating for the sake of fairness to Hall that the fights he pulled out of were because of legitimate injuries and not because he was ducking Lamas or Ice.)

That is interesting context, redblue, thanks. Given that we've heard so much about Hall not being able to get fights, do you you think then that it's more that Hall is being too picky about the fights he's offered? (Here I'm stipulating for the sake of fairness to Hall that the fights he pulled out of were because of legitimate injuries and not because he was ducking Lamas or Ice.)

Honestly, I'd wager he is very picky with his fights. He's already said in a couple of interviews that he's not interested in fighting bums and wasting his time. Taking into consideration that he was a ranked fighter at FW for almost 2 years after he beat Elkins and it's not out of the realm of possibilities that he was refusing to fight any unranked fighters during that time period.

his other hand was broken? His legs were broken? His one broken hand explains zero offensive wrestling? Spit that dick out. He’s not the first fighter to break his hand in competition.
He's never been confident in his offensive wrestling, hence the kick, flop and rolling for heel hooks.
The ironic thing is, his takedown are probably on the higher end of the division purely the amount of grappling he does. If he at least attempted some takedown it would change his game. It's weird

He's never been confident in his offensive wrestling, hence the kick, flop and rolling for heel hooks.
The ironic thing is, his takedown are probably on the higher end of the division purely the amount of grappling he does. If he at least attempted some takedown it would change his game. It's weird

That’s my point. I know he’s legit but that performance was a huge WTF.

People when Hall was winning:eek:mg this is so cool his style is so unique

People when he loses a SINGLE fight against an undefeated prospect: lol this style is stupid and he's a clown what an idiot

Typical sherdoggers

I’m a huge fan. I always said guys need to stop being so chicken shit and follow him to the ground and beat him up A la Alan belcher Rousimar Palhares. Topuria did exactly that and I give him the credit he deserves.

Topuria didn't 'follow' Ryan Hall to the ground and fought Hall like other fighters. He pretty much tried to keep it on the feet the whole fight, and try to punch Hall in the few opportunities he presented. Hall made a mistake by trying to pull Topuria down which exposed him for too long.

Belcher got taken down by a double by Palhares and managed to reverse.

What exactly is this supposed to prove? That he got beat? Thanks for the newsflash genius.
ImprobableOccasionalBordercollie-size_restricted.gif

Firas should've had him drill takedowns or clinches 24/7, maybe weird unorthodox ones or something. He won't catch legit guys in their prime just by rolling around, but Rogan loves that because Hall's a BJJ hero. A fighting style that would only work in a bouncy castle lol.

I thought of that too. Firas should have known that that inverted rolling shit was not going to work against a Georgian.
On the other hand, I think that this is all Hall can do. He is very unathletic (for UFC caliber) and I doubt that he can bang and wrestle his way to victory. In other words, Hall's style optimises his limited possibilities.

I don’t understand the hate for the dude. Is he not alpha enough for the common Sher-bro?

It is usually a fighter's following that makes non-followers hate on him as soon they can.
Personally I think Hall maximises his very limited attributes in MMA by having that weird style and I can respect that. It's his followers that hype him for something he isn't.

Ryan Hall was indeed very hyped and this fight was absolutely laughable - these two things don't go well together. Hence the hate.

Are you mad he beat Lobov for TUF? At least he won fights..

It is usually a fighter's following that makes non-followers hate on him as soon they can.
Personally I think Hall maximises his very limited attributes in MMA by having that weird style and I can respect that. It's his followers that hype him for something he isn't.

Ryan Hall was indeed very hyped and this fight was absolutely laughable - these two things don't go well together. Hence the hate.
His nonlinear approach and his cavalier attitude about it all, made him an antihero, for myself. But there are always people that ruin a good thing..

Didn't know Hall was ever a myth. Just 'cause he kept saying no one was accepting fights with him? Pfffttt

Topuria didn't 'follow' Ryan Hall to the ground and fought Hall like other fighters. He pretty much tried to keep it on the feet the whole fight, and try to punch Hall in the few opportunities he presented. Hall made a mistake by trying to pull Topuria down which exposed him for too long.

Belcher got taken down by a double by Palhares and managed to reverse.
The fuck are you talking about? Topuria jumped on him during that last failed imanari. Nobody else wanted to do that.
Belcher, he chose to stay on the ground and whoop his ass unlike everybody else who avoided the ground with Palhares. My point is valid.

His nonlinear approach and his cavalier attitude about it all, made him an antihero, for myself. But there are always people that ruin a good thing..
nonlinear approach, you mean the weird rolling shit he does?
Ok I didn't really follow him so IDK about cavalier attitude. I thought his signature was precisely that he was super modest / unassuming? I find that he is well behaved at weigh ins / octagon and find it hard to hate on the guy. But as usual it's the fanboys that ruin it all.
...wait are we sort of saying the same thing?

nonlinear approach, you mean the weird rolling shit he does?
Ok I didn't really follow him so IDK about cavalier attitude. I thought his signature was precisely that he was super modest / unassuming? I find that he is well behaved at weigh ins / octagon and find it hard to hate on the guy. But as usual it's the fanboys that ruin it all.
...wait are we sort of saying the same thing?
We are saying precisely the same thing! Hah!

Myth. He was deluded to think he deserved a top ten opponent while not being ranked himself. Why should a top10 fighter fight an unranked guy? He beat old drunk bj Penn that's it.
He was ranked in the lower 15 when he was booked to fight Dan Ige. Then he tore his pectoral muscle and had to withdraw.

He was literally ranked the entire time he was asking for top 10 opponents.

He lost his ranking due to inactivity but accepted a very tough fight against an unranked, undefeated Ilia Topuria who is a bad style matchup for him.

What's the issue?

He was ranked in the lower 15 when he was booked to fight Dan Ige. Then he tore his pectoral muscle and had to withdraw.

He was literally ranked the entire time he was asking for top 10 opponents.

He lost his ranking due to inactivity but accepted a very tough fight against an unranked, undefeated Ilia Topuria who is a bad style matchup for him.

What's the issue?
As I told @RampageFaction , I was mistaken and thought he was still unranked at the time. so ignore what I said about him. I thought he was asking for ranked fights that as an unranked fighter.

Back