Francis is still waiting for you Jon

Jesus not this topic again.

Once again....UFC ducked the Jon vs Frank fight by not paying them what they deserved to earn.

Frank left because of $.
Jon is getting treating like royalty now because he can earn UFC $ since most their draws are gone.

If you wanna get technical DC ducked Frank.
You gotta look into it. Dude couldn't even avenged his training partner too after Frank crippled both his knees after shadow realming him.

Jones by easy sub. It isn't a boxing match.
You're greatly underrating Ngannou's wrestling. You bringing up the first Stipe fight while ignoring the second perfectly illustrates my point. Jones would get his takedown stuffed and would get knocked out he's not Gane, he is far more similar to Reyes and Santos in style, only bigger stronger hits harder and in my opinion has better defensive wrestling.

Last edited:
You're greatly underrating Ngannou's wrestling. You bringing up the first Stipe fight while ignoring the second perfectly illustrates my point. Jones would get his takedown stuffed and would get knocked out he's not Gane, he is far more similar to Reyes and Santos in style, only bigger stronger hits harder and in my opinion has better defensive wrestling.
You realize Ngannou is about 45 years old right. He may have beaten Fury in a boxing match but he would never beat Jones.

So back in 2021 Jon Jones the supposed GOAT of our sport and the now paper HW champ said he would fight Francis....yet here we are almost 3 years later and he isnt even trying to lobby for a one off in PFL against Francis to prove he deserves to be the lineal champ.

oh Jon, if you didn't fight Francis in 2021 then...

pretty unfair.

It's ngannou that left the UFC and could not come to terms. the fight not happening is placed Squarely on francis.

You realize Ngannou is about 45 years old right. He may have beaten Fury in a boxing match but he would never beat Jones.
Ngannou is 37 and Jones is 36. This fight is far from a shoe in and Jones knows it that's why he would never agree to it.
frankJon.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:
A couple oblique kicks and both of Ngannou's knees would be ruined for life. He never wanted that smoke.

It's just a complete and totally unrelated coincidence that Francis decided to leave MMA for boxing the moment he destroyed his knees.

And then it's just another completely unrelated coincidence that he showed up post-reconstruction much slower and less agile than before.

And then another completely unrelated coincidence that he accepted a 2nd boxing match instead of fulfilling his contractual obligation to fight for PFL like he'd already agreed to.

And another coincidence that he's said he won't fight for PFL after that either, or even this year period, because he's going to take a 3rd boxing fight instead.

Huh. You know, a conspiracy theorist might think this might be all related or something.

Oh, I get it, you're just delusional. Francis is 1 year older than Jones and has far less mileage on him. If Jones was as confident as you are he wouldn't have waited till Ngannou was on his way out of the UFC to take a HW fight. Jones also wouldn't have been asking for 15 million for the fight either since he knows that was never going to happen. He's currently getting about half that.

Last edited:
I think its ultimately the UFC why the fight didn't happen. But I also think Francis would have won, and I do think Jon was trying to avoid the match up.

Francis isn't even fighting in PFL despite agreeing to after PFL agreed to all his absurd demands.

But sure, Jon's the problem here and not Francis' blatantly simply never fighting in MMA again.
Absurd?

They were brilliant demands

Thanks Dana

Absurd?

They were brilliant demands

Thanks Dana
Yes, making a stipulation in your MMA contract to fight in a totally different sport is absolutely absurd.
And if you don't think it is, how about you go ask the PFL what they think about. Now that they're finally realizing that he never intended on fighting MMA.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JonSable
Back