Social First Nation's protests in Canada paralyze national rail lines

I dont blame them for being pissed.....they dont want another environmentally damaging pipeline put thru their land, the people of BC dont want this put in.....so who the hell is anyone else to tell them that they have to??? oil and gas were shipped just fine to the coast using regular means before....

who benefits from this pipeline, the people of BC? no....the people of Canada? no......big oil business benefits and a few select assholes they are paying off.....so fuck putting in another pipeline....we should be removing gas as a major fuel from our society anyway...not expanding on it....its pure idiocy and these foreign companies should not be extracting OUR resources at no real benefit to us....

they are making a stand and people going around saying retarded stuff like "durrr durrrr they just want more money!" have absolutely no clue and are in fact....part of the problem

It's a gas pipeline and the people do want it in the ground. Many of the chiefs want it in the ground.

Shipping by truck creates more pollution and also has its problems.
The truck and trailer were fully destroyed by the fire.

Oil has been observed on the bridge and a sheen was found on the river below the crash site.

Emergency Management B.C. says the truck was carrying 40,000 litres of oil, but most of it is believed to have burned in the fire.
https://globalnews.ca/news/6178944/tanker-truck-rollover-dawson-creek-bc/

So anyone that wants to make a decent living in the oil and gas industry is an asshole? Many natives in Alberta are working in the oil and gas industry.

There's nothing to replace these jobs and we're increasing immigration to 400,000k a year. Canada needs to sell its resources since our economic system won't be changing anytime soon.

The Natives won't be getting money for improvements in their society because the Liberals need to buy back guns which will cost billions. Also they need to spend more billions to fight the gangs

The Natives keep smuggling in guns and selling them on the streets.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...t-with-60-handguns-smuggled-from-florida.html

The discovery of 60 handguns buried in bedding in the trunk of Harris Poyser’s rented vehicle on May 23, 2018, outside a home in Cornwall, on the U.S. border in eastern Ontario, was billed as the largest single seizure of illegal firearms in the history of the Toronto Police Service.

What's near Cornwall on the US Canada border?

Last edited:
So we can post racist slurs here as long as its about Indigenous people?
well, considering that i'm part cherokee (one of the five civilized tribes), i think that you'd look at the meaning of my post as opposed to you perception of slurs or tropes.

the poster i was responding to was implying that all the rape/murder of first nation people was a result of first nation people which is demonstrably not correct. you're like a fucking wet blanket that i have to explain shit too

well, considering that i'm part cherokee (one of the five civilized tribes), i think that you'd look at the meaning of my post as opposed to you perception of slurs or tropes.

the poster i was responding to was implying that all the rape/murder of first nation people was a result of first nation people which is demonstrably not correct. you're like a fucking wet blanket that i have to explain shit too

What part?

The word you used is extremely derogatory.

It's a gas pipeline and the people do want it in the ground. Many of the chiefs want it in the ground.

Shipping by truck creates more pollution and also has its problems.
The truck and trailer were fully destroyed by the fire.

Oil has been observed on the bridge and a sheen was found on the river below the crash site.

Emergency Management B.C. says the truck was carrying 40,000 litres of oil, but most of it is believed to have burned in the fire.
https://globalnews.ca/news/6178944/tanker-truck-rollover-dawson-creek-bc/

So anyone that wants to make a decent living in the oil and gas industry is an asshole? Many natives in Alberta are working in the oil and gas industry.

There's nothing to replace these jobs and we're increasing immigration to 400,000k a year. Canada needs to sell its resources since our economic system won't be changing anytime soon.

The Natives won't be getting money for improvements in their society because the Liberals need to buy back guns which will cost billions. Also they need to spend more billions to fight the gangs

The Natives keep smuggling in guns and selling them on the streets.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...t-with-60-handguns-smuggled-from-florida.html

The discovery of 60 handguns buried in bedding in the trunk of Harris Poyser’s rented vehicle on May 23, 2018, outside a home in Cornwall, on the U.S. border in eastern Ontario, was billed as the largest single seizure of illegal firearms in the history of the Toronto Police Service.

