Francis Ngannou VS Josh Barnett

RoyJonesJr

Carti Season
@red
Reaction score
Kinda wish we got to see this random fight

Prime 4 prime, who wins?

I got Francis via KO in the first round

But if Josh can survive the first round and takedown Francis in the second, he's taking a limb home for sure

I mean no doubt Barnett finds the sub if the fight hits the ground but if Cain and Blaydes couldn't get the takedown against Ngannou what makes you think a significantly worse wrestler in Barnett would get the TD?

Ngannou by KO

How good are Barnet takedowns? Because if they are shit he have no chance vs Ngannou

Is Barnett on the steroids he's been caught with 5 times? His "prime" is a joke. He should be removed from every MMA record book.

How good are Barnet takedowns?

This good:

giphy.gif

Prime Barnett beat Aleksander Emelianenko. He would easily defeat Ngannou. Current Barnett would get KOd tho.

Barnett circa 2020 is simply too slow to close the distance and get a takedown with regularity.

Peak Barnett could definitely move a bit better and would have a much better chance.

If it hits the ground in a secure position w/ Barnett on top, I have no doubt Barnett subs him or otherwise positionally dominates.

But getting there is the issue.

I would still take peak Francis (to-date) over peak Barnett (adjusting for PED removal). And I love Barnett. I just think it's a bad stylistic matchip. Francis is a strong guy even if you can close the distance and clinch.

I mean no doubt Barnett finds the sub if the fight hits the ground but if Cain and Blaydes couldn't get the takedown against Ngannou what makes you think a significantly worse wrestler in Barnett would get the TD?

Ngannou by KO

Prime Barnett did last 10 mins with Aleks standing, defencively I think he was much better than those two, especially a declined Cain.

Is Barnett on the steroids he's been caught with 5 times? His "prime" is a joke. He should be removed from every MMA record book.

Along with Brock and Jones right?

Back