Frenchmens are taking over the UFC !

If we're broadening the qualifications for being French, I'm guessing Derrick Lewis is "French" as well - kind of a mixture of Francis' and Poirier's backgrounds. Except, you know... I doubt the majority of his ancestors had it easy in the U.S.

XaPIpc_21WAkjCtb
Where did this whole idea of the French being cowards emerge from.
If I'm not mistaken, didn't Napoleon control and had the whole of Europe(excluding England) at edge for damn near 15 years.
A nation who produced arguably the greatest military mind who's tactic some 300 years later is still being taught at elite military institutions like West Point and Sandhurst in Napoleon Bonaparte.
4th of July is hours away, perhaps you should be reminded that the French fought and died for the realization of this nation's independence before you decide to throw another petty insults.

Thursday some of us watched the future!

MMA GP 3
Issy Les Moulineaux, France

Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 2:00pm ET / 11:00am PT
Faycal Hucin vs. Wildemar Santos
Sofiane Bouafia vs. Armênio Neto
Banjougou Sidibe vs. Ruslan Abrekov
Ilian Bouafia vs. Milton Afonso Cabral

Tremble ye shall!

Why is that? Is that the way it's taught in France or is just a transliteration error kinda of thing. I notice it's mostly Europeans/outside of north america who do it. Canadians don't make the same error.

Every countr has its rules on punctuation. Pretty random imo.

The Vietnam war and the second Gulf war, where American propaganda had to discredit the French army : "The Viets beat the French, but that's only because France sucks at war!" and "of course WMD are real, the French don't want to join only because they suck at war!". Both conflicts ended-up being failures and America wasted lives and resources for absolutely nothing.

I thought it was the Brazillians, then it was the Russians, Africans, now the French ??!!

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Napoleon control and had the whole of Europe(excluding England) at edge for damn near 15 years.
A nation who produced arguably the greatest military mind who's tactic some 300 years later is still being taught at elite military institutions like West Point and Sandhurst in Napoleon Bonaparte.
4th of July is hours away, perhaps you should be reminded that the French fought and died for the realization of this nation's independence before you decide to throw another petty insults.
It's based on their behaviour in multiple conflicts dating back over a thousand years at this point. Napoleon was running a universal movement that moved people across Europe. Ultimately he fled the battlefield without informing the soldiers of retreat.
World War 2 solidified the stereotype.

Napoleon-Complex.jpg

It's based on their behaviour in multiple conflicts dating back over a thousand years at this point. Napoleon was running a universal movement that moved people across Europe. Ultimately he fled the battlefield without informing the soldiers of retreat.

After Russia, France is the 2nd country with most casualties during WW1. Because of several factors, they were no match during WW2 but there still was a French resistance.
Of course, waiting til the very end to join Allies or sending H bombs and missiles to civilians from a distance will always be braver.

Last edited:
You are delusional if you think I in any way said that. I just said he discovered it before the end of his career. He had his last fight in 2019, so he discovered it well before the end of his career. Never said anything about training or taking it seriously.
My bad.

After Russia, France is the 2nd country with most casualties during WW1. Because of several factors, they were no match during WW2 but there still was a French resistance.
Of course, waiting til the very end to join Allies or sending H bombs and missiles to civilians from a distance will always be braver.
Even during World War 1 low level commanders would hide away while sending kids to die.
The resistance was a very small movement that got blown up by Hollywood.

The stereotype is there and has been formed over so many years that it's impossible to shake.

Even during World War 1 low level commanders would hide away while sending kids to die.
The resistance was a very small movement that got blown up by Hollywood.

The stereotype is there and has been formed over so many years that it's impossible to shake.

You know shit about history. There's more to French resistance than your stupid Hollywood movies (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Resistance). You're also in favour of sending kids to die as cannon fodder, but then again, you're just a dumbass.

You know shit about history. There's more to French resistance than your stupid Hollywood movies (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Resistance). You're also in favour of sending kids to die as cannon fodder, but then again, you're just a dumbass.
Whoa, I get that it's frustrating, but don't take it out on me. French Resistance was a tiny movement, speaking strictly numbers, and its significance is widely questioned.

I think you misunderstood me, it was normal for leaders and commanders to take part in fights and die with their units, during World War 1 the culture in French military was to hide away as soon as you built up a rank that allowed you to do so, while cruelly sending those below you to die in reused uniforms.

That was one of the arguments explaining why during World War 2 they gave up straight away - there was no trust in the army and no willingness to die for the country.

Don't let it mess with you, the stereotype is there, but I doubt it has any impact on your life. Plus, you've got Ngannou and Gane now.

Whoa, I get that it's frustrating, but don't take it out on me. French Resistance was a tiny movement, speaking strictly numbers, and its significance is widely questioned.

I think you misunderstood me, it was normal for leaders and commanders to take part in fights and die with their units, during World War 1 the culture in French military was to hide away as soon as you built up a rank that allowed you to do so, while cruelly sending those below you to die in reused uniforms.

That was one of the arguments explaining why during World War 2 they gave up straight away - there was no trust in the army and no willingness to die for the country.

Don't let it mess with you, the stereotype is there, but I doubt it has any impact on your life. Plus, you've got Ngannou and Gane now.

Canadian here. No, I got exactly what you were implying. You were implying that an overwhelmed and weakened nation sharing direct land borders with Germany and already suffering a ton of casualties and reduced to sending kids to war are cowards for not continuing to do so. You are perpetuating dumb stereotypes because of your racist ignorance and idiocratic nature. Even Britain originally wanted to avoid the potential slaughter.

Canadian here. No, I got exactly what you were implying. You were implying that an overwhelmed and weakened nation sharing direct land borders with Germany and already suffering a ton of casualties and reduced to sending kids to war are cowards for not continuing to do so. You are perpetuating dumb stereotypes because of your racist ignorance and idiocratic nature. Even Britain originally wanted to avoid the potential slaughter.
Clearly you misunderstood, the stereotype already existed before the 2nd World War, and I am not perpetuating it - merely stating that it exists and listing arguments that led to its creation.
If you are strony nationalistic and it really bothers you then focus on the things that the country is renowned for that is good, like pastry and art.

It's interrsting that the loser on this site will write such shit and be convinced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back