Gane is a less talented HW version of Adesanya

KanoKanito

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Not only less talented version but also with worse TDD than IZZY. I don't understand the hype behind him. He tries to be an izzy copycat, but he has nowhere near izzy talent.

A copycat of Adesanya? I have literally never seen anyone else claim this and see zero evidence of it. They fight nothing alike and carry themselves in a completely different way.
what do you mean they fight nothing alike, can you give an example of these differences?

Copycat how? Doesn’t look like Izzy, doesn’t fight like Izzy and certainly doesn’t behave like Izzy. What is he copying?
If he doesn't fight like izzy can you give some examples of these differences that you talk about?

what do you mean they fight nothing alike, can you give an example of these differences?

With my exactly 0 years of training, much less experience (but high level arm chair opinion) I would say -

Gane is a bit bouncier. I don't want to suggest Izzy is flat footed or ploddish, but rather that Izzy often moves super calculated (I suppose to preserve energy). He almost creeps around the octagon with his movement and will often pause to interrupt the cadence.

Obviously Izzy also throws a bit flashier spinning techniques (although that seems mostly due to weight difference) and more question mark / switch kicks as opposed to just the spinning heel kicks from Gane (unless im forgetting something obv).

But to your point, imo we are kind of nitpicking stylistic differences when, overall, they do share a lot of relative similarities.

If he doesn't fight like izzy can you give some examples of these differences that you talk about?
Without going into kick differences, and Izzy’s counterstriking precision and all that, you do know that out of 9 finishes, Gane has 3 by sub? That’s a 33% ratio. Izzy is at a flat 0.

Without going into kick differences, and Izzy’s counterstriking precision and all that, you do know that out of 9 finishes, Gane has 3 by sub? That’s a 33% ratio. Izzy is at a flat 0.

Another good point. Izzy seems to like to wait on the counter a bit more with precise accuracy than Gane who imo prefers to be kind of a poker to draw out the attacks.

again keep in mind i have no idea wtf im talking about

Not only less talented version but also with worse TDD than IZZY. I don't understand the hype behind him. He tries to be an izzy copycat, but he has nowhere near izzy talent.
you go expose Gane then
show us the way

and LOL
you literally compared a 2 humans nearly 100lbs different in size with completely different body types
Basically said
that bear isnt quite as athletic as that jaguar over there. that bear is pretending to be a jaguar
Cant compare the 2 with out sounding like a fool

this part you should read to educate self

Of course the smaller guy is more athletic and can do more things.
But Gane is literally the A level HW sherdog has been crying about for over a decade
Gane/Blaydes/Aspinall the only 3 "athletes" I can think of in the HW div currently
and only one of those 3 has proven they can take shots and fight on the feet

so if going to compare a 250 man
compare him to another HW
you say bum version of izzy
I say he (could) be an improved version of Stipe
mobile HW with footwork and hand speed. and timing is next level.

Gane has high level striking IQ. How many guys do you see throwing hammer fists at a rocked op standing? not the 1st time he has done it either
did this to save his hands from breaking on a punching bag. Dude has scary awareness on the feet

Uhh... doesn't fight like him, doesn't look like him... doesn't promote fights like him. Other than trying to fight a technical striking match... Where's the similarities? Fucking white belt post man.

Uhh... doesn't fight like him, doesn't look like him... doesn't promote fights like him. Other than trying to fight a technical striking match... Where's the similarities? Fucking white belt post man.

This kind of casuality should be banned from Sherdog forever.

HW division sucks- Sherdog

Bashes the rare good talent in HW - Sherdog

Pathetic thread. Pure weak hater energy, shameful haha.

TS should be embarrassed

Back