Fury vs Whyte

Come on. The guys a 42 year old multiple time steroid cheat. Whyte was a heavy favorite and that was an ugly blemish to his resume.

No one else would be getting credit for beating washed up Povetkin and everyone else would be getting dragged through the mud for losing to him. Whyte gets cut slack because of all the HWs Whye is probably the easiest to be a fan of in and out of the ring.
That's not what I'm saying at all. 9/10 I think Whyte beats Povetkin because as you say he's old and washed up. BUT he still had a great left hand and he set up the perfect shot. Name any HW that would stand up to that shot.

Otto Wallin wasn't even 'easy money' so yes your take is casual. Since the Wlad fight (6 years ago), Fury has just fought cans and Wilder who is basically just a can that can punch.
Can you go into the similarities between Wallin & Whyte???

Who has Whyte fought that is remotely comparable to Fury?

By that same logic you can go "look what Povetkin & Joshua did to Whyte. Or the b level heavies he went life & death with."

Agreed entirely. My point is people writing off the loss because they like Whyte. It was a really, really bad loss.
i don’t know if i’ve seen that. if you mean they’re “writing it off” in the sense that povetkin was a very good HW who hadn’t lost since joshua, and him beating whyte isn’t a huge surprise, then sure.

By that same logic you can go "look what Povetkin & Joshua did to Whyte. Or the b level heavies he went life & death with."
he literally said francis ngannou is a better heavyweight than tyson fury or deontay wilder. don’t bother.

Povetkin was old, passed it, and yes he has looked significantly different since the PEDs (likely due to that+age)

Agreed entirely. My point is people writing off the loss because they like Whyte. It was a really, really bad loss.

It wasn't a bad loss at all, Whyte was actually dominating that fight as he was expected too and rightly so, he should of been....but he became complacent and Pov made him pay due to his boxing experience. I don't think this was a bad loss, more an unlucky loss. Povetkin could of done it to anybody and I don't think anybody would of got up from it. Whyte was unlucky on the night and he openly said in the post match interview he knew he'd fucked up when he threw his punch....it was one of then moment that just needed a morgan freeman voice over and a caption saying "and at that moment he knew he'd fucked up". This is the reason everyone loves HW boxing.

In regards to the fight I think Whyte will do better against TF than AJ would. I'm hoping for a dust up because I think it'd be outstanding and could go either way but we all know that won't happen, TF will win via boxing Whytes head off.

For me, any HW fight outside of Fury vs Usyk is a formal but not so exciting step closer to THE big fight. At this point, I just hope both Fury and Usyk win their next matches in whatever manner so the undisputed fight isn't ruined.

Come on. The guys a 42 year old multiple time steroid cheat. Whyte was a heavy favorite and that was an ugly blemish to his resume.

No one else would be getting credit for beating washed up Povetkin and everyone else would be getting dragged through the mud for losing to him. Whyte gets cut slack because of all the HWs Whye is probably the easiest to be a fan of in and out of the ring.

Whyte was just caught thought while dominating, it was very similar to Lewis being caught twice by inferior fighters, it can happen. Whyte is a big puncher and can legit box, so I think he can give Fury a lot of trouble if he fights aggressive and intelligently vs the plodding and hittable Fury who is now overrated for beating up a basketballer with a right hand. You have it 70/30 I probably have it 60/40 so we have similar views. The ones who are claiming whyte has no chance or nothing for fury are the total clowns though.

For me, any HW fight outside of Fury vs Usyk is a formal but not so exciting step closer to THE big fight. At this point, I just hope both Fury and Usyk win their next matches in whatever manner so the undisputed fight isn't ruined.
If they don't win they don't deserve to be in the big match anymore than Wilder and AJ did by losing imo. I don't give a damn who holds the titles going in to determine who is undisputed. I'll watch Fury/Usyk, Whyte/Usyk, Fury/AJ Whyte/AJ II and be happy because whoever steps into that match with all of the belts on the line will be the 2 best in the division facing off.