What's near Cornwall on the US Canada border?
of course theres problems and pollution revolving around everything to do with gas/oil production/extraction.....which is exactly why we should not be expanding on it....its not some genius revelation that you dont solve a problem by increasing that problem....

of course there should be and would be and will be new work/employment solutions thought up brought up and created...thats the nature of technology....it works to rid us of mundane tasks and frees us up to do other things....there will always be new projects and new things to move into .....including replacing the waaaaay past due non-renewable energy sources that we have been screwing up ((our country)) our world for....

the insane immigration plan being implemented around the world is a whole other issue that goes well beyond whats just happening in Canada....

we should be selling our resources, I agree 100%, we should also be seeing A lot more return on those resources sold than we do....our resources sold to population to price of essential services((gas, electric etc)) to the price we pay for use of our own resources....to the taxes they claim to still need to take because they dont make enough from selling our resources for next to nothing........................doesnt add up......

BC didnt want it, the natives in BC didnt want it ((i dont care if their paid off chiefs said otherwise...you only have to look at what started this whole thing to see that they as a people did not want it)) alberta wanted it because their politicians are paid off by the oil/gas companies to want it ......

it goes without saying that people at a labourer level want new labour jobs.....that doesnt mean we have to create them in a toxic out of date technology as opposed to the opposite of that which would be creating those same jobs within a non toxic renewable energy field....

and most of all....if BC doesnt want to build something in BC, then Alberta and the rest of the country should F off about it, end of story....

of course theres problems and pollution revolving around everything to do with gas/oil production/extraction.....which is exactly why we should not be expanding on it....its not some genius revelation that you dont solve a problem by increasing that problem....

of course there should be and would be and will be new work/employment solutions thought up brought up and created...thats the nature of technology....it works to rid us of mundane tasks and frees us up to do other things....there will always be new projects and new things to move into .....including replacing the waaaaay past due non-renewable energy sources that we have been screwing up ((our country)) our world for....

the insane immigration plan being implemented around the world is a whole other issue that goes well beyond whats just happening in Canada....

we should be selling our resources, I agree 100%, we should also be seeing A lot more return on those resources sold than we do....our resources sold to population to price of essential services((gas, electric etc)) to the price we pay for use of our own resources....to the taxes they claim to still need to take because they dont make enough from selling our resources for next to nothing........................doesnt add up......

BC didnt want it, the natives in BC didnt want it ((i dont care if their paid off chiefs said otherwise...you only have to look at what started this whole thing to see that they as a people did not want it)) alberta wanted it because their politicians are paid off by the oil/gas companies to want it ......

it goes without saying that people at a labourer level want new labour jobs.....that doesnt mean we have to create them in a toxic out of date technology as opposed to the opposite of that which would be creating those same jobs within a non toxic renewable energy field....

and most of all....if BC doesnt want to build something in BC, then Alberta and the rest of the country should F off about it, end of story....
Wrong. Don't confuse a vocal minority with the majority.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/many-of-canadas-native-people-support-gas-pipeline-11582842137

I was stuck on the train for 3.5 hours due to the protest. It’s funny watching different cultures reactions.

1. White Guy Beside me - You know. It’s their land. But this is a bit much.

2. Punjabi Guy beside me - JUST SEND THE TRAIN DOWN THE TRACK AND SQUASH THE BLOODY BUGGERS !!!!!

I was stuck on the train for 3.5 hours due to the protest. It’s funny watching different cultures reactions.

1. White Guy Beside me - You know. It’s their land. But this is a bit much.

2. Punjabi Guy beside me - JUST SEND THE TRAIN DOWN THE TRACK AND SQUASH THE BLOODY BUGGERS !!!!!
Their land?

We'll never get past this as long as there's an us and them.

Their land?

We'll never get past this as long as there's an us and them.
it's unceded territory. The hereditary chiefs said no. they gave an alternate route which would have been completed and built and saved billions in trouble.

Municipality has right to refuse development just like bismark refused the pipeline and it was pushed through reserve in Dakota.

Wind turbine farm in Ontario that was half built is gonna be torn down because they didn't get proper approval.

Get approval before you start.

Last edited:
it's unceded territory. The hereditary chiefs said no. they gave an alternate route which would have been completed and built and saved billions in trouble.

Municipality has right to refuse development just like bismark refused the pipeline and it was pushed through reserve in Dakota.

Wind turbine farm in Ontario that was half built is gonna be torn down because they didn't get proper approval.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this pipeline approved by the relevant tribes and their governing bodies - as in, the people who actually make these types of decisions? And then a group that has no governing power as recognized by the government of Canada, a group of what essentially amounts to the lineage of the king/queen equivalent from these groups, disagreed with it? And in that case, not even all of them? So, didn't the pipeline actually have approval from the people who make the decisions, and then a bunch (and not a majority either) of citizens with no recognized power say "No, you need to build the pipeline here instead."? Did they make sure to get Harry and Megan's approval too while they were at it, as I understand they're now living somewhere in BC?

