General MMA discussion and future lines - May 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would use actual age a lot less than fight age regarding decisions on fighting

meh, everyone has their opinions on this kind of stuff... It's well known that someone in their 20's will be in their athletic prime as opposed to being in your 30's

Interesting, but pretty much all are far from a lock. Best of luck.

meh, everyone has their opinions on this kind of stuff... It's well known that someone in their 20's will be in their athletic prime as opposed to being in your 30's
Meh,,,,,I'm glad Couture never listened to you guys....

i dunno man i'm 30 and feel like i am definitely in my athletic prime now. agree there is obviously a fall off once you reach your mid 30s and test levels drop.

Phil Davis -200 over King Mo
Luke -200 over The Chris
Moose -190 over Brunson
Jose -106 over Frankie
Jones -280 over Cormier

Parlay is +720 odds

what do you guys think? I just cant see any of these guys losing.
Thats pretty good and good for you for picking Aldo, solid bet.

The only ones I feel good about are moose and davis. Luke will likely win, jones and DC and Frankie vs Aldo are both coin flips imo, if I had to pick I would slightly favor jones and Aldo. Good bet and good luck to you sir

Phil Davis -200 over King Mo
Luke -200 over The Chris
Moose -190 over Brunson
Jose -106 over Frankie
Jones -280 over Cormier

Parlay is +720 odds

what do you guys think? I just cant see any of these guys losing.
I tried a Par-lay with the wife just now. Well she's upstairs and I am on Sherdog, grrrrrrrr

I do a 2 teamer Luke and Phil, 2 teamer Mousasi and Jones, and best aldo straight. No need to parlay him at -106

i think King Mo beats davis, or at the very least its a coin toss. others i like. good luck.

Edgar could beat Aldo
Chris could beat Luke
Mo could beat Phil

It's not a terrible parlay but ...

Bellator cut ties with Will Brooks! Can't see him or the UFC not wanting to go into business together. Should be some interesting fights down the line.

Bellator cut ties with Will Brooks! Can't see him or the UFC not wanting to go into business together. Should be some interesting fights down the line.

crazy, top talent right there

Really looking forward to seeing him in the UFC!

Let's talk about Cote vs Cerrone. Surprised to see the Cowboy is an early favourite and the ML for Cote is fairly decent. Anybody see this changing much?

Let's talk about Cote vs Cerrone. Surprised to see the Cowboy is an early favourite and the ML for Cote is fairly decent. Anybody see this changing much?
Think Cerrone will maybe become a slightly bigger fave. Like the over and probably Cerrone by decision

cerrone small favorite seems right to me. no strong feeling. kinda like O2.5 -125 on it.

i was big on Rockhold the first time he fought Weidman, but at +185 (decision line at +406) there's gotta be value in Weidman, right?

Really? I see Cerrone as a relatively large favourite, don't think Cote offers him much

Disagree and I am one of the biggest Cowboy fans you'll find. Cote has become a terrific all around fighter. He has a granite chin, nice boxing, and his grappling has really caught up with the rest of his game. He's naturally bigger than Cowboy by quite a bit too. I remember when Cote took a fight with Tito for the LHW title on short notice back in the day. Cowboy is really a natural LW.

I absolutely HATE to bet against Cowboy but I'm gonna hit Cote dec at +295 now, and will probably add to Cote in some way if odds steepen on Cowboy. Ben Saunders has an extremely tricky guard and Cote ate him up on the mat. Cowboy is a notoriously slow starter and this is a 3 round fight. If he gives away rd 1 like he often does, the margin for error is going to be so slim for him to win. It will be hard for him to stop Cote and he'd need to win rds 2 and 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back