Floyd Mayweather or Sugar Ray Leonard, who was more talented?

Traditionalists? The pull counter was practiced before Floyd was even born.
I recommend you watch jones vs Ali. Commentator is ragging Ali for pulling back from punches. It was hated in the old days.

I recommend you watch jones vs Ali. Commentator is ragging Ali for pulling back from punches. It was hated in the old days.

This is something different than the pull counter.

What you describe is still hated TILL THIS DAY..

Last edited:
He won a MW belt at age, what, 37 when his most destructive work was at LW. Duran is special. Dominant in the 70's, uneven in the 80's. When he came to play, you had to earn every second of the fight.
Yeah he did come back strong, you're right...

But in the biggest moment of his career, probably his entire life actually when you think of it, he let himself down in my opinion

The announcers back then barely knew what a jab was....

They don't have a pulse on anything. Don't be influenced by that dumb shit....you're smarter than that

Tossup. Two of the lost gifted ever.

Last edited:
Duran, Leonard, Hagler & Hearns all would have been absolute nightmare matchups for Floyd. Hell, even when he fought Oscar I was thinking a prime Oscar would have decisioned him

They don't have a pulse on anything. Don't be influenced by that dumb shit....you're smarter than that[/QUOT

They don't have a pulse on anything. Don't be influenced by that dumb shit....you're smarter than that
sorry, I have to disagree on that one. Old fashioned radio commentators were great. I actually find modern commentators annoying due to horribly biased opinions.

Duran, Leonard, Hagler & Hearns all would have been absolute nightmare matchups for Floyd. Hell, even when he fought Oscar I was thinking a prime Oscar would have decisioned him

Hagler was to big Hearns fight would turn out like Dieago Corrales fight and Leonard Floyd fight would've been like Floyd vs Shane fight with Ray giving Floyd problems early then Floyd adjusting.

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Diego Corrales FULL FIGHT

That's my opinion and picks.

Hearns always had stamina problems and Floyd never ever had any stamina problems and even in the Hagler fight Hearns gassed early.

Marvin Hagler Vs Thomas Hearns: "The War" 1985 (Full Fight)

Hearns also gassed vs Ray late thus got knocked out.

Strong fast jabs bothered Ray Hearns come to mind and Leonard had trouble on the inside and Floyd was a master of both inside and outside boxing game and a better counter puncher.

Ray because he had the elusive x factor. Panache in war, its a very rare thing. Floyd sticks to a plan, Ray had the confidence to do the extraordinary. For me its not simply to outpoint an opponent but to leave no doubt. And imagine Floyd challenging GGG, ouch! Ray's wins are etched in our brains, not only because of who he beat but how he beat them or even having the audacity to try. Floyd's, not so much.

I think Duran and Hagler are both guys Floyd would beat. Duran didn't beat guys like Floyd.

Ray because he had the elusive x factor. Panache in war, its a very rare thing. Floyd sticks to a plan, Ray had the confidence to do the extraordinary. For me its not simply to outpoint an opponent but to leave no doubt. And imagine Floyd challenging GGG, ouch! Ray's wins are etched in our brains, not only because of who he beat but how he beat them or even having the audacity to try. Floyd's, not so much.
Floyd moved up as many classes as Ray did and fought a guy who beat Golovkin.

Nobody thinks Rocky is the best ever HW or Calzaghe best ever SMW.
Thats not what I meant. Folklore is just that. Folklore. Ray got beat. Duran got beat. They weren't unbeatable fighters.

Thats not what I meant. Folklore is just that. Folklore. Ray got beat. Duran got beat. They weren't unbeatable fighters.
The fights themselves. The KO against the tide vs Tommy, the versatility to befuddle Duran, the audacity to fight Hagler. Even casuals know.

Are you arguing that Floyd's best wins are as good as Leonard's best wins? I don't think anyone would agree with you.

Are you arguing that Floyd's best wins are as good as Leonard's best wins? I don't think anyone would agree with you.
Yeah, thats exactly what I said there, clearly.

<LikeReally5>

Back