Freebie Alert Thread

I don't know why I even bother with you.
You asked a question, I answered with a concrete quantification. Prime memberships are only available in 17 countries, and are even rarer abroad. It's worth noting to spare those who don't subscribe a fruitless search.

6820ed739937558335737d212bacf0c4f6f82f9e.jpg

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut is free on the GOG for all Galaxy users. This is their free launcher software. It's an amazing launcher, actually, IMO. It isn't as feature rich as Steam, but the tradeoff is that it's much more lightweight. Consistent with GOG's hardcore open-source philosophy to everything, the launcher goes out of its way to connect to all your accounts, and let you launch games you own on other services all from a single convenient launcher (ex. Steam, Epic, Origin, UPlay Connect). It even lets you connect to communicate with friends on services that aren't PC-compatible: Xbox Live & the PSN . The only big one it doesn't support is Battle.net.

Download Galaxy here:
https://www.gog.com/galaxy

Instructions to claim game:
Starting today, all GOG GALAXY users can claim a FREE GOG copy of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut, if they decide to stay in touch with us.
How? Download or update your GOG GALAXY application. Go to the "Recent" view and check the banner at the top. Click the giveaway button if you agree to receive news, updates, and GOG offers. After a while, the game will show up in your games library inside the application and in your GOG.COM collection.

Cave Story+ is free on the Epic Games launcher until December 10

"Cave Story (Japanese: 洞窟物語, Hepburn: Dōkutsu Monogatari) is a 2004 Metroidvania platform-adventure game for Microsoft Windows. It was developed over five years by Japanese developer Daisuke "Pixel" Amaya in his free time. Cave Story features 2D platform mechanics and is reminiscent of the games Amaya played in his youth, such as Metroid and Castlevania (both released in 1986). After its initial self-published release, the game slowly gained popularity on the internet. It received widespread critical acclaim for many polished aspects of its design, such as its compelling characters, setting, story, and gameplay. Cave Story is considered by many as the quintessential indie game because of its one-person development team and influence on the gaming world."

So, for PS Plus dawgs, there are two themes now free -- both Resident Evil. One is more a nice throwback but the other, Biohazard edition, is awesome with custom icons + audio and wallpaper change-up when on carousel versus utility bar for Friends, Communities, Trophies and such. Even if not an RE player, I recommend grabbing them and seeing if they vibe with you or not; no skin off your back. Colour juxtaposition is VIP on Biohazard.
Goddamn it, I need to check this thread. Completely missed this.

Goddamn it, I need to check this thread. Completely missed this.
Really liked the Biohazard entry and had it up the last few weeks -- a UI subtle and loud at the same time. Very nice. Last night I bought the gold Sic Parvis Magna theme in commemoration of 10 years of Drakedom; it's a dusty gold on black with omnidirectional scrolling for sketchwork of expeditions and assets. Mm. Molto bello.

Free today on Epic:
Pillars of Eternity- Defenitive Edition
Tyranny-Gold Edition

Two very nice RPG imo, after work gonna add them to my library :)
Wasn’t big on POE, but how was Tyranny?

I only know POE from name, that it was compared with BG 1 &2. But never played it.
Tyranny got a lot of positive reviews but also never played it.

Both games got a good reputation and seem to be in the same spirit like BG 1 & 2.

Free today on Epic:
Pillars of Eternity- Defenitive Edition
Tyranny-Gold Edition

Two very nice RPG imo, after work gonna add them to my library :)
They have the DLC's included too, that's just bananas what Epic gives away!

I know they have several revenue streams, but that fortnight money must be insane too. I'd love to see their financials and what this costs them.

I couldn't get into POE, tried multiple times, but I hear Tyranny is far better.

I personally preferred Tyranny. I didn't finish Pillars of Eternity, even though I thought I would love it because I like the genre. Tyranny is the same type of classic RPG game, but it's a lot more friendly to people new to the genre and changes some of the standard mechanics. They spice things up and make the game more fun imo.

Ubisoft offering Starlink: Battle for Atlas Digital Edition for free on PC

https://register.ubisoft.com/happyholidays2020-day2/en-US
Thank you for waking me up on Day 2! I forgot they did this every holiday season. Last year it lasted for a whopping 30 days to celebrate their 30th anniversary starting in mid-November. This year it looks like we get a full set of weekdays (Dec. 14th-18th).

Everyone should be sure to check back in tomorrow and each day thereafter. Yesterday it was DLC goodies for AC:Valhalla. Hopefully they'll keep ramping it up each day.

Epic gonna start their 2 weeks of daily Holiday freebies on the 17th too

Gonna be lit

I just checked my list of games in my epic library. I've paid exactly 10.00 total on the platform (the Division 2 gold edition, msrp 100usd, got it for 10usd) and have 147 games.

Nuts.

Back