Former UFC champ Frank Mir will face Antonio Tarver in a boxing match

I don't know if they've announced any other fights to this card yet, but it's shaping up to be a bit of a freakshow with Youtube vs. Askren, and now Mir who never really made a name for himself striking, and a 52 year old.

But that's exactly what makes it so interesting. There are so many unknowns.

i wonder what the odds would be on a parlay on Mir and Askren.

don't @ me, i see a PTV for both.

I think he’s hoping his 10+ year age and size advantage will override his glass chin.
It won't. He's going to get sparked unless Tarver now has MS. There's just no way Frank Mir is going to outbox him absent the bout being a work, IMO.
Literally all but impossible.

I don't know if they've announced any other fights to this card yet, but it's shaping up to be a bit of a freakshow with Youtube vs. Askren, and now Mir who never really made a name for himself striking, and a 52 year old.

But that's exactly what makes it so interesting. There are so many unknowns.
I didn't realize it was on that card. Jesus. Throw Conor/Pac in there.

I might sound like a broken record but someone is going to get hurt bad in one of these bouts and it's boxing that's going to take the wrap with busy-body soccer moms with nothing better to do than cancel some shit they don't like.

I remember a 52 year old Holmes fighting Bean, Bean could still F up most people back then.

If it's an exhibition are they not hitting with full force?

Frank Mir has the upper hand due to activity, Tarver hasn't fought in ages and he is out of shape and bloated, his best weight was 175 pounds, he is a fat 230 now.

This was Tarver in his heavyweight fight I think he weighed 225 pounds and he has the ultimate skinny fat body dude has no muscle all smooth
Tarver-Cunningham-draw.jpg
Crazy how he was considered a big light heavyweight but just wasnt capable of putting on quality mass. Roy jones was a much smaller guy and was able to go up to heavyweight and still be shredded

I remember a 52 year old Holmes fighting Bean, Bean could still F up most people back then.

Holy moly at larry holmes jab even at 52. No wonder they said he had the greatest jab in boxing, fast and accurate it was like a piston

Back