Never really thought aj would step aside, the talk of it may even be just a revenge move on arum from Hearn after they were fucked about with the undisputed fight. I'm happy with whyte as furys next fight. I don't have the fight as close as others though, but it needs to fucking happen.

huh? He has proven himself as one of the best Hw's today, with a very solid resume. Wallin is a bum who took a dive in a fight and gave Fury a tough fight, and Whyte is just a better fighter overall if you just look at his career, and in case you didn't notice he will be by far the best fighter Fury has fought in 6 years.

huh? He has proven himself as one of the best Hw's today, with a very solid resume. Wallin is a bum who took a dive in a fight and gave Fury a tough fight, and Whyte is just a better fighter overall if you just look at his career, and in case you didn't notice he will be by far the best fighter Fury has fought in 6 years.

Which fight did Wallin take a dive in, genuinely don't know? He's only lost once as far as I know. Also genuinely don't see Whyte as better than Wilder, but that's subjective I guess.

Which fight did Wallin take a dive in, genuinely don't know? He's only lost once as far as I know. Also genuinely don't see Whyte as better than Wilder, but that's subjective I guess.

Ye sorry it was actually one of Otto's opponents who took the dive. Teddy atlas did a video on it on twitter. So thats his caliber, he's beaten nobody. Wilder can't box so I don't know how someone can deny Whyte is better especially these days. He also gave a confident AJ a good fight and has surely improved since then.

Whyte has the best resume out there of the HW challengers and fury and wilder. He got one punch ko’d by povetkin when he was dominating the fight a punch that would likely have ko’d anyone.

i don’t know if i’ve seen that. if you mean they’re “writing it off” in the sense that povetkin was a very good HW who hadn’t lost since joshua, and him beating whyte isn’t a huge surprise, then sure.
Look at the responses itt. “He was dominating until he got knocked out”. Its the Alistair Overeem excuse.

Povetkin WAS a very good HW, while young and on steroids. Hes neither of those things any longer and it was a bad loss. Wed be clowning any other fighter getting a shot at the top dog one fight removed from being dropped like a sack of bricks by a 42 year old.

And all that said, Im glad Whytes getting it. Hes one of the only HWs consistently trying to fight contenders/the best.

Whyte is Furys first real test against someone with a legit record since Wlad. That fight will tell us a lot more about Furys standing than the Wilder fights.
Nothing would be sweeter than seeing Whyte take the straps and being able to tell Hearn, Warren etc to eat shit and getting to strong arm them moving forward with any negotiations

Povetkin WAS a very good HW, while young and on steroids. Hes neither of those things any longer and it was a bad loss.

Actually the young Povetkin was notorious for being a lazy mf. If you look at his body change he really got into PED near the end of his career and took training a lot more serious. Also his success was more to his iron chin and technical world class abilites. Pure sluggers were lost against him .He might have been older but I would bet regarding training he was more consistent in that time and it showed.

Look at the responses itt. “He was dominating until he got knocked out”. Its the Alistair Overeem excuse.

Povetkin WAS a very good HW, while young and on steroids. Hes neither of those things any longer and it was a bad loss. Wed be clowning any other fighter getting a shot at the top dog one fight removed from being dropped like a sack of bricks by a 42 year old.

And all that said, Im glad Whytes getting it. Hes one of the only HWs consistently trying to fight contenders/the best.
Yet povetkin would be the best win on wilders resume and the 2nd best on fury’s

Yet povetkin would be the best win on wilders resume and the 2nd best on fury’s
And youll never see me praising them for the records…… In fact, Ive been saying for years that Whyte has the best resume besides AJ.

And, had Wilder or Fury been put to sleep by 41+ year old Povetkin we’d all be laughing at them still.

This is just another example of passes Whyte gets that others dont, because hes an easy to like fan favorite.

Back