Freebie Alert Thread

I will probably get it. Gonna have to pay for it like a sucker though because I spaced on the date of the free giveaway.

I already made this thread and no one cared.

<DCrying>

I actually cared but @ThulsaDooom was completely on point about the Epic Store being shit. I created an account and couldn't even sign in, same when I tried to reset my password. Just lost interest and started playing 3 Kingdoms instead. Will probably just rip the game at some point. Have you played it yet? Early impressions?

I saw some review on this game that was going on about how rome was awful and this is great. Clearly that person is a new age modern joke of a gamer and this game is most likely dog shit.

I actually cared but @ThulsaDooom was completely on point about the Epic Store being shit. I created an account and couldn't even sign in, same when I tried to reset my password. Just lost interest and started playing 3 Kingdoms instead. Will probably just rip the game at some point. Have you played it yet? Early impressions?

It has some interesting campaign features and is a bit more narrative compared to most TW titles, but the battles are kind of shit compared to 3 kingdoms and warhammer.

Each ruler is quite unique and has unique campaign mechanics yet the unit rosters are pretty lackluster and the "truth behind the myth" units are pretty stupid in general. Even the faction unique units are kind of drab.

I played a fair bit of Achilles' campaign and some of Menelaus, but I'm not sure I'm going to play much more without mods. Menelaus campaign was pretty dull and his unit roster sucks.

The one good feature is what they've done to the economy. It's not just gold, you get income for food, wood, stone, bronze, and gold all of them are used for different construction prices and upkeeps. Like cheap units will only cost food and food for upkeep, while more advanced will require gold to purchase and bronze for upkeep. More advanced structures require stone or bronze to construct, and basic ones just wood. Certainly more of a 4x approach to the economy.

Saga titles still aren't as good as the full releases and I don't think it's quite worth a $50 price tag, $30 seems more reasonable.

It has some interesting campaign features and is a bit more narrative compared to most TW titles, but the battles are kind of shit compared to 3 kingdoms and warhammer.

Each ruler is quite unique and has unique campaign mechanics yet the unit rosters are pretty lackluster and the "truth behind the myth" units are pretty stupid in general. Even the faction unique units are kind of drab.

I played a fair bit of Achilles' campaign and some of Menelaus, but I'm not sure I'm going to play much more without mods. Menelaus campaign was pretty dull and his unit roster sucks.

The one good feature is what they've done to the economy. It's not just gold, you get income for food, wood, stone, bronze, and gold all of them are used for different construction prices and upkeeps. Like cheap units will only cost food and food for upkeep, while more advanced will require gold to purchase and bronze for upkeep. More advanced structures require stone or bronze to construct, and basic ones just wood. Certainly more of a 4x approach to the economy.

Saga titles still aren't as good as the full releases and I don't think it's quite worth a $50 price tag, $30 seems more reasonable.

Gotta agree. I love the setting, and love hearing "Son of a King and a Goddess!" all the time from Achilles, but the historical nature of the game precludes a lack of variety in units and technologies.

30 bucks is a good price for it, 50 is kinda nuts, given Three Kingdoms is just ten bucks more.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it. Out of curiosity just wondering what your favorite Total War titles are. Mine are Rome, Shogun 2, and 3 Kingdoms.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, appreciate it. Out of curiosity just wondering what your favorite Total War titles are. Mine are Rome, Shogun 2, and 3 Kindoms.

Wahammer 2, Rome, Medieval 2, Shogun 2 in that order but mainly because of mods.

Shogun 2 was probably CA's best game without any mods and it had a really great multiplayer mode too.

I just started playing the total war games . I have shogun two and the original one I believe . Pretty fun still getting use to the first one, haven’t played the shogun one yet

RPC is willing to give free room and board during this hard time in America I salute him for his curtious behavior and racial acceptance.

youtube RPC and watch his hit video from 4:10-5:00. I wanted to post it here, but I thought it might be too much.

freedom of speech is often over bearing.

Serious Sam: The First Encounter is free on GOG thru 8/26

https://www.gog.com/game/serious_sam_the_first_encounter

00290a6f4e03e5d029271437865620199336023d0fad3df6743b95c5f80e012d.jpg

Back