News Former Welterweight champ Tyron Woodley reportedly has parted ways with the UFC

He had four title fights between July 30, 2016 and July 29, 2017, and each time he left with the belt. That's about as good a year as you'll see nowadays, and it's something I'll remember.

Woodley was a very good WW, one of the Top 10 all time imo. He probably needs to retire soon. He can’t compete at a high level anymore.

That or he'll be going to PFL next year or Belloltor.

That or he'll be going to PFL next year or Belloltor.
I thought about that, but honestly I don’t know if he’d compete at the top there either. Maybe he could hang with Benson Henderson at 155, but not the Pitbull Borthers, and 170 is even worse for him, with Douglas Lima, Amosov, Neiman Gracie... rough going in Bellator for him I think.

As much as you dislikes these guys when they are on top these kind of falls are pretty sad.

Hopefully he goes the Bellator, gets some Ws/Money and retire.

Never cared for his fighting style or whiny attitude during his prime. But I kind of feel bad for how his career ended. I tend to warm up to fighters I previously disliked when they finally get humbled, and Woodley is no exception. At least he went out on his shield in the Luque fight. I hope he becomes one of those chill positive vibes retired fighters like Bisping and Rashad.

Last edited:
"After an eight-year stay under the promotion's banner, former welterweight champion, Woodley has parted ways with the UFC."

J2YZRVCQ

"In the midst of a four-fight losing skid, the former undisputed 170-pound best most recently competed professionally at UFC 260 in March, where he suffered an opening-round Brabo choke defeat to Vicente Luque, after an entertaining first-round firefight. The matchup came as the final on Woodley’s promotional deal."

"Speculation began to mount that Woodley’s time with the promotion had come to an end after it emerged that he had been removed from the UFC’s fan’s ranking pool. (H/T Tom Feely). Multiple sources close to FightBook MMA confirmed that Woodley has parted ways with the UFC."

Full story here: https://www.fightbookmma.com/ex-ufc...-tyron-woodley-parts-ways-with-the-promotion/

------
Your thoughts? How will you remember Tyron "T-Wood" Woodley in the UFC?
Go get that jake pau/J'leon Lovel bag, Woodley.

I thought about that, but honestly I don’t know if he’d compete at the top there either. Maybe he could hang with Benson Henderson at 155, but not the Pitbull Borthers, and 170 is even worse for him, with Douglas Lima, Amosov, Neiman Gracie... rough going in Bellator for him I think.
Bellator has better WW division than UFC

He would get killed by Lima, Amosov, Berkhamov, Koreshkov, Daley, Jackson and others

Outwrestled by Joey Davis and Storley

So damn frustrating to watch. He possesses KO power but he was so damn gun shy and then went into an even more defensive style after he became champion. Honestly won't miss him now that he's gone.

Woodley at his peak was one of the best welterweights of all time.

When it goes, it goes fast. He did go out on his shield in that last fight, if anything he needed to know for himself he doesn't have the athletic ability to fight at that level anymore.

Respect, outstanding career. Hope he leaves fighting and moves on to other endeavors.

So damn frustrating to watch. He possesses KO power but he was so damn gun shy and then went into an even more defensive style after he became champion. Honestly won't miss him now that he's gone.

He spectacularly knocked down then generally beat the living shit out of Darren Till in his second title defense.

Some of you have unreasonable expectations.

He was better than GSP according to sherbros not too long ago lol

Now there's no excuse for Tyron not to take over the music world and Hollywood....all that talent ready to explode.

Making out his talent is explosive because he’s black? Racist

was not a huge woodley fan, actually not a fan at all.

but he earned my respect.

good luck to him in the future.

Back