News Francis 'Big Frank' Ngannou Officially Signs with the PFL

Are you happy for Francis?

• Total voters
Good for him.
I was really hoping he'd make huge strides outside the UFC and would bring legitimacy into another promotion. (The numbers here though seem unsustainable for the PFL though.) Let's see how this goes. The only real shame here is how he's already 36 years old.

Lol at people spinning signing with the fucking pfl as some sort of victory.

Everyone singing his praises for expanding the brand into Africa. Hell the PFL barely has a footprint in America lmao. Like I said earlier Olivier Aubin-Mercier has been on an absolute tear since signing there and there’s barely been a chirp in the MMA world.

TOOK FRANCIS 3 FUCKIN MONTHS !

<BC1><RomeroSalute>

ONLY TOOK DWIGHT BONER JONES 3 FUCKIN YEARS !

{<jordan}<EdgyBrah><209Bitch>

Best of luck to him and I wish him success. I hope he gets the big pro boxing fight he always wanted and I hope he remains successful in MMA and continues to make a name for himself.

I'm sorry he signed a good contract that gets him more than he was making in the UFC and lets him box.
He has been able to box for awhile now and he has done nothing. Where are the hard numbers that he has already gotten or is guaranteed more money than the UFC offered??

Look if he's happy with the deal I'm happy for him. But there's no way any of you really believe the PFL gave him a better deal than the ufc did. Come on man.

Depends. IMO, from Frank's perspective, if he can't get some decent coin guaranteed + free to pursue boxing, then it's not an unreasonable choice. Especially considering what a great track record the UFC has at underhanded business tactics, and throwing fighters under the bus once they've hit their shelf life. All he needs is one of the big 4 hw boxers to throw him a bone. Wilder seems the ideal choice; the fight would market itself. We'll see.

If he succeeds, this could help set precedent for other fighters to not get so easily steamrolled by an oligopoly like the UFC.

Depends. IMO, from Frank's perspective, if he can't get some decent coin guaranteed + free to pursue boxing, then it's not an unreasonable choice. Especially considering what a great track record the UFC has at underhanded business tactics, and throwing fighters under the bus once they've hit their shelf life. All he needs is one of the big 4 hw boxers to throw him a bone. Wilder seems the ideal choice; the fight would market itself. We'll see.

If he succeeds, this could help set precedent for other fighters to not get so easily steamrolled by an oligopoly like the UFC.
Yeah these are all fair points. I dunno if it's gonna end up being more money for him, but it seems like he got the terms he wanted at least.

Back