For those that have been TKO’d like this, whats it feel like?

I mean, it depends who's the ref. If Kevin MacDonald is the ref u feel just the same as normal.

Pretty close to a "not too good" anesthesia procedure when you wake up from surgery confused as heck. You also try to get up too fast and that is where a lot of the problems usually manifest themselves from getting off the canvas too soon. Both experiences you don't remember the part where you went to sleep.

I was rough housing with my brother when I was thirteen and ended up tripping and knocking myself out on my bed post. I woke up fine and all, but the rest of the day was weird. For some reason, my perception of time was all fucked up. At one point I spent what i thought was a half hour surfing the internet, only to discover that I’d been online for almost four hours.

I’ve gone out in BJJ, which is not what you’re asking, but some might find it interesting. It’s scary, especially when you’re half-way there. Feels like you’re dying, which you kinda are, in a sense.

Been TKO'd like that in a Shoney's parking lot.

I’ve done a ton of nitrous whippets and all these descriptions sound about like that. The world closes in, then nothingness. Then what the fuck just happened?!

been under general anesthesia 8 times and every time waking up is so weird. No idea how you got to where you are, like a dimensional shift.

Never got rocked in my 38 fights. 1 ko from a dump tackle in rugby where I got a severe concussion, feels like being drunk and having a severe headache. Got stunned in a rock climbing fall, your mind just goes blank and you are incapable of thinking anything.

It sucks but in my in my opinion not as bad as getting beat up and there's not enough power to get KOd. I think Jen's Pulver mentioned that after fighting Stephen Palling. Basically said he wished the guy would just KO him because he was hurting him just enough that it really sucked but not enough to put him out.

I’ve had that happen a couple times. Once when I was boxing my college roommate for fun (but was drinking Everclear at the time) so I couldn’t see any punches coming. I probably got hit 200 times over 3 rounds. Although he had 30 lbs on me he didn’t hit hard enough to put me away.

So to answer the thread, your legs kinda freeze up each time you get hit. Your vision can go blank for a split second. Seeing double can happen too. It’s a shitty situation because there is awareness that you are getting whooped.

Depending on how you get clipped it can feel like someone shut the lights off real quick, the world is spinning like vertigo, or it can feel like you fell asleep sitting up and you wake up scared that something bad happened just in time for it to happen. Basically, it kinda depends where you get hit and how hard.

when it happened to me it felt like i wasnt in control of my body.

You try to move one way but the body goes the other. It’s an out of body experience.

I was knocked out cold in sparring before . For a few seconds it felt blissful but then I got woken up and it was the worst feeling ever.

One of the best movie scenes I've ever seen showing what it's like to get hit hard enough to TKO is in the movie Snatch. Brad Pitt's Pikey boxer takes a shot and to give the audience a good impression of what he is feeling, instead of hitting the mat, he is plunged into dark water and is struggling trying to figure out which way is up. That scene left me just shaking my head as the best metaphor I've seen for it.

You feel like you are moving slower than you are trying to, and your brain is basically arguing with your body as there is a delay in everything. This causes overcompensation of your balance, arms and legs moving farther or shorter than you intend.

One thing that is hard to get across for me to others that it gave the impression of, I couldn't feel the floor correctly from the disconnect in the neural pathways. Or a better way to say it, you go to step and your foot stops faster than you think it should or longer than you think it should. Distance judging is out the window. When Kevin Lee did his dance, that's what happened to him, I can promise you that.

If you recover before a stoppage, you end up still off for a bit as vision and concentration is narrowed for a while and I remember feeling like my limbs were moving faster than they should have been until the cobwebs were fully cleared.

Lol only peasants with no head movement get ko’d.

The look on Johnny Walker's face was priceless. Like Corey just stole his playstation

Been flash ko'd skateboarding once, basically some little kid got in my way at a skatepark, i was going real fast and to avoid him i ended up smacking the side of my head against a wall, basically fell on the ground, it went black for like 2 seconds with an effect of quickly turning a light switch on and off, i stayed on the ground but i could imagine if i tried to stand up it would be very disorienting as i hadn't fully regained my vision yet nor my balance, so its pretty crazy to think in some fights, guys get flash knocked down like multiple times yet keep on going

Last edited:
If you are hit on the chin, you don´t feel a lot of pain, but you can´t control your legs. And sometimes you can´t control your arms, either.
But I once received during sparring a punch on the left year: that left me completely groggy, I could not recover my balance for hours and it was painful as shit.
The most painful punch, IMO, is the one you receive on the solar plexus, or the liver.
Doing the chicken dance is not painful per se, but it is an awful feeling that you can´t control your legs.
I remember Trevor Berbick being KOed by Tyson: he was trying to get up but his brain was unable to order his muscles to do it. I also remember Michael Moorer being demolished by ONE punch from Foreman. In an interview to ESPN he said that when he eas on the mat he felt that his body was "dead", unable to move.

I have been flash KO before like 2 second when my eye just like a broken television with black and white lines and i couldn’t fully control my body(like my body was frozen). Luckily i could still stand with mind power lol and that is at the end of the round (sparring), i got reckless and paid for it. It was the punch i didnt see that flash KO me, i hurt him on the chin and i thought he was done(and because the round almost end) so i put my hand down, turn away and bom suddenly my eye was like a broken television lmao, i didnt feel anythig during that too like no hurt or anything.
The punh that doesn’t KO you hurt you but the one KO you doesn’t hurt or anything.
P/s: there was also a sound that sound like when a ghost come into your house and heats your electronic items up.

Last edited:
Tony Ferguson is the type of guy to get other guy KO him for a few short seconds, because he really loves the feeling of being KO drunk...{<BJPeen}

Back