Freebie Alert Thread

Sega is releasing some little projects/prototypes for free on Steam for a very limited time to celebrate their 60th anniversary. I think they are all only available until the 19th, but the article I read wasn't very clear.

October 15: Armor of Heroes. Looks like a more modern take on Atari Combat.

October 16: Endless Zone, a Fantasy Zone/Endless Legend mashup.

October 17: A Streets of Rage/Yakuza crossover. Rad!

October 18: An old Golden Axe prototype is going to be available for one day only,

You can also get a free Steam copy of Nights Into Dreams if you register on their anniversary page. You have to provide an email address and sign into your Steam account, so if you're worried about Sega getting your public Steam account info, you can skip this one.
https://www.sega60th.com/

Last edited:
Sega is releasing some little projects/prototypes for free on Steam for a very limited time to celebrate their 60th anniversary. I think they are all only available until the 19th, but the article I read wasn't very clear.

October 15: Armor of Heroes. Looks like a more modern take on Atari Combat.

October 16: Endless Zone, a Fantasy Zone/Endless Legend mashup.

October 17: A Streets of Rage/Yakuza crossover. Rad!

October 18: An old Golden Axe prototype is going to be available for one day only,

You can also get a free Steam copy of Nights Into Dreams if you register on their anniversary page. You have to provide an email address and sign into your Steam account, so if you're worried about Sega getting your public Steam account info, you can skip this one.
https://www.sega60th.com/

So, Armor of Heroes is up, but I only see an option to play, not add it to my library. So, are the games only available to PLAY for a few days? Because that would be weak as hell.

So, Armor of Heroes is up, but I only see an option to play, not add it to my library. So, are the games only available to PLAY for a few days? Because that would be weak as hell.

Click play and it'll get added to your library. You don't have to install.

I am so getting that Yakuza beat em up.
I just got it, and it runs at like 5 FPS on my computer for some reason. I guess some other people are having the same issue. Turns out that the game is just one stage repeated over and over, and all the characters play like Axel from SoR2, even keeping his sound effects. Feels bad. :(

I just got it, and it runs at like 5 FPS on my computer for some reason. I guess some other people are having the same issue. Turns out that the game is just one stage repeated over and over, and all the characters play like Axel from SoR2, even keeping his sound effects. Feels bad. :(
Besmirching the yakuza name.....

Fuck yeah, I saw this thread, and managed to swoop in just in time to get Streets of Kamurocho even though I'll never play it! Whoo! Remembered to get all three.

Now just waiting on the only one I actually care about which is the Golden Axe game.

https://www.gog.com/game/europa_universalis_ii
MV5BZjRlNGIyYWYtNmU4Ni00MjE5LWJmN2MtMzk2ZmIyZmU1MjRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjk2MTQxMzg@._V1_FMjpg_UX730_.jpg

November titles for PS Plus dawgs are live and are (1) Hollow Knight: Voidheart Edition, and (2) Middle-earth: Shadow of War, the sequel to Shadow of Mordor. While next-gen (3) Bugsnax (adventure, SP) is launching on the PS4 12 November, it is only free to PS5 owners; PS4 players will need purchase it, to say.

(1)
Hollow-Knight-Voidheart-Edition-GTG-Gaming-Cafe.png

(2)
Shadow_of_Mordor_cover_art.jpg

(3)
nrvcx99058c51.png

Back