News Francis Ngannou/Dillian Whyte Virtual Press Conference Sat 30th

Dillon! You son of a bitch

I'm in, I'd watch the fuck out of it, Whyte is no joke, and I'd like to see if ngannou looks as dangerous with boxing gloves on.

I'd like to see a boxing match. Should be an easy win for Whyte but Ngannou's power is on the level of the hardest hitters in boxing imo so he has a puncher's chance. Would be a really interesting cross-over experiment. Make it happen.

tenor.gif

Stipe and DC will both probably retire after their fight, and then all the company will have is Francis. There's no way Dana is gonna allow his one decent heavyweight to go out and flatlined simply because he wants to fight more often.

Ngannou is running out of people willing to die fighting him. He will have to do his own searches because the UFC can't even do their job anymore.

Whyte any good?

Probably the 3rd best HW boxer out there after AJ and Fury. His only loss was to AJ and that was quite a while back when they were both up and coming fighters.

I think this could be a good fight. Dillian Whyte is a big slugger with good boxing skills too; he's somewhat of out of shape a lot of the time but he has stamina. Ngannou of course is always in great shape but has stamina issues. Both hit hard but for Whyte it's usually wearing his opponent down rather than 1-punch, though he did take out Chisora with 1 good shot (took 10 rounds though) and KO Lucas Browne (who Cormier beat in MMA, making Browne focus on boxing).

I think this will be a good test of boxer vs. MMA fighter, in both situations, ring and octagon. I think the gloves might make the difference, with Ngannou's winging shots not landing the same with bigger gloves (and Whyte being able to cover better, and "tie-up" which you can't really do in MMA) and Francis wearing himself out in the ring; after that, he will be picked apart round by round and either lose on points or wear down like Foreman against Ali.

In the octagon though with smaller gloves, it will be harder for Whyte to avoid getting hit with Ngannou's power shots, and tying up doesn't stop the action here. I doubt Whyte has the grappling advantage either. He can, of course, fire back, and we might really get to see if Ngannou can take a punch. Ngannou took some fairly big shots from Stipe pretty well, but Whyte hits that hard at a minimum. We might see Ngannou be the one to resort to grappling, and he could even win it on the ground.

I know you're joking but it's actually embarrassing that Ngannou is as highly ranked as he is

He's ranked that high because he's smashing people out in seconds.

When he starts losing in the cage, then he will start losing ranking.

Name 5 HWs better than him ?

I won't hold my breath.

He's ranked that high because he's smashing people out in seconds.

When he starts losing in the cage, then he will start losing ranking.

Name 5 HWs better than him ?

I won't hold my breath.

that's why it's an embarrassment. Because he's that bad technically but still wins, because heavyweight is a joke of a division

If the ufc allows this they don’t give a shit about anything but short term money grabs because Francis will get embarrassed. He’s the future Of a very thin heavyweight division.

Would love to see this happen. Dillian has had the worst luck with his career, everyone perma-ducks him because he is good enough to be a threat but not showbiz enough to make a mega fight.
He also got wrongfully suspended for a false doping allegation.

This fight with ngannou would be the best thing to happen to his career. It would also show up the entire world of pro boxers if he does okay at the MMA because so far everyone but the legend that is James Toney has been too scared to touch MMA with a bargepole. And Toney got rekt.
Fury, wilder and AJ wouldn't do it for any sum of money.
Just to step into octagon with Ngannou gives him forever bragging rights. Also hopefully some money for him and Francis.

Dillian should have a decent chance because Francis always takes big winging swinging hooks/overhands leaving his centre totally exposed.

Any skilled boxer should be able to take advantage. Especially someone a little shorter.

Back