• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***Fury/Ngannou MEGA THREAD***

Hybrid? Lmao Fury is just boxing. Any 'hybrid' rules will be garbage, the fight will still favour Fury, hard.

Sounds like Fury is going to fight him with small gloves. Huge respect for being the first high profile boxer in history to be willing to do that, other than Malignaggi vs Artem.

What a joke.

Ngannou got completely out boxed by feather-fisted midget, Ciryl Gane (6'4"), and that was with the benefit of tiny gloves.

With full-size boxing gloves, Ngannou will get absolutely embarrassed by giant, Tyson Fury (6'9"), and then Ngannou will get flatlined.

Even if they have tiny gloves, this will be worse for Ngannou, as it will benefit Fury more than Ngannou. Fury will not only KO Ngannou, with smaller gloves, but will rearrange his face.

Dana and the ufc should just get on board this is money like may/mac was.
The 4oz gloves will help frank if it happens he has great timing, power, speed but he's still only got a puncher's chance at the end of the day.
The Triad fights were pretty shocking in how well the MMA fighters over performed. Having those small gloves changes a lot. Tyson was brought up bareknuckle boxing so he should have a pretty good foundation under him compared to other boxers. I think Frank can still have a decent chance of catching him, but putting him down and keeping him down are two completely different things. The mixed rules will really help sales too and is the way MayMac should have been done too. Tyson a crazy mofo, not many like him out there willing to risk so much.

Right if it is just boxing rules it's a circus. Much worse than McGregor vs Mayweather IMO. It takes years to develop the subtle adjustments, head movements, footwork and defensive tactics in boxing. Those are predicated on Marquis of Queensbury rules though. In a hybrid fight things could go Ngannou's way because against Ngannou there is no way Tyson Fury has enough power to stop him before he closes and starts to throw him around. Also outside of boxing I think Fury is kind of uncoordinated (based on a couple things I saw on Youtube like grappling Darrin Till.)

I think they just mean more of a bareknuckle (small gloves presumably) boxing match rather than including a lot of wrestling. Will be interesting to see what they negotiate. I just think Fury holds a lot of the cards in negotiations and won't give away too much, and Ngannou has already said he would fight him under whatever rules he wants... Fury wants to give him just enough rules to make it a bit interesting but not so much that he's the underdog, I would think.

What a joke.

Ngannou got completely out boxed by feather-fisted midget, Ciryl Gane (6'4"), and that was with the benefit of tiny gloves.

With full-size boxing gloves, Ngannou will get absolutely embarrassed by giant, Tyson Fury (6'9"), and then Ngannou will get flatlined.

Even if they have tiny gloves, this will be worse for Ngannou, as it will benefit Fury more than Ngannou. Fury will not only KO Ngannou, with smaller gloves, but will rearrange his face.
hey man, im the biggest ciryl fan here, idiot, ciryl had the foot works and the jab to do so to a slow ngannou and injured one, GTFO.

Ali-Inoki.jpeg

If it's a hybrid fight I'd say it's 50/50.

What a joke.

Pretty sure most people would sign up for a joke to make $10 million.

hey man, im the biggest ciryl fan here, idiot, ciryl had the foot works and the jab to do so to a slow ngannou and injured one, GTFO.

You're the idiot if you think Ciryl Gane has anywhere near the jab of Tyson Fury.

Just the awkward, imbecilic nature of the way you write clarifies who's the idiot between us.

Pretty sure most people would sign up for a joke to make $10 million.

How much money Ngannou is going to make is a different subject from discussing his chances of winning.

And it won't be any of my money.

How much money Ngannou is going to make is a different subject from discussing his chances of winning.

And it won't be any of my money.
Which is why it's silly to criticize a prizefighter for taking a dumbass fight when it's the biggest fight possible. Honor and sportsmanship doesn't pay bills. No one seriously thinks this is a bout made for sporting purposes and to be indignant over that fact is silly.

The only hybrid style I see Francis having a chance in is if they allow kicks. If it's just boxing with clinching allowed then Fury will KO him quickly and easily.

Back