Tech Gaming Hardware discussion (& Hardware Sales) thread

So, I take it you've been stalked for years.

You poor man, you have my deepest sympathies.

But since this is a gaming discussion, I just looked on Ebay and saw that Rx 590s used are going for more now than what I purchased mine for new last year. I think I got mine for like 170 and they're pulling in around 300ish now.

Sold my 1070ti like a month ago for 275 which I thought was great. Looks like they are reaching close to 400 now.

Hey guys
I'm in the market for a 55 inch 4k TV for when I get a PS5.
Just saw this deal on best buy.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-55-class-oled-4k-uhd-smartcast-tv/6416810.p?skuId=6416810&irclickid=X:I3Nt1vExyLRsOxTSQPxVT4UkEW82SHuXne0A0&irgwc=1&ref=198&loc=CNET Media Group&acampID=0&mpid=159047

Is this a good TV for PS5? It has 120Hz refresh rate and 2 HDMI 2.1 ports, which I believe are what you want for gaming.
Ended up buying this today. Only truly annoying thing about it is no ESPN+. I legit only use this TV for 2 things. Videos and UFC lol. Won't be a big deal once U get ahold of a ps5.

For now even my ps4 games look so much better its crazy. My old TV was from 2011 so it's a big step up.

What about memory? I have a 16 gb set of 3600 mhz corsair vengeance lying around, think the price of memory is on the rise as well?

I don't pay attention to memory, it's usually the cheapest part of your major components so the amount of money you can make isn't worth it when you add fees like from ebay. There are exceptions like the shortage a couple years ago, but it usually isn't as volatile like video cards or motherboards. When buying used ram the money saved isn't worth it IMO. Brands like G. Skill offer a lifetime warranty.

Microcenter finally got some new GPUs in.

<DCWhoa>

A few 1660s.

<26>

Sapphire is bringing back it's Toxic line but it's not vapor chamber
151353347_4126973630670837_225465037215903479_o.jpg

On the flipside...
BREAKING: NVIDIA Fights Back Miners With Crippled RTX 3060 Mining Performance And New CMP Cores ⛏

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...-not-reduce-3060-ti-3070-3080-3090-eth-mining
This morning, Nvidia announced that it would artificially reduce the performance of its upcoming $329 GeForce RTX 3060 graphics card when it comes to one specific task: Ethereum cryptocurrency mining.
giphy.gif

They won't nerf the mining capability of existing GPUs, but the new CMP cores are an entirely different architecture aimed at cryptominers in an effort to keep them from buying up gaming GPUs. While it isn't clear how much those will compete with gaming GPUs for foundry production space, it's another welcome development.

On the flipside...
BREAKING: NVIDIA Fights Back Miners With Crippled RTX 3060 Mining Performance And New CMP Cores ⛏

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...-not-reduce-3060-ti-3070-3080-3090-eth-mining

giphy.gif

They won't nerf the mining capability of existing GPUs, but the new CMP cores are an entirely different architecture aimed at cryptominers in an effort to keep them from buying up gaming GPUs. While it isn't clear how much those will compete with gaming GPUs for foundry production space, it's another welcome development.

Earlier today, Nvidia proclaimed that "Geforce Is Made for Gaming" and that their upcoming RTX 3060 graphics card would feature a software-based performance limiter which will limit the graphics card's cryptocurrency mining potential. In a statement to PC Gamer, Nvidia challenged cryptocurrency miners by saying that their "software cannot be hacked to remove the limiter".
Link

Saying it can't be hacked is a pretty bold claim. Hopefully it isn't some bullshit like the card has to call home every so often to verify it isn't being used to for crypto. I don't trust Nvidia to not collect a bunch of additional info.

Earlier today, Nvidia proclaimed that "Geforce Is Made for Gaming" and that their upcoming RTX 3060 graphics card would feature a software-based performance limiter which will limit the graphics card's cryptocurrency mining potential. In a statement to PC Gamer, Nvidia challenged cryptocurrency miners by saying that their "software cannot be hacked to remove the limiter".
Link

Saying it can't be hacked is a pretty bold claim. Hopefully it isn't some bullshit like the card has to call home every so often to verify it isn't being used to for crypto. I don't trust Nvidia to not collect a bunch of additional info.

in soviet russia, nvidia mines you!

On the flipside...

giphy.gif

This is probably my own stupidity prompting this question but...
Isn't this bad for someone who wants to get an RTX3080/3090? If they nerfed the crypto capabilities of the 3060 then miners will go solely for the 3080 and 3090

Isn't this bad for someone who wants to get an RTX3080/3090? If they nerfed the crypto capabilities of the 3060 then miners will go solely for the 3080 and 3090
If cryptominers are after horsepower then they would have kept targeting the 3080 anyway. This at least frees up 3060s for people who are waiting to upgrade from 9 and 10-series cards.

Assuming Nvidia plans on making this common practice, this is good for us in the long run. I was going to wait for a 4080 anyway, but now I might actually have hopes of getting one when I want it.

If cryptominers are after horsepower then they would have kept targeting the 3080 anyway. This at least frees up 3060s for people who are waiting to upgrade from 9 and 10-series cards.

Assuming Nvidia plans on making this common practice, this is good for us in the long run. I was going to wait for a 4080 anyway, but now I might actually have hopes of getting one when I want it.

Yea it will at least help some people. My cousin would certainly be ok with just a 3060 he's never playing the latest and greatest as it is and he isn't concerned about having the best possible graphics or even playing in 4k.

nvidia is apparently making a line of cards for miners, anyway. cmp.

When do they come out?

Yeah it strikes me as kind of a phony good will gesture to gamers. Mid tier gpus aren’t generally used for mining anyways to my knowledge. This way they pretend like they’re doing something about while still letting miners use their cards for mining since they were going for 3080s and 3090s anyways