Full Camp Usman Beats Khamzat.

Usman came closer to being finished. Usman barely did any damage with those few jabs. He was dominated on the ground

Usman did all the damage in round 2 and 3. Watch the fight again tard. Also read the judging criteria

I have to agree. At 170 with a full camp Usman would have dominated. Khamzat didn't look like a world beater out there. He only won because he had enough time in top position. But showed he cannot ragdoll the championship calibre fighters.
Dominated how? Usman literally got ragdolled and dominated on the entire first round, close to being choked out. Usman wouldn’t dominate nothing. He lost 2 rounds ffs and barely won a round when they were both inactive

Yep cause his lifetime of grappling skills and knowledge go out the window with a short notice fight......

Full camp Usman.....with 5 rounds, yes I agree he'd probably win. I don't think the 3 round fight would go much different with a full camp Usman. Fresh Usman got straight out maneuvered and taken down with ease.
<YeahOKJen>

So Khamzat has beat two last minute replacements and we still don’t know what his weight division is.

Give the dude a tilte shot or send him to slap fights

Next thread: Full Camp Volk Can't Be KO'd by A High Kick

No question about it.
Khamzat was lucky that the decision even went his way in the 3-rounder. I had it a draw - Khamzat did nothing in rounds 2 and 3 other than hold on. Usman would have continued to beat him up in another 2 rounds.

Yessir.

Like Conor, Chimaev is only dangerous for 1.5 rounds.

Becomes a point-fighter, if he can't blitz early.

Usman was whipping his ass in striking ... Pereira destroys him.
Poha Tan gets subbed in 30 seconds

Dominated how? Usman literally got ragdolled and dominated on the entire first round, close to being choked out. Usman wouldn’t dominate nothing. He lost 2 rounds ffs and barely won a round when they were both inactive

Usman showed he can defend the takedown and get up. He also showed the advantage in striking. In a 5 rounder I think he shows his strengths more.

I mean a 5 rounder at 170 with a full camp I'd expect Usman's wrestling to be sharper so he'd defend more and maybe even get his own takedowns.

Remember at 170 Khamzat would be more drained too. I did say at 170 Usman would dominate

Khamzat would sub Poatan inside 2 minutes
I'd account bet you in a second on it if they fought

Poha Tan gets subbed in 30 seconds

I doubt that.

Pereira has trained anti-grappling, anti-sub for more than seven years ... and he is bigger and stronger than Kamaru Usman, and by a country mile.

Pereira can stop 205ers from subbing him, let alone chicken-necked 170 lbers "moving up" ...

Worse, Pereira has more reach, more technique, more power, and better leg kicks than Usman or Burns, and by a country mile as well.

If Khamzat cannot finish Pereira in the first round, he gets absolutely decimated. FUBARed in the striking. Flatlined.

easily, usman won. kamzhat only has one round, a blitz, and after that he is dog tired. the only thing kamzhat did, was a leg ride, a hugged usman from his back with his legs. thats it. in the third he couldnt even pass guard. usman landed the better damage, the better strikes on the feet, and took the fight on short notice, going up a weight class. total bull shit short notice fest tonight, as predicted. usman did far better than imaginable, i think he won, based off of damage alone.

Usman was offered a 5 rounder but he turned it down.

At the after fight interview he siad he regret making it 3rounds and I agree - a 11day Usman had more cardio than full camp Khamzat

It seems like a very decent scenario.

I was seeing him winning this fight if 5 rounds, even on short notice (but it remains an opinion and not a fact).

Also, he's much older than Khamzat and in a declining trajectory, yet still put a very decent fight.

Usman was offered a 5 rounder but he turned it down.

At the after fight interview he siad he regret making it 3rounds and I agree - a 11day Usman had more cardio than full camp Khamzat
Didn't know that. Surprised he made that decision since he always comes in top shape.

The shorter duration obviously favours Chimaev and also allows him to go all out in the first round knowing he only has 2 more to go, but even by the second he was looking a bit winded.

Back