Media Gane trains with the biggest Dagestani- HW division on the watch?

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your stay

I wish Gane nothing but the best and hope he does well. I feel that learning wrestling is something that would need to be done at an early age (or at least a very long period of time) to truly excel at. Gane with great wrestling would be tough for anyone to deal with

I wish Gane nothing but the best and hope he does well. I feel that learning wrestling is something that would need to be done at an early age (or at least a very long period of time) to truly excel at. Gane with great wrestling would be tough for anyone to deal with

it's a lot easier to learn how to stop takedowns than it is to actually wrestle.

He doesn't need to really learn wrestling, just the aspects of it that he can use to defend takedowns, and how to stand back up. Same thing Izzy did. Also, Gane is a fantastic athlete(by MMA standards) and can probably pick up the basic instincts easier than most HWs.

It will come down to whether or not his training is being structured appropriately or not. So far, it obviously hasn't been. We will see if that changes.

He doesn't need to really learn wrestling, just the aspects of it that he can use to defend takedowns, and how to stand back up. Same thing Izzy did. Also, Gane is a fantastic athlete(by MMA standards) and can probably pick up the basic instincts easier than most HWs.

It will come down to whether or not his training is being structured appropriately or not. So far, it obviously hasn't been. We will see if that changes.
Yeah i think losing to Jones within minutes was a huge wake up call for him to finally do something about learning to properly defend takedowns. Would have liked to see that fight play out much longer

Its just too late for it to make a difference against a good grappler,most like.

That and his sort of laid back approach to training in general.

His TDD is putrid so he needs to some serious work over there.

Gane training with the dagestanis could change everything in the HW division landscape. That's all he needed. Really excited to see what this new version of Gane will be able to do.

View attachment 989975

Nothing he can do going forward can make up for that embarrassment he showed against JBJ.

Worst thing for him is he'll never get that rematch to put things right....

Nothing he can do going forward can make up for that embarrassment he showed against JBJ.

Worst thing for him is he'll never get that rematch to put things right....
Eh

if he keeps having matches like he did before that fight,people will like him again.

Its just too late for it to make a difference against a good grappler,most like.

That and his sort of laid back approach to training in general.
Everyone said that about Ngannou after he lost to Stipe.

Fun thing: the only one to take Ngannou down after that loss wasn't Blaydes, Cain, or Stipe. It was Gane.

Go train with Javier Mendez and let him bring in the wrestlers. Otherwise...nope. Ya done as far as Jones goes son.Not that Jones will ever give him a rematch.

Back