JOKER v. 2 (NYPD Vows to Deploy More Officers This Weekend; First Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not better than Anthony Hopkins.
As Odin? Fuck yeah he is. It's a difficult comparison because while people regard MCU films as the superior comic book film, it's evident this JOKER has a very different quality to it. The MCU doesn't require much emoting nor nuance, nor depth of charisma. It's most suit-acting, and honestly it rarely ever maintains a cinematic feel, despite supreme visuals.

As Odin? Fuck yeah he is. It's a difficult comparison because while people regard MCU films as the superior comic book film, it's evident this JOKER has a very different quality to it. The MCU doesn't require much emoting nor nuance, nor depth of charisma. It's most suit-acting, and honestly it rarely ever maintains a cinematic feel, despite supreme visuals.
Did you read the post I quoted?

I'm not sure why you're talking about one particular role.

I would say the opposite, the MCU is very heavily focused on charisma, there are some scenes within it that aim for stronger and sometimes more subtle drama but a lot of the appeal of those films is that the actors personas and the characters mix.

You could say I spose that Pheniox is known for intense and damaged characters but still the performance here is clearly much more method acting looking to create a unique characterisation, it looks like a larger than life version of Taxi Driver more than it does your typical superhero film.

These trailers gave far too much of the movie away.

FLWC-18.jpg

I would say the opposite, the MCU is very heavily focused on charisma, there are some scenes within it that aim for stronger and sometimes more subtle drama but a lot of the appeal of those films is that the actors personas and the characters mix.

You could say I spose that Pheniox is known for intense and damaged characters but still the performance here is clearly much more method acting looking to create a unique characterisation, it looks like a larger than life version of Taxi Driver more than it does your typical superhero film.
Confusing, but I'm getting the impression that your first sentence has very little to do with your second sentence....

When you say it's more TAXI DRIVER than the typical superhero film -- does that not count as more actory-acting? I mean, where are you dividing your point between method acting and charisma, as described regarding the MCU?

Are you saying MCU has moved beyond typical superhero film? Since it seems we're smack dab in the middle of MCU = The Standard, are you drawing your "typical" range from pre-MCU days?

Last edited:
If they intend to turn Joker into an antihero fighting da power, they can go jump in a lake.

Also, he wasn't bothering your kid, you fat ugly bitch. The kid was enjoying the show until you mouthed off.

If they intend to turn Joker into an antihero fighting da power, they can go jump in a lake.
They aren't. They are showing the demise of a mentally ill individual that is essentially a ticking time bomb. Don't expect this film to have a happy ending.

It's going to be a great performance.

this looks fucking great.

look, Marvel has had some great actors, but not in any roles I'd say are great or something I'd hold up too as being a real work of art. Hopkins as Hannibal - yeah, as Odin? k, i forgot that existed until you said other wise.

There are those of us that do not like marvel movies or your typical block buster/popcorn flick and this looks up my ally.

Im down for their being different origins of differnet characters and showing them on the screen, its no different to me than all the different Joker origin comic books, or various twists and turns on characters. Spider Man's been changed what, three times on the screen and people still pump money into those films and dont have a real issue with them changing everything.

Anyways, deff get more of a sorcosey type feel, and Gotham looks and feels pretty bad ass.

This is obviously going to be more of a character study than a comic book flick

That Final Trailer looked amazing, great editing. but sometimes Trailers can be misleading and look better than the actual movie. Lets hope this is good ill check it out. Its basically a kings of comedy rehash with a dark twist, good to see Deniro in it as the jerry lewis role, and Joaquin as the rupert pupkin type role played by Deniro.

this looks fucking great.

look, Marvel has had some great actors, but not in any roles I'd say are great or something I'd hold up too as being a real work of art. Hopkins as Hannibal - yeah, as Odin? k, i forgot that existed until you said other wise.

There are those of us that do not like marvel movies or your typical block buster/popcorn flick and this looks up my ally.

Im down for their being different origins of differnet characters and showing them on the screen, its no different to me than all the different Joker origin comic books, or various twists and turns on characters. Spider Man's been changed what, three times on the screen and people still pump money into those films and dont have a real issue with them changing everything.

Anyways, deff get more of a sorcosey type feel, and Gotham looks and feels pretty bad ass.

This is obviously going to be more of a character study than a comic book flick
Maya-This.gif

Stormbringer-Thor.gif

Also? Every lady throughout the history of cinema.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back