Francis is still waiting for you Jon

So back in 2021 Jon Jones the supposed GOAT of our sport and the now paper HW champ said he would fight Francis....yet here we are almost 3 years later and he isnt even trying to lobby for a one off in PFL against Francis to prove he deserves to be the lineal champ.

oh Jon, if you didn't fight Francis in 2021 then...

My man Francis QUIT MMA instead of taking the highest pay ever to fight Jone

He left the sport.

Last edited:
How in the living hell could Jon go to PFL? You think Dana's just going to say "Sure Jon, we'll release you from your contract at once so PFL can put on a mega fight between you and Francis.".
I know, i just wanted to use that new joe budden meme lol

"Dana White says Francis Ngannou will never be in the UFC again"

Meanwhile on Sherdog

"it's all Jon Jones' fault Francis isn't fighting Jones in the UFC!!!"

View attachment 1027301

Jon took 3 years to "bulk up" and conveniently finished said bulk literally the weekend Francis and the UFC's negotiations broke down lmao.
The God's honest truth is that Jon ducked Francis and there is literally nothing that Bones' fans' cope can do to change that historical, carved in stone fact.
He saw that NCAA Francis' wrestling was enough to make Gane look clueless, and cherry picked Cyril for his titleshot.

He will fight Stipe and win, then retire due to "mounting injuries" having "proved everything he can" and you nuthuggers will continue to try to call him the "two division GOAT" LMAO

Jon took 3 years to "bulk up" and conveniently finished said bulk literally the weekend Francis and the UFC's negotiations broke down lmao.
The God's honest truth is that Jon ducked Francis and there is literally nothing that Bones' fans' cope can do to change that historical, carved in stone fact.
He saw that NCAA Francis' wrestling was enough to make Gane look clueless, and cherry picked Cyril for his titleshot.

He will fight Stipe and win, then retire due to "mounting injuries" having "proved everything he can" and you nuthuggers will continue to try to call him the "two division GOAT" LMAO

But you don't know the "God's honest truth," and you never will, so you can't proclaim what it is. No one on Sherdog knows. Regardless, TS is talking about them fighting NOW, not what happened years ago, and the facts are 1) Jones and Ngannou are in 2 different promotions, and 2) The president of the much more powerful and influential promotion says Ngannou is never coming back to his promotion, and 3) The much more power, influential promotion doesn't co-promote with any other promotions. That's what many people, including Jones haters just can't cope with.

giphy.gif

2020: Stipe was champion, not Ngannou

2021: Ngannou wins the belt and immediately refuses to defend so they have to create an interim title, and Ngannou proceeds to not fight them either all year

2022: Ngannou finally fights his interim champ, tears his knees preparing for it and spends all year sidelined by recovery, AND had just finished out his contract so needs to resign to even fight again

2023: Ngannou refuses to resign and instead leaves

Let a couple more years pass before you try and revisionist history something that occured only a few years ago.

I called Francis out 3 years ago and he never even @'d me in return. Chickenshit.

So Jones was going to fight Francis even though as you said Francis, "negotiations broke down lmao!" ?

How was Jones supposed to fight Francis if Francis quit mma?

God's honest truth? Please?

When Jones was sitting out & demanding higher pay, Dana threw him under the bus & basically had us believe Jones was scared of Francis. Now Dana is trying to get us to believe Francis is the scared one. Dana just says whatever he wants in the moment, whatever fits his brand/narrative (understandable since he's a promoter but I'm not gonna believe everything Dana says)

Ngannou is the one in the minor leagues begging for boxing handouts lol.

He wants nothing to do with Jones or any legit MMA competition for that matter… dudes best win was a razor thin decision against Cyril Gane in which he looked goofy on the feet getting pieced up and became the only top ranked HW who somehow managed to get taken down by a French one dimensional kickboxer lol. It’s even crazier to think that Gane going for a white belt attempt of a leg lock saved Ngannou.

Jones legacy in MMA is set, he’s just running up the score. Ngannou has no legacy other than beating a bunch of 40something year old wash ups and getting outboxed by Black Beast

<JonesLaugh>

So back in 2021 Jon Jones the supposed GOAT of our sport and the now paper HW champ said he would fight Francis....yet here we are almost 3 years later and he isnt even trying to lobby for a one off in PFL against Francis to prove he deserves to be the lineal champ.

oh Jon, if you didn't fight Francis in 2021 then...

Supposed goat lul
Then who is the GOAT? Fedor has tons of embarrasing defeats, you say Jones is paper HW champ but Khabib didn't even had the balls to go up, GSP waited for an easy opponent to go up and after that he ran away. So yeah he is the GOAT, you can find tons of bullshit about other fighters

Ngannou played his hand well. He is now on another level, money-wise, compared to all mma fighters. He made it and people are mad.
I don’t care too much about boxing, to me Ngannou is a closed story. Him knocking down Fury was cool to see, but whatever. Now Jones keeping the HW belt and refusing to unify by fighting the interim holder is what bothers me a bit. His fight with Stipe is fine and he should get that if all parties agree, but the belt should not be on the line. At this point Jones - Aspinall is something I’d much rather see than Jones - Ngannou, even if the latter us a bigger money fight. Happy for Ngannou, couldn’t give a rat’s ass who ducked who, keeping focus on mma.

Back