Free fight: Gaethje v Barboza

johnmangala

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

Gaethje is a scary match up for Tony. Barboza is a quality win.

I like Gaethje a lot and I bet money on him to beat Edson and Tony but he needs to close those hands man. He eye poked Dustin several times and did the same to Edson right before the KO.

He is a dangerous fight. I think Tony still pulls off an outclassing. Similar to how Dustin did it to him.

Was there live for this. Great knockout, great atmosphere after it happened. Philly is a great crowd for fights.

Another crushing Gaethje victory.

First 2 rounds the man is so dangerous.
also....watching this fight again, Gaethje's distance control is impressive. Barboza threw a lot of kicks that missed because Gaethje stayed *just* beyond range. That's smart, cos anyone must stay away from Barboza's leg-kicks, they're so hard.

that was a nasty eye poke by gaethje just before the KO ...

3b4354_c6397ef1782b49efb7d6ef551799be1d~mv2.png

>Barboza is a quality win

Lol stop, Barboza is a CTE patient these days. The Khabib fight broke him and the Kevin Lee massacre just finished what was left of his chin.

Gaethje on the other hand was one fight away from being cut because he can’t cut it against decent opponents (Eddie and Poirier DESTROYED him), so the UFC fed him a steady diet of CTE Patients : Vick, Barboza, Cowboy.

Gaethje is a fun fighter but let’s not be disingenuous or get carried away by UFC hyperbole.
I agree Barboza is past it but he's still a name. Cowboy and Barboza are always quality wins.

Fun fight, but there's no way around it, that eyepoke was fight changing. Ref should've called timeout and we could've had a longer fight, maybe a classic.

Lol stop, Barboza is a CTE patient these days. The Khabib fight broke him and the Kevin Lee massacre just finished what was left of his chin.

Gaethje on the other hand was one fight away from being cut because he can’t cut it against decent opponents (Eddie and Poirier DESTROYED him), so the UFC fed him a steady diet of CTE Patients : Vick, Barboza, Cowboy.

Gaethje is a fun fighter but let’s not be disingenuous or get carried away by UFC hyperbole.

tenor.gif

Always with the negative waves.

Gaethje has some serious power when he actually pick his shots.

Also this Brazil Wand poster sounds like a complete beta male.

Barboza is a still a quality win. Beat hooker 2 times, pettis, hooker, dariush, etc. He is not a top win but a very good one nonetheless

He is a dangerous fight. I think Tony still pulls off an outclassing. Similar to how Dustin did it to him.
May I ask how? When has Ferguson outclassed anybody? Even against RDA (when Ferguson was in his prime), the fight was really close and RDA didn't really need to try hard to touch Ferguson.

He gets hit a lot, and his defense is abysmal.

Poirier also has better footwork, defense, combination punching, counters and power - Ferguson isn't really good at any of these things.

May I ask how? When has Ferguson outclassed anybody? Even against RDA (when Ferguson was in his prime), the fight was really close and RDA didn't really need to try hard to touch Ferguson.

He gets hit a lot, and his defense is abysmal.

Poirier also has better footwork, defense, combination punching, counters and power - Ferguson isn't really good at any of these things.

He’s on a 12 fight winning streak with several finishes and this guy doesn’t seem to notice Tony outclass anybody...oh lord. You obviously don’t know how to pay attention to detail when watching fights...if you even do.

Back