Opinion General Mark Milley - Traitor or Hero?

Add on to that bragging about lying to Trump about troops in Syria is adding to the MIC basically circumnavigating the civilian controls of the nation. For all the faults of Trump the response has been far worse than anything he did or said. It’s scary they are cheering this all the way into the abyss

It does seem to be people care more who's driving the car. Not where the cars going. Even if it's over a cliff.

Smh.

Has this been proven at all? Didn't this come from Woodward?

If these allegations are proven, then Milley needs to be court martialed. I've been in the military long enough to know that nobody has the autonomy to go behind their superior's back for any reason. "Never be the highest ranking person with a secret" is a pretty solid way to stay out of trouble. Ignoring that advice always ends poorly.

But again, if this comes directly from Woodward then I will ignore it. Guy is a shit stirrer and probably a CIA hack.

Seems out of line, but Trump was a complete fucktard of a president.

That's not on the military to decide. Allowing the military to decide who is and is not fit for president is how you end up in a police state. For better or worse, the people voted Trump into office. Military leadership is not there to play politician. If they want to do that they can retire and run for office.

So a general wants to talk to Russia and tell them they don't want war with Biden and will try to stop him from using Nukes. That would be also cool right?

Anyways since TS does not great standards for information here is the story.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us...ina-twice-trump-term-ended-report-2021-09-14/
WASHINGTON, Sept 14 (Reuters) - The top U.S. general secretly called his Chinese counterpart twice over concerns then-President Donald Trump could spark a war with China as his potential election loss loomed and in its aftermath, the Washington Post reported on Tuesday.

U.S. General Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, called General Li Zuocheng of the People’s Liberation Army on Oct. 30, 2020 - four days before the election - and again on Jan. 8, two days after Trump supporters led a deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol, the newspaper reported.

In the calls, Milley sought to assure Li the United States was stable and not going to attack and, if there were to be an attack, he would alert his counterpart ahead of time, the report said.

The report was based on "Peril," a new book by journalists Bob Woodward and Robert Costa, which they said relied on interviews with 200 sources and is due to be released next week.

Trump, in a statement, cast doubt in the story, calling it "fabricated." He said if the story was true Milley should be tried for treason. "For the record, I never even thought of attacking China," Trump said.

Milley's office declined to comment.

Republican Senator Marco Rubio called on President Joe Biden, a Democrat, to immediately fire Milley.

sked about the Washington Post report, White House spokesperson Karine Jean-Pierre declined to comment and referred questions to the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Defense Department.

Trump, a Republican, named Milley to the top military post in 2018 but began criticizing him, as well as other appointees and former staffers, after losing the presidential election to Biden in November 2020.

The Washington Post reported that Milley was motivated to contact Beijing the second time in part due to a Jan. 8 call with U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who had asked the general what safeguards were in place to prevent an "unstable president" from launching a nuclear strike.

"He's crazy. You know he's crazy," Pelosi told Milley, the newspaper reported, citing a transcript of the call.

"I do not need to tell of you the dangers posed by senior military officers leaking classified information on U.S. military operations, but I will underscore that such subversion undermines the President’s ability to negotiate and leverage one of this nation’s instruments of national power in his interactions with foreign nations," Rubio said in a letter to Biden.

Wait, so the allegations are that Milley contacted leaders after Trump lost?

If you think Trump is that dangerous you take proof to his cabinet and try to get them to 25th amendment him, or resign and then take your fears public. Those are acceptable courses of action if you are genuinely of the belief that he’s lost it. You don’t try to subvert power. And you obviously don’t tell our top adversary that you would warn them in the event we decided to attack them. There is zero problem with him calling his Chinese counterpart and stressing that we are not going to attack them. But if he genuinely said that he would inform them ahead of time if we were to attack, that is unquestionably treason

It does seem to be people care more who's driving the car. Not where the cars going. Even if it's over a cliff.

Smh.
Yeah. As long as it owns the other side they are willing to throw it all away. Basically they’ll ride in the car while the authoritarians drive is over the cliff. But they’re cool with it as it’s going to wreck us too. Scary man

Really to be honest

Dont even have to like Trump. But he was acting outside of the Chain of command should be removed and have his pension taken

If you think Trump is that dangerous you take proof to his cabinet and try to get them to 25th amendment him, or resign and then take your fears public. Those are acceptable courses of action if you are genuinely of the belief that he’s lost it. You don’t try to subvert power. And you obviously don’t tell our top adversary that you would warn them in the event we decided to attack them. There is zero problem with him calling his Chinese counterpart and stressing that we are not going to attack them. But if he genuinely said that he would inform them ahead of time if we were to attack, that is unquestionably treason
Yes. This. Basically taking it into your own hands and subverting the process is very dangerous and should be punished harshly. Too bad he’ll be jailed and a hero. As he already is here.

What are this generals qualifications to determine a persons sanity?

If he did this, and I highly doubt this bullshit story, but if he did it's clearly treason.

Trump would've had massive support had he gone "full Gestapo" on the black and anarchist rioters last year.

Instead he did nothing nothing but importantly tweet "law and order" over and over again while doing nothing.

His secratary of states blocked any such action. Trump would have had to fire and replace more secratary of states until he got one that would do it. It is like you are side stepping this fact and the nation guard is under state control.

It is also like you completely forgot that federal agents instead were grabbing people and throwing people into unmarked cars and disappearing. Not an arrest but just disappearing. If that isn't Gestapo, I don't know what is.

Last edited:
His secratary of states blocked any such action. Trump would have had to fire and replace more secratary of states until he got one that would do it. It is like you are side stepping this fact and the nation guard is under state control.

It is also like you completely forgot that federal agents instead were grabbing people and throwing people into unmarked cars and disappearing. Not an arrest but just disappearing. If that isn't Gestapo, I don't know what is.

He could've quelled the rioting, he just didn't want to. He's not the authoritarian figure he likes to present himself as.

The Gestapo would've led actual mass arrests, not just of the rioters but also of the Soros-backed district attorneys that were actively bailing them out of jail and dropping all charges against them.

He could've quelled the rioting, he just didn't want to. He's not the authoritarian figure he likes to present himself as.

The Gestapo would've led actual mass arrests, not just of the rioters but also of the Soros-backed district attorneys that were actively bailing them out of jail and dropping all charges against them.
And the disappearing people is such crap. They used unmarked cars and arrested them. What a hysterical girls saying such nonsense.

It is like you aren't reading what I wrote about what he was doing with federal agents.

And the disappearing people is such crap. They used unmarked cars and arrested them. What a hysterical girls saying such nonsense.

No identification of who they were. No rights. No arrest. Detained with no explanation.

It is like you aren't reading what I wrote about what he was doing with federal agents.

I know what he did with them and it was a nothing burger. Literally nothing happened to any of those people

No identification of who they were. No rights. No arrest. Detained with no explanation.
No. That’s not what happens but keep on pretending it did. I bet if you scream it loud enough msm will come and lie for you and back you up.
None of that ever happened. You just want to believe it did. Stop being a hysterical girl

So he went behind a sitting Presidents back to speak to another foreign leader. Democrats went on and on how Trump was going to go to war with North Korea and not one phone call to him Lol only to China ... yeah China owns the US... also, kind of reminds me of someone else going behind a Presidents back funding a lab in China..... interesting

Back