First Concert?

steve38

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Watching some old U2 videos and strolling down memory lane today....1987 Joshua Tree tour in Houston was my first one. How about you? Can't find vid, so this will suffice...

Rancid out comes the wolves tour ... 96ish i think it was

Tricked my parents into letting me go to the Family Values Tour in 1998 with my friend and his older brother. Korn, Limp Bizkit, Orgy, Ice Cube, Rammstein, and my 12 year old dumb ass going nuts. I just remember seeing a lot of tits and belting out every word to Nookie. It was good times.

Tricked my parents into letting me go to the Family Values Tour in 1998 with my friend and his older brother. Korn, Limp Bizkit, Orgy, Ice Cube, Rammstein, and my 12 year old dumb ass going nuts. I just remember seeing a lot of tits and belting out every word to Nookie. It was good times.
Better than staying home and having a cookie...right? lol great story

Saw these guys in Melbourne when I was 12 my parents thought it would be good for me as we were moving to the NT

Cannibal Corpse in 1994.

My friends mom took us. :D

img2617.jpg

The first concert I went by myself I took the bus to watch a show at a small venue to see Gorguts, Marduk, and Deicide ?1?

Watching some old U2 videos and strolling down memory lane today....1987 Joshua Tree tour in Houston was my first one. How about you? Can't find vid, so this will suffice...

Wolfgang, Rizal Underground, Put3ska & Indio-I 1 night concert in my high school back in 1995. Ask your wife she knows those bands.

Wolfgang, Rizal Underground, Put3ska & Indio-I 1 night concert in my high school back in 1995. Ask your wife she knows those bands.
She wandered into my man cave and I asked her....no. But were those bands really popular with 8 year old children in 1995? :D

Me ma took me to a Status Quo concert when I was 13.

Then I ramped up the cool factor, and went to see Dog Eat Dog with my chums when I was 15, starting a year or two of consistent gig-going.

Later that year I had a perfect three days in which I saw Death on the Wednesday, Morbid Angel on the Thursday, and Primus on the Friday. Fun times.

Slayer Reign In Pain European tour at the Edinburgh Playhouse way back in 87 when I was 14 yo. Still got the ticket stub and it was a mere 5 quid.

My first live gig was a festival. I live down the road from Reading so it's a right of passage for young people in this area. I think Red Hot Chilli Peppers were the headliner.

Damn, you guys had much cooler parents than I did... Great stories!

My first live gig was a festival. I live down the road from Reading so it's a right of passage for young people in this area. I think Red Hot Chilli Peppers were the headliner.
They usually are, to be fair ...

I was a die hard Kiss fan when I was young and a member of the Kiss Army Fan Club. I wanted to go see them but my Mom wouldn't let me go because I was too young (12). I kept begging and finally my Aunt came through and took me. I never heard of the opening act at the time, but it was AC/DC who went on to be big. I remember lots of people smoking weed and passing joints around.

Rush was my first concert. Saw them 3 times total

my first live show experience was at the Whiskey, my eldest brother had this buddy that we knew through working at a summer camp named john dolmayan. we went to see his shitty band, if i remember correctly, called friik, and stuck around a little for some shitty band called system of a down.

had to be like me, my brother, and a couple of the bands members girlfriends in the audience for like half the set till some other friends showed up. 30-40 for system. the whiskey is tiny.

but we stay because john has to stay and play with system cause their regular drummer broke his arm. haha, that poor unlucky bastard. worked out pretty well for john though and my brother was too intimidated to keep in touch with him after a couple years.

Back