News Former Welterweight champ Tyron Woodley reportedly has parted ways with the UFC

Time to get paid. Uncle Paulie coming through <Lmaoo>

I like woodley despite him making that hard sometimes. I wish him well.

Bellator has better WW division than UFC

He would get killed by Lima, Amosov, Berkhamov, Koreshkov, Daley, Jackson and others

Outwrestled by Joey Davis and Storley
Ehhh Bellator has some good welterweights, but UFC has the better division overall. Usman, Colby, Masvidal, Luque, and Thompson would all wreck shop in Bellator.

The most egotistical, full-of-himself, and the most self-entitled fighter who is much over-rated. Good riddance.

Who literally has no impact on your life but affects you so much.

The Chris will probably be joining him tomorrow. Too expensive to keep them only to watch their rapid declines outside the top 15

Would love to see woodley smash up that little bum jake paul but he wont take that fight as woodley can actually box.

Bellator city

He always was overrated though, especially by rogan

He spectacularly knocked down then generally beat the living shit out of Darren Till in his second title defense.

Some of you have unreasonable expectations.
One exciting defense. My complaint is more him having issues pulling the trigger if anything, give Woodley a mindset of a prime Hughes or Condit, I think he'd still be champion or at the very least just coming to an end of a run as champ.

"After an eight-year stay under the promotion's banner, former welterweight champion, Woodley has parted ways with the UFC."

J2YZRVCQ

"In the midst of a four-fight losing skid, the former undisputed 170-pound best most recently competed professionally at UFC 260 in March, where he suffered an opening-round Brabo choke defeat to Vicente Luque, after an entertaining first-round firefight. The matchup came as the final on Woodley’s promotional deal."

"Speculation began to mount that Woodley’s time with the promotion had come to an end after it emerged that he had been removed from the UFC’s fan’s ranking pool. (H/T Tom Feely). Multiple sources close to FightBook MMA confirmed that Woodley has parted ways with the UFC."

Full story here: https://www.fightbookmma.com/ex-ufc...-tyron-woodley-parts-ways-with-the-promotion/

------
Your thoughts? How will you remember Tyron "T-Wood" Woodley in the UFC?

He defended his belt honorably. I think he's just aged out of the UFC. Taken too much damage over the years.

Ehhh Bellator has some good welterweights, but UFC has the better division overall. Usman, Colby, Masvidal, Luque, and Thompson would all wreck shop in Bellator.
Masvidal?

He already lost to Daley, Larkin, Khabilov, Bendo...That's 4 Bellator guys on the current roster and he has 0 wins over any of them lol

UFC WW division is really bad that's why they are making a pointless rematch, they can't even find contenders. Bellator's WW division shit all over UFC's

I am cool with this. As an older athlete, he needs his big cash fight. Don’t hold on them like what they did to Diaz and wanderlei

Tyron, go get your money...Jake Paul wont get a KO, most likely Tyron wins, dont get anywhere near JLeon tho.

Ehhh Tyron looking for dollars. Not sure he wins without landing a big shot early. Paul is decent at boxing and obvs doing some USADA unsanctioned shit. He dropped askren pretty easily. The best peds are expensive and Paul’s got money. Without the takedown threat most likely Woodley gets KOd like his wiener vs that raccoon.

Woodley only had one KO in his title defenses. It was against Till. Masvidal did the same thing to Till around the same time.
He subbed till if I’m not mistaken

Woodley vs MVP, make it happen Scotty Cokes.

I thought about that, but honestly I don’t know if he’d compete at the top there either. Maybe he could hang with Benson Henderson at 155, but not the Pitbull Borthers, and 170 is even worse for him, with Douglas Lima, Amosov, Neiman Gracie... rough going in Bellator for him I think.

While I don't disagree with you, I just think he'll end up in one of those spots.

Masvidal?

He already lost to Daley, Larkin, Khabilov, Bendo...That's 4 Bellator guys on the current roster and he has 0 wins over any of them lol

UFC WW division is really bad that's why they are making a pointless rematch, they can't even find contenders. Bellator's WW division shit all over UFC's
Oh I agree about UFC’s division being a bit shallow, but Bellator’s is too, outside of a few top guys. Masvidal would kill Bendo right now (if Mas could make 155). Bendo is washed. Daley is on the decline as well. I get your point of bringing up Masvidal’s past opponents, but these guys are totally at different spots in their careers right now. Masvidal would be WW champ in Bellator.

Oh I agree about UFC’s division being a bit shallow, but Bellator’s is too, outside of a few top guys. Masvidal would kill Bendo right now (if Mas could make 155). Bendo is washed. Daley is on the decline as well. I get your point of bringing up Masvidal’s past opponents, but these guys are totally at different spots in their careers right now. Masvidal would be WW champ in Bellator.
Are you serious man? wtf lol

He had four title fights between July 30, 2016 and July 29, 2017, and each time he left with the belt. That's about as good a year as you'll see nowadays, and it's something I'll remember.

Yes, who can forget the stellar barn burner that was Woodley vs Maia...
<LikeReally5>

Back