Media For those who think Prochazka vs Pereira was stopped early

DOMMA

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
A little long winded but reasonable description of the end of the fight. Start at about 5:20.
Summary: Jiri's hands drop and go limp - hard to see if you only watch live. Yea, I know Jiri said he was out, still seeing a bunch of folks thinking it was an early stoppage.

Additionally Goddard had a great close up view and must've seen Jiri's face and eyes roll back or something that made him stop the fight. Id be interested in his interview on the stoppage.

It was quick, but I'm fine with it because I think he was in a bad spot and it doesn't change the fight. Probably would've gone to war after still though. His leg was fucked and after getting rocked bad he would've been at the losing end. I'm disappointed in the stoppage, but I don't think its rematch territory.

Who cares if he went limp for a split second? Look, Alex won and he won legitimately. I’m not taking anything away from that, but why is everyone trying to deny that the stoppage was quick and anticlimactic?

I think Pereria was likely to put him out completely in that sequence but Jiri was almost immediately attempting to scramble after falling backwards and he had no trouble getting back up to his feet when the fight was stopped.

What’s so wrong about understanding that it was both a legit win for Alex AND a lame stoppage? Let him bounce his head once or twice to make sure. ‍♂️

I hope that is not your YouTube channel, TS, as it looks like another bottom feeder that wants to make me waste 9 min of my life for something he could summarize in 30 s and anyone could see in 10 s.

100% early stoppage.

Whether or not he was flash knocked out, in my mind, is irrelevant. We don't get the benefit of hindsight when making these calls, so you can't base the decision purely on the results, in my mind. If that were the case, no fighter would ever be stopped unless they were visually KO'd because they would never admit it.

When reffing fights, the standard should be in the consistency.

And that's where this fails the test, because we saw all night long Keith Peterson let fights go as if the fighters had fucked his wife. We had some FOTY caliber fights on the prelims that arguably should have been stopped. To end the MAIN EVENT and TITLE FIGHT early after an entire night of just bleed reffing, was clearly out of place comparatively.

I love how that "doctor" is giving diagnostics by watching a youtube video ! Why do MRI's and X-Ray...

I hope that is not your YouTube channel, TS, as it looks like another bottom feeder that wants to make me waste 9 min of my life for something he could summarize in 30 s and anyone could see in 10 s.

Nah, it came up on my feed and I found the dude long-winded. I have about a 60 second attention span, so it might be my issue. He does show that Jiri was out, flash KOed. Sometimes a guy can recover and continue, other times they eat 3-4 unnecessary shots which is dangerous.

Nah, it came up on my feed and I found the dude long-winded. I have about a 60 second attention span, so it might be my issue. He does show that Jiri was out, flash KOed. Sometimes a guy can recover and continue, other times they eat 3-4 unnecessary shots which is dangerous.
I honestly think that was pretty obvious for most people, but it still looks like an early stoppage. If you consider Cruz vs Cejudo or Henderson vs Emelianenko, where the flash KO is much more obvious, people still think they kinda were early stoppages, so, by all accounts, this was an early stoppage. And I don't even see people arguing too much that Jiri could come out of it, but we needed to see a few more shots (even if, ultimately, unnecessary) to get the deal closed properly.

The stoppage was super early, Goddard didn't even wait for Alex to establish a control position on the ground. There's no way to tell if Jiri wasn't simply moving to his back to try to take guard. Goddard intervened there like he had a wager to protect on rd 2 KO (and rd 2 was almost over.) You can see there they both weren't even in control as they fell into this position. Alex wasn't even in control on top yet and Jiri wasn't even taking shots as his head was too far under Alex. IMO Goddard is a shady character.

upload_2023-11-12_7-1-10-png.1011291

Last edited:
The stoppage was super early, Peterson didn't even wait for Alex to establish a control position on the ground. There's no way to tell if Jiri wasn't simply moving to his back to try to take guard. Peterson intervened there like he had a wager to protect on rd 2 KO (and rd 2 was almost over.) You can see there they both weren't even in control as they fell into this position. Alex wasn't even in control on top yet and Jiri wasn't even taking shots as his head was too far under Alex.

upload_2023-11-12_7-1-10-png.1011291

You don't even know who the fuckin ref was, that's not a good sign sir.

People defending the stoppage are literally watching the wrong sport.
How you can defend such an egregiously early stoppage is beyond me - NONE of you watched Borshchev vs Sadykhov on the prelims? NONE of you ever watched Elkins vs Bektic, Kongo vs Barry or whatever?
Not even saying Jiri would've won or anything, but the fight didn't play out. Simple as that. Nobody ever stopped defending or improving position.

I had no favorite in this fight, I didnt care at all who wins - but the stoppage is not defendable. I didn't even read your post or watch the stupid video because it simply isn't.
Jiri is just too much of a class act to complain, but anyone who has watched this sport for a while knows this was early, very early for a title fight.

Back