This is how I've come to understand this through the fragmented news articles from the various sides of this issues. I could well be wrong. If you know more than I do, please fill in what I'm not understanding.

Approval from whom? The elected chiefs? They signed off, then the hereditary chiefs decided once it was all said and done that they were against it. Where was their dissent during the negotiations? If the elected chiefs didn’t have the authority to make the deal, why didn’t anyone from the bands mention that key fact before signing an agreement? And where are the elected chiefs now? Why are they not speaking up? Has their authority not been violated?

This is a shit show, and in large part it’s due to intra tribal politics. If First Nations want to have a meaningful seat at the table, they need to get their shit together (like many First Nations actually have).

Dude, there were hundreds of armed Mohawk at Oka at points. Oka was legitimately a situation which required careful handling to avoid a bloodbath.

You may not care but I don't really want the kind of slaughter that may trigger a low key insurgency access Canada.

Gotta love the Mohawks. Their "ancestral land" was given to them by the Jesuits, I.e. they are not even from the Saint Laurent valley originally.

Gotta love how they now side with some nation that they have likely never heard of when actual history saw them wiping out other nations from the map and siding with the English against pretty much all First Nations and the French when it actually mattered.

Bunch of fat bums who prefer to larp as victims instead of reading about actual history.

Hit 'em where it hurts. "We will deduct $100k/day from payments to you while barricades are up."

Approval from whom? The elected chiefs? They signed off, then the hereditary chiefs decided once it was all said and done that they were against it. Where was their dissent during the negotiations? If the elected chiefs didn’t have the authority to make the deal, why didn’t anyone from the bands mention that key fact before signing an agreement? And where are the elected chiefs now? Why are they not speaking up? Has their authority not been violated?

This is a shit show, and in large part it’s due to intra tribal politics. If First Nations want to have a meaningful seat at the table, they need to get their shit together (like many First Nations actually have).
Oh yeah totally just need to get their shit together. That's the problem and you nailed the solution right on the head.

Union of Ontario is trying to pass a massive vote with all the reserves that will unify the UOI and Chief and Council. This will allow them to get a lot more money from the Government and take a way a LOT of rights for Native people as a whole. It will give the governements a lot of power. They need a vote of 25% + 1 to pass.
The masses on reserve do not want that. THe Government trust money from the Crown is blood money and should not be taken. They need to reclaim all crown land and emancipate themselves from the government and be self sufficient on their own resources.

The UOI is trying to abolish the constitutional charter section 25 and 35 that gives Natives freedom to grow cannabis for sale, consumption or trade.

It's all as clear as mud.

They need to reclaim all crown land and emancipate themselves from the government and be self sufficient on their own resources.
They need to reclaim all crown land? Better reclaim it all now because the Chinese, Indians, Muslims and Africans don't give a shit about them or their claims.

The Liberal party of Canada is crippling the Canadian economy and their woke rhetoric permanently divided the nation. All it took was 4 years to bring Canada to its knees.

That wasn’t Bismarck, our state capital isn’t an Indian reservation.
That was the Standing Rock Reservation.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...ork-grain-farmers/ar-BB10zdNX?ocid=spartanntp

‘Close to a breaking point’: Rail blockades hit struggling Alberta pork, grain farmers

“Our producers are very hardy and very ingenious so they are making every effort possible to withstand the situation (but) they are very close to a breaking point,” said Charlotte Shipp, industry programs manager with Alberta Pork. “It is very stressful for our farmers right now to not be able to get these inputs into their farm in a timely fashion.”

For the past few weeks, protesters have erected barricades across rail lines in opposition to the Coastal GasLink project in British Columbia, causing disruptions to both grain and meat productions.

So-li-darity! *raises fist* *mouth click noise* "Fight the white man!"

I’m part
That wasn’t Bismarck, our state capital isn’t an Indian reservation.
That was the Standing Rock Reservation.
wasnt the pipeline supposed to go through Bismarck and they declined it and the oil company respectfully honored their wishes and forced it through the reserve standing rock?

I actually don’t know much American stuff

Hit 'em where it hurts. "We will deduct $100k/day from payments to you while barricades are up."

"Look, get out of the way, or we're taking away your tax exempt status."

OGC.3cbe0ffc3372cd6a390c5f1680160e35

Back