JOKER v. 2 (NYPD Vows to Deploy More Officers This Weekend; First Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually liked the Ledger casting because usually the Joker was portrayed as being some 10-20 years older than Batman, I felt having him being around the same age was a nice change of pace.

Also liked the punk rock influences on his design.

joker.jpg

It looks interesting but at the same time im finding it very strange that there is no Batman. But that's just me.

This is in intriguing becuase while a great actor , Phoenix's version of the Joker looks way too weak to be a threat to Batman , at least the DCEU versions anyways.
No version of the joker was ever threatening to Batman. Physically, of course. Its the madness that creates adversity.

Leto 's Joker look like a pimp.
Fun thing is that despite all shit he got, Leto's Joker for many things was the one that got closest to the original character

Too bad for the whole modern/punk/whetever aesthetic the movie had, i remember a short few seconds clip of Joker and Harley Quinn dressed in very classic way and it looked perfect

Fun thing is that despite all shit he got, Leto's Joker for many things was the one that got closest to the original character

Too bad for the whole modern/punk/whetever aesthetic the movie had, i remember a short few seconds clip of Joker and Harley Quinn dressed in very classic way and it looked perfect
I liked the way this Joker was portrayed myself.<[analyzed}>{<redford}

How many origin stories does the Joker have in the comics? I only remember the one from "The Killing Joke", which I also think is in the animated series (that I am not 100%). That is a great back story.

Now he is bathing his mom and whatnot? Maybe that happened in the comics tho, so maybe it is part of a good story as well.

Saw the long preview in theaters when I took my kid to see Spider-Man

It looks like total hot fucking garbage in the long preview.

I was on the fence after the teaser, after this, out like a mofo.

Saw the long preview in theaters when I took my kid to see Spider-Man

It looks like total hot fucking garbage in the long preview.

I was on the fence after the teaser, after this, out like a mofo.

Cool one bro

Let me look and see how many people give a shit if you see this or not

I don't know if this is official but it's officially awesome.
f0CeCIg.png

Phoenix, who turned down playing both Hulk (to replace Edward Norton) and Doctor Strange for Marvel, tells Total Film:
7ogPniNnHMNRgnxTdsx4CE-650-80.jpg

“It took me a while [to commit]. Now, when I look back, I don’t understand why… There was a lot of fear, yeah. But I always say there’s motivating fear and debilitating fear. There’s the fear where you cannot make a fucking step, and there’s the kind where it’s like, ‘OK, what do we do? That’s not good enough.’ And you’re digging deeper and deeper. I love that kind of fear. It guides us, makes us work harder.”

For director Todd Phillips, there was only one person who could have played this version of the Joker. "We wrote this script for Joaquin. It’s true," he says. "Joaquin knows it. Half the reason we wanted to even attempt writing it was, ‘Man, imagine if we get Joaquin. Think of what we could do.’ The goal was never to introduce Joaquin Phoenix into the comic book movie universe. The goal was to introduce comic book movies into the Joaquin Phoenix universe.”

So it has nothing to do with the comic at all. They are just using it to hope some DC fans see it. Director confirmed that it is using nothing at all from the comic aside the city and place names. Might as well make a different movie

Confirmed as R Rated.

The're not going to sugar coat any part of this movie because it's raw and could very possibly be true in some twisted kind of way if it was not a movie. Much like Christopher Nolan first Batman movie it took a character in a direction that had a touch of reality to it. Even Nolan said if he could not reproduce it with practical effects it was not going to be in the film. CGI was the last thing on Christopher's mind in the first film later films he seemed to go through the motions without putting his heart into it.

Phoenix, who turned down playing both Hulk (to replace Edward Norton) and Doctor Strange for Marvel, tells Total Film:
7ogPniNnHMNRgnxTdsx4CE-650-80.jpg

“It took me a while [to commit]. Now, when I look back, I don’t understand why… There was a lot of fear, yeah. But I always say there’s motivating fear and debilitating fear. There’s the fear where you cannot make a fucking step, and there’s the kind where it’s like, ‘OK, what do we do? That’s not good enough.’ And you’re digging deeper and deeper. I love that kind of fear. It guides us, makes us work harder.”

For director Todd Phillips, there was only one person who could have played this version of the Joker. "We wrote this script for Joaquin. It’s true," he says. "Joaquin knows it. Half the reason we wanted to even attempt writing it was, ‘Man, imagine if we get Joaquin. Think of what we could do.’ The goal was never to introduce Joaquin Phoenix into the comic book movie universe. The goal was to introduce comic book movies into the Joaquin Phoenix universe.”
Well there it is.

You might as well give him all the revenue and allow him to divy up what he wants to profit share with the studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back