Fox takes money from the Saudis to air LIV Golf on cable as an athletic informercial

WWE is getting $50 million and all expenses paid to run one show there next month. Everybody has a price (including the TS).

Lol at this thread being moved from the war room to the sports bar. I was gonna say this shit should be in the WR
lmao intentional nerf by someone territorial i think ;)

This thread has come up a lot here. I'll make the same reply:

Women could play golf in Riyadh before they could be a member of Augusta National.

This thread has come up a lot here. I'll make the same reply:

Women could play golf in Riyadh before they could be a member of Augusta National.
Wow huge point; definitely means this league is legit and that Saudis are far more progressive than America.
Bless to our kings in the middle east! I can't wait to buy my supermodel girlfriend a full length set of clothes so that we can go experience some of this freedom on 18-holes of desert.

Wow huge point; definitely means this league is legit and that Saudis are far more progressive than America.
Bless to our kings in the middle east! I can't wait to buy my supermodel girlfriend a full length set of clothes so that we can go experience some of this freedom on 18-holes of desert.

Here's a news story about LIV Golf produced by a channel whose parent company broadcasts PGA tour events.

Watch it. It will make you feel better.

Here's a news story about LIV Golf produced by a channel whose parent company broadcasts PGA tour events.

Watch it. It will make you feel better.

Damn I was so wrong. The Saudis are awesome!

Also today LIV is trying to merge with a defunct regional golf tour to pretend that they're eligible for world golf rankings.
"
LIV announced Wednesday it will form a “strategic alliance” with the MENA Tour, a circuit representing (in theory) the Middle East and North Africa. The MENA Tour, designated as a pathway to the Asian Tour, began operations in 2011, but has not held a tournament since the pandemic.

“We are taking this mutually beneficial action to support the game at the developmental level and because of the importance and fairness of LIV golfers qualifying for OWGR points,” said Atul Khosla, LIV Golf president. “We’re pleased to create pathways that give more opportunities for young players, while also giving fans rankings that include all the world’s best golfers.”

With all due respect to the playing opportunities for young players, the second halves of Khosla’s sentences are the crucial part of this “strategic alliance.” The MENA Tour is already part of the Official World Golf Rankings’ tour database, and has been since 2016. By designating LIV events, starting with this weekend’s tournament in Bangkok, as part of the MENA Tour, LIV is contending that it’s now part of the OWGR already.

Interesting that nobody cared about the Saudis being the primary sponsor of the PGA’s LPGA but now they care about when they sponsor competition. Almost as if this has nothing to do about the Saudis

Interesting that nobody cared about the Saudis being the primary sponsor of the PGA’s LPGA but now they care about when they sponsor competition. Almost as if this has nothing to do about the Saudis
Giving money to put a logo up and advertise is pretty different from being in power and paying people to fully defect to their allegiance.
If the Saudis had tried to buy the LPGA outright we'd be having a diff discussion.

Big difference between being a customer/client of a business than trying to buyout or compete with a business.

Giving money to put a logo up and advertise is pretty different from being in power and paying people to fully defect to their allegiance.
If the Saudis had tried to buy the LPGA outright we'd be having a diff discussion.

Big difference between being a customer/client of a business than trying to buyout or compete with a business.
They fully sponsored 6 events and payed out the majority of prize money. Being the primary sponsor isn’t that much different. If you suck the Saudi dick half the time vs all the time, you still sucking Saudi dick. The PGA loved hiding their financials as a non profit so they could pillage their players. Amazing the money that freed up so quickly when competition showed up.

I’m not a fan of blood money but the fuck the PGA those hypocritical sacks of shit. Had Finchem not stole Norman’s World Golf idea decades earlier we wouldn’t be here.

Back